Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mbox S82B Bricked

Guys,

I've read tons of stuff on here and tried all sorts to no avail. The problem I have is this. I have an Mbox S82B. I tried flashing the firmware with USB Burning Tool 2.0.7. I get an error at 5% and it stops. The red light is permanently on (no blue). If I try a reset (power button and reset Button) the screen stays blank, no android no nothing. I've tried updating firmware with a 2GB SD card. The screen gets a signal (brief flash of lines then goes blank again) but nothing else. Is this recoverable or a brick? Any talk through's or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Appers

What is the error that USB Burn Tool gives you?? We need al little more info on this before we can provide help.
    **SkystreamX4 (S802)....M8S (S812)....Mini M8S (S905)....Nexbox A95x (S905x)

Comment

Sorry Guys, partial copy of the log file:

[16:54:05 350][HUB5-2][Inf]-------------Download meson.dtb-----------
      [16:54:05 351][HUB5-2][Err]--IOCTL_IDENTIFY_HOST_Handler ret=-5 error_msg=libusb0-dll:err [control_msg] sending control message failed, win error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

[16:54:05 351][HUB5-2][Inf]--Failure : 1, FailureMax : 3
      [16:54:05 851][HUB5-2][Err]--[16:54:05 851][HUB5-2][Inf]--Failure : 2, FailureMax : 3
      [16:54:06 352][HUB5-2][Err]--[16:54:06 352][HUB5-2][Inf]--Failure : 3, FailureMax : 3
      [16:54:06 377][HUB5-2][Err]--[0x30401002]UBOOT/Partition meson/Identify/USB Control setup error
      [16:54:06 378][HUB5-2][Inf]--Close device handle 0x000001f4

Comment

Looks like the USB drivers may not be setup correctly. I think there is a newer version of USB Burn Tool out 2.0.8 (google it). My suggestion would be to find the newest version. Uninstall the current version you have. Then, before installing the new version, plug the usb cord into the pc and into the android box. Then run the USB Burn install. See if that helps.
        **SkystreamX4 (S802)....M8S (S812)....Mini M8S (S905)....Nexbox A95x (S905x)

Comment

uninstall usb burning tool and install this https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9y3e0xge4...2.0.8.exe?dl=0
          its usb burning tool v 2.0.8
          Try to burn img rom with this version

Comment

if you have problem again try to install moborobo from http://www.moborobo.com/ .The software will install the driver

Comment

Have installed USB Burner Tool 2.0.8 - same error at 5%. Have also installed moborobo and tried again. Same result, error at 5%. Ran both as administrator. Image is S82_115k4.img from w2comp.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

do you have trayed to flash rom with usb burning 2.0.0.
                Uninstall usb burning 2.0.8 and install this

Comment

try the usb burning rom 2.0.0 and try another usb port on pc.

Comment

That was my initial failure 2.0.2. Just tried it again on ports 1 and 2 but it only gets to 4% then throws an error:

[14:12:22 625][HUB5-1][Inf]--Failure : 1, FailureMax : 3
                    [14:12:23 125][HUB5-1][Err]--[14:12:23 125][HUB5-1][Inf]--Failure : 2, FailureMax : 3
                    [14:12:23 625][HUB5-1][Err]--[14:12:23 625][HUB5-1][Inf]--Failure : 3, FailureMax : 3
                    [14:12:23 641][HUB5-1][Err]--[0x32030301]USB error occur when send identify command at Uboot disk_initial
                    [14:12:23 641][HUB5-1][Inf]--Close device handle 0x000001a4

Comment

try again sd card method
                      1-Download zip http://www.mobilewiser.com/firmwares...OMP-SDcard.zip Extract Password: w2comp.com
                      2-Try with sd card 4 GB formated with fat32 format

Use toothpick method.

If you see black screen than try put only recovery.img and uboot.bin on sd card and try again toothpick method.I think that you shut be able to boot to recovery than you can flash finless rom from this link
                      http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/s82_...ess19_pack.zip

Comment

Still a brick. Tried with the SD Card (but 2GB) - black screen with an occasional flicker. There is no u-boot.bin with the firmware or finless pack, only with bootcardmaker. Have tried it with that u-boot.bin also, no luck. I am fearing the worse at this point but I appreciate your help.

Comment

Just tried USB Burning Tool 2.0.8 again. When I use the toothpick method and the OTG port, the red light comes on and USB Burning Tool reports "device connected". It then gets stuck at 5%. If I then start again and just press the power button, the red light again comes on but it still reports "Device Connected". It again gets stuck at 5%. How then do I know if the device is in recovery mode or not.?

Comment

I have a question
                            When you use toothpick method do you see blue light on the box or you see red light ?.If you see blue light than the u-boot is ok but recovery.img file is not

If you see blue light than you must use another recovery.img

Download this recovery and rename to recovery,img and put to sd card http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml/TWRP_M8.img
                            Try the toothpick method and see if the box boot to recovery.

Comment

No blue light. Just a red one.

Comment

Working...
                              X