Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helped needed with unbricking an MXIII-4k box

Hello all,

I have recently purchased an MXIII-4k TV box from Amazon, which is a 2G/8G model with AP6330. It came with firmware of KOT49H.20160220, and I was trying to find a firmware that can be installed on this. Unfortunately, the only firmware working so far is K200c-ota-20151211.zip, and I tried to flash Remix-115k4 by abdul onto this device and it get bricked. (by using TWRP_MXIII_3.1 to flash the zip).

I opened the box and on the PCB board it says "M82_V4_CD 2015/09/09" with Wifi chipset AP6330.

I have tried various (>10) USB flashable images to unbrick it (Windows can still recognize the device using USB Burning Tool), most of them can't get past 2% due to DDR errors "[0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error" (from what I understand this indicates a wrong firmware and DDR speed don't match) , some ones for M8s can get past 2%, but failed at 3% with error "[0x10205004]Romcode/Lead UBOOT/Check decompress/Error result", which I suppose an incompatible UBOOT was loaded?

I wonder, if anyone has this board and have an USB image can share, or alternatively, anyone knows how to convert the OTA zip to IMG so I can flash it onto the device. Plus, I'm not quite sure if this device is a S802 or S812, for it doesn't have gigabit ethernet (at least not on the box) and build.prop indicates that it is a K200C device. However, also in the build.prof, the OTA url is http://198.11.176.47:9090/otaupdate_n200_S812/update, which suggests it is an S812.

Any help is much appreciated.

Update: Tried bootcardmaker method and now TV gets signal, however still nothing shows on the screen.

Comment

Hi raidenii,

here is a firmware you should be able to flash with usb burning tool: http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...ii-tv-box.html and here is a good how to flash with usb burning tool: http://androidpcreview.com/how-to-us...firmware/3749/.

PS: I have the same box and also thought that it could be a S812 but it's not. The funny thing is that it is almost powerful as the MXIII-G box. It only has a 10/100 Mbit ethernet chip and the rest is almost identical. I even can watch H.265 (not 10 bit) stuff in hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by drieschel View Post
        Hi raidenii,

here is a firmware you should be able to flash with usb burning tool: http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...ii-tv-box.html and here is a good how to flash with usb burning tool: http://androidpcreview.com/how-to-us...firmware/3749/.

PS: I have the same box and also thought that it could be a S812 but it's not. The funny thing is that it is almost powerful as the MXIII-G box. It only has a 10/100 Mbit ethernet chip and the rest is almost identical. I even can watch H.265 (not 10 bit) stuff in hardware.
        Thanks for the info, unfortunately I tried this image and usb burning tool still failed at 2%.

Comment

Originally posted by raidenii View Post

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I tried this image and usb burning tool still failed at 2%.
          That's bad! Did you try flashing an update.zip version through the android system recovery tool? If yes, what errors are shown?

Comment

That's bad! Did you try flashing an update.zip version through the android system recovery tool? If yes, what errors are shown?
            That's not even possible. The device turns on, but no signal was sent to the TV. I tried to build Bootable SD card, however it doesn't flash (waited for 30min after power on and reboot, still nothing shows up).

Comment

Try to turn it on while using the toothpic but don't plug an usb stick or sdcard in.

Comment

Try to turn it on while using the toothpic but don't plug an usb stick or sdcard in.
                Same thing, nothing shows up.

Comment

Damn! There is probably not that much you can try. With maybe flashing a wrong firmware and opening the case your warranty is probably not valid anymore. But you could still try it.

Comment

I don't understand. I have also purchased a MXIII-4k TV Box from Amazon and from there I read it's an AMLogic S802.
                    I'd like to upgrade it with a custom ROM or install OpenElec. I thought it's like a MXIII, so I was reading how to flash with MXIII, but I found this thread.

So, is it possible to flash our TV box like MXIII or maybe you didn't flash it properly?

Comment

Originally posted by Raming View Post
                      I don't understand. I have also purchased a MXIII-4k TV Box from Amazon and from there I read it's an AMLogic S802.
                      I'd like to upgrade it with a custom ROM or install OpenElec. I thought it's like a MXIII, so I was reading how to flash with MXIII, but I found this thread.

So, is it possible to flash our TV box like MXIII or maybe you didn't flash it properly?
                      Sure you can flash other firmwares. raidenii probably didn't have luck with his box. You can flash my LibreELEC build for S82 devices for example. It's almost identical to the MXIII S802 box. Check this thread: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-47...4.html#pid3584 - but don't take the LE8 alpha version, use LE 7.0.2-2-devel.

Comment

Did you managed to recover it?? I have exactly the same box and with the same problem...

Comment

Working...
                        X