Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some answers:
    1. Those permissions are applied.
    2. TWRP Manager is not an Official TeamWin product, and even if it was my TWRP is not official
    3. What do you mean ? recovery says ?
    4. Read OP. init.d is included

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Thanks Abdul, your time is appreciated...

First thing I done was update Kodi to the latest in the Play Store (15.2?), I had stuttering and noticed all files were being decoded in software, I installed Universal Init.d and added the permissions lines and I had hardware decoding, so thats why I asked.... I will have another go tonight, I'll remove my patch file & Universal Init.d and see where we go.

Ah I see, that explains that, so no support in the manager, no worries, just wanted to be sure :-)

Sorry my bad, very vague, when I boot into recovery and have a look at the recovery log file I see an entry stating bootloader is unknown, I'll grab a copy of the file and post the entry here....

Well I saw it in the OP, but Universal Init.d may have lead me astray in saying I didnt have the functionality when I started it..... Like I said I'll remove it tonight and see how we go...

Sorry for all the questions, but as I said I had a few problems when flashing and so cant be sure if things are meant to be as they are, or are because of half ar$ed attempt at flashing ! :-)

Comment

Let me know the outcome.
        It's be a while since i release this and now i don't have a way to test things out, but if something is broken or can be improved i'm here to help/do.

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Hi Abdul,

I done some more investigation last night.... I may need some help diagnosing or coming to a conclusion though....

Firstly I uninstalled Universal Init.d and rebooted......

Kodi reverted back to software decoding for all files, suggesting to me that the built in init.d is not working, and the fixes for Kodi are not being applied....

I created the Kodi fix script from within Universal Init.d, so there is the possibility that the permissions for it maybe wrong, other than that I’m at a bit of a loss...

As I said previously, for some reason the first time I tried flashing, on reboot, it stuck at the (yellow) splash screen, after turning off and flashing again it seemed to work, I’m guessing though it wouldn’t boot of there was anything seriously wrong....

I think what I need it some definitive way of saying for sure if init.d is working or not and to try find out why the Kodi permissions are not being applied....

I’m no Linux wizard but am familiar with it at the bash level, I have a Pi, so if there is anything you could suggest I’m quite happy to have a poke about and would be very grateful.....

Comment

Originally posted by Veronica View Post
            abdul, don't know if you also added the following changes if not then add them next time so no more changes in / needs to be done by user.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...rop-etc-tweaks
            Were these changes included in the remix? thx
            Last edited by ganjero; 09-29-2015, 17:42.

Comment

Originally posted by itsmeedoofer View Post
              Hi Abdul,

I done some more investigation last night.... I may need some help diagnosing or coming to a conclusion though....

Firstly I uninstalled Universal Init.d and rebooted......

Kodi reverted back to software decoding for all files, suggesting to me that the built in init.d is not working, and the fixes for Kodi are not being applied....

I created the Kodi fix script from within Universal Init.d, so there is the possibility that the permissions for it maybe wrong, other than that I’m at a bit of a loss...

As I said previously, for some reason the first time I tried flashing, on reboot, it stuck at the (yellow) splash screen, after turning off and flashing again it seemed to work, I’m guessing though it wouldn’t boot of there was anything seriously wrong....

I think what I need it some definitive way of saying for sure if init.d is working or not and to try find out why the Kodi permissions are not being applied....

I’m no Linux wizard but am familiar with it at the bash level, I have a Pi, so if there is anything you could suggest I’m quite happy to have a poke about and would be very grateful.....
              Best way is to make a init.d script to make a simple text file.
              EX:
              Code:
              #!/system/bin/sh

busybox touch /data/local/test_initd
              Don't forget permissions
              Code:
              chown 0:0
              chmod 755
              Then reboot. If init.d is working a file named "test_initd" should be present in "/data/local"

Comment

Originally posted by ganjero View Post

Were these changes included in the remix? thx
                I believe so. Have to check boot.img

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post

Best way is to make a init.d script to make a simple text file.
                  EX:
                  Code:
                  #!/system/bin/sh

busybox touch /data/local/test_initd
                  Don't forget permissions
                  Code:
                  chown 0:0
                  chmod 755
                  Then reboot. If init.d is working a file named "test_initd" should be present in "/data/local"

Thanks, will try that tonight when I get home, keep you posted..

Any ideas as to why the Kodi permissions dont seem to be working ?

Comment

Hi,

Just been poking about to see if I can see whats up with the Kodi permissions......

I think I’ve found where they are set, init.amlogic.rc

Having a look through this I’ve seen some discrepancies to what was stated in the “Fix” thread, specifically post number 2 as this works for me.
                    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...432#post525432

Some entries are listed several times with various permissions:-

chown media system /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr
                    chmod 0666 /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr
                    chmod 666 /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr

chown media system /sys/class/video/screen_mode
                    chmod 0666 /sys/class/video/screen_mode
                    chmod 666 /sys/class/video/screen_mode

chown media system /sys/class/video/axis
                    chmod 0666 /sys/class/video/axis
                    chmod 664 /sys/class/video/axis <- 664 against 666, this may be what is stopping the fix from working ?

There are more but I wont list them here as they are easy to fine....

I will try removing everything bar the /sys/class/video/axis entry from my init.d file and see if that still works, if so it may be just that that needs modding ?

Having found this I think init.d may actually be working, but I will also check with the method you described....

What do you think Abdul?

EDIT:-

chmod 664 /sys/class/video/axis <- This needs to be changed to 666 for Kodi to work properly, manually just changing this in a terminal window fixes kodi.

Last edited by itsmeedoofer; 09-30-2015, 18:36. Reason: Added info on findings

Comment

I did a sloppy job

Good to know that you fix your problem, and helped everybody by posting the solution.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                        I did a sloppy job

Good to know that you fix your problem, and helped everybody by posting the solution.
                        I think we can let you off that small one ;-)

It’s been 5 or 6 years since I messed about with anything Andriod, a lot has changed since then, so I’m on a STEEP learning curve !

Although I cant say 100% for sure, the evidence points to init.d not working here, I’ve not tried your test above, after messing about I realized I need to mount the volume as RW, that it tonight’s exercise....

Assuming init.d is not working are there any steps I could go though to try and find out why ?

Also are there any chances or you re-releasing this with a fix, I only ask because if not I may have a look into how to properly extract and then repackage, I’m nervous of this because I only have the one android box and if I break it the girlfriend will make my life a misery lol.

Regards,

Comment

I currently don't have a device to test, so i'm not keen to work on something i can't test.
                          Mounting system is easy
                          Code:
                          su
                          busybox mount -o rw,remount /system
                          Pretty sure it's working, but the call is also made on boot.img.

Comment

Hi,

I totally understand that, thats why I asked the question

You are right init.d is working correctly, I didn’t have the correct permissions on the file I created, sorted those and everything works fine, DOH !

Not really worth re-releasing just for one line, especially when there is an easy work around

Thanks again for all your help, Abdul, is really appreciated...

Comment

Hi,
                              I had flash this rom to my i826, it work very good with Ethernet but no wifi. Thank a lot Abdul

Comment

Abdul, very solid ROM.

I have it on one of my MXIII-G 2G/8G S812 boxes. WIFI is excellent, STRONG signal strength and one of the fastest I've tested. Hardware acceleration works in KODI and currently watching the KODI version of NFL Gamepass at max quality 4500kbs and looks crystal clear smooth...

I'm also testing OpenELEC and I cant see any benefit over your ROM. Both work well in KODI 15.2RC3

Frank
                                Last edited by MinixCrazy; 10-04-2015, 20:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X