Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E:mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed (no such file or directory)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, just got a brand new s82b in the mail today. Could not update firmware by sdcard, keep getting this error: E:mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed (no such file or directory). I finally used usb burning tool to update hoping it would also fix this problem, however, this problem is still there, as I tried to install the trwp recovery but still keeps giving me this error: E:mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed (no such file or directory). Otherwise box works good, there is no other problems. Other than it doesn't forget the wifi point, it forgets but than after a reboot it connects again without need the password again. The sdcard works fine when the box is up and running, i installed my backups using titanium on the sdcard and it all worked good.

I've done some searches and see others have also experienced this problem, however, I haven't seen any fixes for this except suggestions to format your sdcard etc., which I've already done and no luck. Please help, thanks.

Originally posted by mike808 View Post
    Hi guys, just got a brand new s82b in the mail today. Could not update firmware by sdcard, keep getting this error: E:mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed
    Hi mike, did you try mounting the sdcard in Android mode then using a reboot app boot to recovery and see if you still have the issue.
    Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
    Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

You can also use a USB device...

Sometimes it helps to remove and replace the SD cart at recovery (sometimes more often then once)...

SD cart
      1. FAT32 ?
      2. removed secure at PC ?
      maybe try to reformat the SD to see if it fixes the problem...
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Yes, I've already tried all this, used 3 different sd cards with fresh format fat32, also, mounted fine in android but doesn't mount in recovery. Also, tried to boot into recovery first and then insert sdcard and vise versa. And yes, like my first post, i do remove them safely from the computer. I've done this many times before but for some reason getting this problem with this particular unit.

Sd card otherwise mounts and reads writes fine in android, no problem. I restored many of my apps that were stored on sdcard (different one) using titanium backup.

Only getting this issue in recovery.

Comment

Well, didn't do anything differently, just for the heck of it tried once more and lo and behold, the thing is working as it should.

Comment

Originally posted by mike808 View Post
            Well, didn't do anything differently, just for the heck of it tried once more and lo and behold, the thing is working as it should.
            That's a result then! I've just spent the last half hour googling
            "E:mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed (no such file or directory)" from what I've read the problem could lie in the internal sdcard not external sdcard. The only fix for the problem I could find was to use g-parted to format partion (p1).

Anyhow if there is now no problem there is nothing to fix.
            Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
            Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

Originally posted by ant View Post
              That's a result then! I've just spent the last half hour googling
              "E:mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed (no such file or directory)" from what I've read the problem could lie in the internal sdcard not external sdcard. The only fix for the problem I could find was to use g-parted to format partion (p1).

Anyhow if there is now no problem there is nothing to fix.
              I'm having the same issue and can't get it solved. Do you used g-parted on the android device?

Comment

Ensure that your SD card is partitioned as primary 😉

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Indeed, solved this by formating the partition as primary with partition mini tools.

It just works !

Comment

Working...
                  X