No announcement yet.

[ROM] RemiX 115k4 >>>s802

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I will answer my own question. I have loaded up this ROM on my MXIII Plus (S812) and it is working great. WIFI is working as well, which I can't understand, as I though the WIFI drivers were for a different adapter. I am on 5 ghz, not Ethernet connection and listening to Tunein radio. Awesome, can't than you enough for the ROM.
    I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Comment

Nice, good to know. Thanks
      if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
      then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
      $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Coffee is paid for...thanks for the efforts.
        I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
        Ron White

Comment

Originally posted by Doggyofone View Post
          Coffee is paid for...thanks for the efforts.
          if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

abdul_pt:

Could / would you mind editing a 109k4, or 110k4 firmware to use larger TCP Buffers, but more importantly has the 666 File Permissions needed to run Kodi
            Code:
            /dev/amvideo /dev/amstream*
            /sys/class/video/axis /sys/class/video/screen_mode
            /sys/class/video/disable_video
            /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr
            /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw
            /sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mode
            Yes I know I could try 115k4... And I shall once I'm off, of here. But, I fear that it too won't play nice with my DVB-C -> IPTV Converter in HD.

*EDIT & UPDATE*
            Ok so far I've managed to get into RemiX 115k4, I've found nothing that I've disliked so far... Unlike the last few "updates", this one doesn't seem to hate my DVB-C->IPTV Converter (i.e. Fritz DVB-C Repeater). In fact the only real suggestion I'd offer you was to reflag the

media.amplayer.widevineenable=.... From false to true... So we could use Google Play Movies, and or othersuch Widevine DRM encrypted Applications, such as but I'd think not less then most of the UK Catchup services (i.e. iPlayer).
            Other then this very mild irritation. I honestly need to get you some Beer Money!
            Last edited by Ichijoe; 07-23-2015, 16:39.

Comment

Give me a link to your stock boot.img, i will make a flashable zip with just the boot.img

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                Give me a link to your stock boot.img, i will make a flashable zip with just the boot.img
                Thanks I'll shall do that lattter on today.... (I have to get outta here for a while before then though).

I just wanted to add.. Though RemiX 115k4 has worked far better then say 111, 112, 113 & 114 -- k4... With regards to my DVB-C 2 IPTV Converter... even at 720p. I still wasn't whollx convinced that the amcodec was in fact active in your build.... Lol and, behold my Cable Provider just opened up a new BBC World News HD Channel in FTA. and, as with everything in BBC land it broadcasts in 1080i. And, the softdecoder choked on a big fat one! which was a shame as I was really hoping I could move on slowly by now....

In contrast 109 / 110k4 with the *cough* working?! *cough* amcodec... Did it ever work ever?!... That channel is clearly being accelerated in hardware, totally smooth frames. In your build it was jerk... jerk... jerk.. Especially noticeable in the scroller. I'd like to think I wan't asking for much here. But the Kodi Team have gone on record, as stating that THEY WILL NO LONGER FIX THE 720p ¼ Screen Bug. They claim its a Firmware Bug... And, unlike past versions *cough* Heilx 14.2 *cough* will no longer maintained for Amlogic users.

So my final hope is that installing init.d to "fix" this bug.... hopefully will get Kodi 15 Isengard to behave, and still function with mybox.

**EDIT**
                Ok I'm back now, and, I've up'ed my boot.img File to my Google Drive HERE
                Not that it matters... But for anyone else who'd care it's the boot.img from the 109k4 1G/8G MXIII If you could modify this with init.d, that would really help me...

Or, on that note of helping myself... Would Android Kitchen work on Amlogic Chips? I have used it once before, on some MediaTek Phablets... I seem to be of the understanding that Android Kitchen was only for MediaTek Chips though.
                Last edited by Ichijoe; 07-24-2015, 11:27.

Comment

Was going to do a different thing, but i'm a little short on time now so here's your modified boot.img - http://expirebox.com/download/62bd28...61f26a792.html

Raised TCP, added init.d ( you have to create the folder and set permissions), and chmod some files for XBMC/Kodi.

I don't know witch Android Kitchen you are referring, but MTK images use specific header and so need a non standard mkbootimg. AML images are standard Android images.

Comment

Was going to do a different thing, but i'm a little short on time now so here's your modified boot.img - http://expirebox.com/download/62bd28...61f26a792.html

Raised TCP, added init.d ( you have to create the folder and set permissions), and chmod some files for XBMC/Kodi.

I don't know witch Android Kitchen you are referring, but MTK images use specific header and so need a non standard mkbootimg. AML images are standard Android images.
                    Ok that was the bit I was hung up about... I have only up till now only played with MTK ROMS on that level, 'cause I had to find a fix to the missing MAC Address Bug. Which almost every MTK Device I ever personally saw suffered from. So its great to hear that I can eventually unpack this boot.img File if I needed to and, be able to make those kinds of edits.

I'm hardly 'leet, but, for the simple stuff like this, there or plenty of howtos on XDA-Developers to cover anyone who'd care. But, Amlogic Headers being "normal android" versions, unlike MTK one's was, something I honestly wasn't aware of.

Again you have my thanks!

Comment

I can't get CPU Max to stick min yes even when set on boot on the app that was included in rom.it always goes back to 1200

Comment

Will give this a try in my beelink m7b
                        thanks

Comment

just test it it runs fine but only on my samsung ue h6400 on my lg ld 750 no picture output and i tried different hdmi cables any solution for this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by saor11 View Post
                            I can't get CPU Max to stick min yes even when set on boot on the app that was included in rom.it always goes back to 1200
                            On mine it's on 1908 default, unless when it starts to throttle down.

Comment

Originally posted by aeolous View Post
                              just test it it runs fine but only on my samsung ue h6400 on my lg ld 750 no picture output and i tried different hdmi cables any solution for this problem?
                              Did you tried to change the TV settings ?
                              And maybe before connecting to the LG set display to auto detect on the box, if it weren't.

Comment

Did you tried to change the TV settings ?
                                And maybe before connecting to the LG set display to auto detect on the box, if it weren't.
                                Will do so and see thanks will report back

Comment

Working...
                                X