Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using M8/XBMC in cimbination with Logitech Harmony One, and how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using M8/XBMC in cimbination with Logitech Harmony One, and how?

The title says it all: anyone succeededusing the harmony one remote? How?

Yes I use Harmony without any problem but have to teach the keypresses one by one...

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
      Yes I use Harmony without any problem but have to teach the keypresses one by one...
      Right so you are limited to the original remote functions only.....?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcellenz View Post
        Right so you are limited to the original remote functions only.....?
        If you have older M6 box remote you have extra function buttons

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
          If you have older M6 box remote you have extra function buttons

But does that work ok?
          Anyone else?

When configurioing I tried saying it was media PC, brand Matricom, type Midnight MX2 but no luck

Comment

Originally posted by Marcellenz View Post
            But does that work ok?
            Anyone else?

When configurioing I tried saying it was media PC, brand Matricom, type Midnight MX2 but no luck
            you got the have the Original MX Remote and Teach every Key to the Harmony ...

Comment

I figured it out!

i bought a FLIRC ( no association whatsoever with the company), a usb dongle that can mimick keybord presses, and remote control commands of your Harmony can easily be linked and stored on the stick ( so it is cross platform).

First i installed a new apparatus as mulimedia pc (htpc) microsoft media center computer.
              That way the remote is sending out MCE codes, which i can link to key presses.

then i linked all relevant keyboard commands to the logitech harmony one in my case, had some issues on Win7 but software is ok on win 8.1 64.

everything learned the config is on the stick, which I attach with an usb extender cable to the M8

m8 seems to generate ir commamds itself so i shielded the sides of the dongle with tape leaving the sensors free. With the extender cable the usb lies out of reach of any ir interference.

works like a charm!

cheers!

Marcel

Comment

Working...
              X