Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying XBMC help

Hello,

I apologize if this is the wrong forum to ask. I just see so many smart people here.
    I was able to install Finless 1.8b and added data/apps to the rom to install xbmc. Everything works fine, but I wanted to modify the apk to have the apps I wanted and preconfigured skin. What I did so far was use apktool to extract files and then copied over the userdata and addons from a backup of xbmc into the assets folder of the extracted apk.

After repacking, signing, and installing, the apps showed up but I was getting script errors and the skin and settings did not apply.

What can I do to inject apps and settings to xbmc?

Thanks,
    Ace

XBMC is picky. After you sign it you must zip align it! That will stop the script errors.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

XUnityTalk Set UP

Originally posted by gooseblues View Post
      Hello,

I apologize if this is the wrong forum to ask. I just see so many smart people here.
      I was able to install Finless 1.8b and added data/apps to the rom to install xbmc. Everything works fine, but I wanted to modify the apk to have the apps I wanted and preconfigured skin. What I did so far was use apktool to extract files and then copied over the userdata and addons from a backup of xbmc into the assets folder of the extracted apk.

After repacking, signing, and installing, the apps showed up but I was getting script errors and the skin and settings did not apply.

What can I do to inject apps and settings to xbmc?

Thanks,
      Ace

Go to Xunitytalk Forum and read every thing about their set up.

You will need to study all but their addon Repo is the best for UK TV.

Or try XBMCHub Forum for USA viewing.

Comment

Jeff, Im in the US but your resource is helpful. I have some reading to do. Thank you.
        Bob, first of all, thanks for the rom. I've not thought about aligning the app at all. I will try it and thanks for the tip.

Comment

Jeff, Im in the US but your resource is helpful. I have some reading to do. Thank you.
          Bob, first of all, thanks for the rom. I've not thought about aligning the app at all. I will try it and thanks for the tip.
          Trust me, once you zip align the APK (after signing) you will no longer get script errors after installing the repacked APK. Ask me how I know and figured this out!

Bob

Comment

Also consder using the Oman XBMC 4K Gotham 13.1 with the Advanced Acceleration Settings as mentioned in the Forum. This has to be done in the Confluence Skin.

Comment

OMG. zip aligning totally got rid of the script errors. Now I have to read a few more things to get my settings applied. Thanks again. I may have some more questions about this that I hope you guys will still answers.

Comment

OMG. zip aligning totally got rid of the script errors. Now I have to read a few more things to get my settings applied. Thanks again. I may have some more questions about this that I hope you guys will still answers.
                Nope, you only get one question per month

Kidding....

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  Nope, you only get one question per month

Kidding....

Bob

2 questions if you donate to him

JustMe
                  Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

If I have to donate to Bob, I will. So he did help stop the script errors. After a lot of reading, it is seems that it is not possible to configure xbmc and just copy the userdata folder to assets/userdata. I see that I can have some settings done through the settings.xml. how are you guys doing it?
                    Id like to have a preconfigured xbmc injected into the rom so I dont have to copy files after the install, restore, or manually config it. The guisettings.xml has some skin settings i like to be applied. Sources.xml and the user db itself would help too. Might just be me being lazy.

Comment

Working...
                    X