M8 TV Box Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8 TV Box Firmware

Does anyone know if later versions of Android can be installed on the M8 tv box, Kodi version 17 now requires Android 5.0 Lollipop to run and my box is using 4.4 kitkat.

So my question is, is there a ROM that will run lollipop or higher on the M8?

That is my box opened up, currently running kot49h.20150623 test-keys, I was actually looking for a guide on how to back up my ROM when I discovered this forum.

Hello,
    Same question.

Comment

I have the same question: I downloaded the 2016 firmware upgrade from http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....at-442_17.html, but I'm failing to see the point of keeping the same version of Android when the "Google Suite" (Play Store, YouTube, etc) seem to be primed for later versions. And don't get me started on Kodi 17... Please, please, please tell me there's light at the end of the tunnel for us!!!

Comment

if your box is s802 which i think the m8 is then there is a possibility of flashing a 5.1.1 rom on it, the rom was made for the s812 boxes

there is information in the forums here

but it is very risky i managed to get a 5.1.1 rom on my nexteon v4 mxiii box 2gb ram 8gb rom but it wasn't a rooted rom and trying kingoroot and kingroot has failed to root it

the box is a bit flakey aswell it resets at times and kodi crashes at times aswell but it does run kodi 17

if your techy capable and dont mind taking the chance of ruining the box then go for it, if you get lost doing the flashing maybe better just getting a another more upto date box

Comment

Hi @JackyM!

Sorry it took me TWO YEARS to reply; I've had various technical ups & downs to deal with (crappy laptops, tablets, other priorities...)

Anyway... thanks ever so much for your advice. In the end, I went with this guy: youtu.be/G7Wm8pB9iCw.

Peace 'n' Love!
          Last edited by f00768500; 11-03-2020, 20:48. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
          X