This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
    ok I have solution which works I will re upload 109k4 with updated files. been testing the method and it works great.

Probably won't have this up for at least 2.5hrs
    Yes, need this!! The rom is working great otherwise. PS3 controller works perfect when plugged in. Everything seems to be running smoothly. Ethernet is working great!

Edit: Wait, so no Bluetooth?? I can't find any bluetooth options at all.
    Last edited by walrusone; 10-16-2014, 17:35.

Comment

Has anybody tried the new update 109k4, on M8? I want to test as well, using finless 1.8 at the moment..any feedbacks, any issues thank you, @justme

Comment

Originally posted by warlock09 View Post
        Has anybody tried the new update 109k4, on M8? I want to test as well, using finless 1.8 at the moment..any feedbacks, any issues thank you, @justme
        Absolutely amazing.

i thought I'd stepped away from Android once I'd gone to Stanes Linux build. I genuinely thought I'd not use Android again. this is by far the most superior ROM i have had the pleasure in using. It's fast, XBMC is flawless, PS3 controller just works (wired) and suspends and wakes in seconds

I really am over the moon with this build.

i had read all the comments over the past week about not giving credit and stealing others work without acknowledging them. all I can say is rubbish. This ROM is superb and has undoubtedly saved my android box and will now keep android on it.

Just me, please don't take notice of any of the nay-sayers and if you keep on tweaking and playing like this with other ROMS in the future then my M8 has a long shelf life ahead of it. If this is truly only a hobby for you then keep up the good work son, you've got my backing 100%. It's just a shame the nay-Sayers haven't tried this ROM because then they might appreciate what a good one it is.

I hope you keep going Just Me and maybe one day I could learn some tricks from you.

bravo sir and good luck for the future +1000000

Comment

Just me, please don't take notice of any of the nay-sayers and if you keep on tweaking and playing like this with other ROMS in the future then my M8 has a long shelf life ahead of it.
          +1

Comment

remrod and Zahir,

do either of you have working bluetooth? besides the issue with the power button, which JustMe said he has a fix for, that's the only thing that's not working on my M8N box.

Comment

Originally posted by walrusone View Post
              remrod and Zahir,

do either of you have working bluetooth? besides the issue with the power button, which JustMe said he has a fix for, that's the only thing that's not working on my M8N box.

I'm on JM's beta rom (Stane's kernel). I don't use Bluetooth. However, it turns on from Settings and detects my Samsung 65" Smart TV, asking for a pair. I don't have any other BT devices, so treat this as a "maybe"...

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                I'm on JM's beta rom (Stane's kernel). I don't use Bluetooth. However, it turns on from Settings and detects my Samsung 65" Smart TV, asking for a pair. I don't have any other BT devices, so treat this as a "maybe"...
                Yeah, I'm using his latest rom. Omans kernal. No bluetooth, but everything else is working great. The one other issue is that the power button turns it off instead of putting it to sleep, so you have to reconnect the AC adapter to reboot everytime you turn it off. I may try the one with Stane's kernel, does it have good ethernet speeds? That was the problem I had with his first release from the M8N build.

Comment

Thank you.

Thank you again JustMe!

I however continue to experience poor wifi.

Only getting about 3 of 50mbps again. I am not far from router so its not like I am trying to get wifi on opposite side of the house.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                    Thank you again JustMe!

Only getting about 3 of 50mbps again. I am not far from router so its not like I am trying to get wifi on opposite side of the house.
                    My wifi is working perfect. I get max speed on the opposite side of my house (over 40 feet). If you are close to your router, you may want to try Ethernet.

Comment

Yeah, I'm using his latest rom. Omans kernal. No bluetooth, but everything else is working great. The one other issue is that the power button turns it off instead of putting it to sleep, so you have to reconnect the AC adapter to reboot everytime you turn it off. I may try the one with Stane's kernel, does it have good ethernet speeds? That was the problem I had with his first release from the M8N build.

Just doing final testing before i upload rom fix

Thank you again JustMe!

hmm what router also 2.4ghz/5ghz have you rtried tmz suggestion put router furthur away or even closer or even change channels on router that channel maybe congested?
                      Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

My wifi is working perfect. I get max speed on the opposite side of my house (over 40 feet). If you are close to your router, you may want to try Ethernet.
                        I am currently close to router just for testing but the box will end somewhere else where ethernet is not possible. That is why is frustrating for me.

Can you tell me what are your router settings?

Mine are:

WPAWPA2-TKIP/AES
                        protocol: G,N
                        channel: automatic

2.4ghz

I have tried other settings with no luck but wonder what you have so I can try to match.

Thanks.
                        borikua
                        Last edited by borikua; 10-17-2014, 01:12. Reason: 2.4ghz

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                          Just doing final testing before i upload rom fix
                          Is the fix just for the power button, or for the bluetooth as well? Bluetooth really would just be a nice to have, the power button means more to me!! Don't like having to get up and unplug the darn thing.

Comment

I am currently close to router just for testing but the box will end somewhere else where ethernet is not possible. That is why is frustrating for me.

Mine are:

WPAWPA2-TKIP/AES

2.4ghz

I have tried other settings with no luck but wonder what you have so I can try to match.

Thanks.
                            borikua
                            borikua, i will pm you something later to try priority is to fix power bug

Is the fix just for the power button, or for the bluetooth as well? Bluetooth really would just be a nice to have, the power button means more to me!! Don't like having to get up and unplug the darn thing.
                            Walrusone this is for the power bug , bluetooth i will test later

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

Mine are:

WPAWPA2-TKIP/AES

2.4ghz

Thanks.
                              borikua
                              I've tested both 2.4ghz and 5ghz and they both worked perfectly.

protocol: B/G/N
                              Channels: Auto for 2.4ghz 153 for 5ghz

WPA2-PSK[AES]

One thing I will mention, is it possible for you to test the box on someone else's network (neightbour or friend). That way you can determine if it is the box or your router causing the problem. Routers can be pretty picky sometimes, especially if you are using your internet providers modem/router. I use a Nighthawk AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi Router because I have so many devices and do quite a bit of online gaming.

One other thing I will mention. I had a shitty router from Rogers one time and to get the best wifi speeds I had to play with the settings and force the router to use only N protocol. However if you have devices that don't/can't use N protocol, it really isn't practical.

Comment

also too if it consistent with all firmware

- router
                                - channel
                                - poor wifi solder job on internal andriod box

JustMe

Comment

Working...
                                X