X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan96815 View Post
    So you don't need wake me scottie?
    1.5, 1.6, and 1.6B don't require wakme scotie.

Comment

Originally posted by userofthenet View Post
      1.5, 1.6, and 1.6B don't require wakme scotie.
      I wonder if there will be a c,d,e,f versions of 1.6 before a general release is out lol?
      M8N Quad Core Android 4.4
      JustMe v1.5 ported v2

Comment

The best ROM

Thank you Justme. This is the best ROM (1.6b) for my EM8. SD card write works great. the box wake up from sleep without any issue. I am not sure why wakeme scottie app is there though. Very smoth all around. I get my max internet speed (50M) when connected hardwired. The wifi speed is a lot slower at 10M but I am not using wifi. I find that it was causing 1.5 and 1.6 to freeze and reboot while hardwired was ok. I didn't try just wifi on 1.6b as I don't use wifi. I had to extract some apps from 1.5 to install on this RoM to make it complete. I am using KODI HELIX and it works well. Now I just need to find out how to make the box boot directly to Helix instead of Gotham. Warning!!! if you want to test Helix, make sure you install another launcher FIRST or you'll end up with a blank screen. For those that like Metro launcher from 1.5. you can extract it from there with an APK extractor such as APPBACKUP AND RESTORE. Also, if you are using Helix from the official site, make sure to change the hardware acceleration to LIBSTAGEFRIGHT only or you'll get audio only when playing videos. Great ROM.

Comment

Does anybody else ever get the problem where the controls just go mad and start moving by themselves really quickly and you need to reset to fix it. Now sure if its my remote or the firmware

Comment

Do you have a gamepad? If you do have a gamepad can you see if it works for you? Everything except gamepad support seems to work on 1.6b for me.

Thank you Justme. This is the best ROM (1.6b) for my EM8. SD card write works great. the box wake up from sleep without any issue. I am not sure why wakeme scottie app is there though. Very smoth all around. I get my max internet speed (50M) when connected hardwired. The wifi speed is a lot slower at 10M but I am not using wifi. I find that it was causing 1.5 and 1.6 to freeze and reboot while hardwired was ok. I didn't try just wifi on 1.6b as I don't use wifi. I had to extract some apps from 1.5 to install on this RoM to make it complete. I am using KODI HELIX and it works well. Now I just need to find out how to make the box boot directly to Helix instead of Gotham. Warning!!! if you want to test Helix, make sure you install another launcher FIRST or you'll end up with a blank screen. For those that like Metro launcher from 1.5. you can extract it from there with an APK extractor such as APPBACKUP AND RESTORE. Also, if you are using Helix from the official site, make sure to change the hardware acceleration to LIBSTAGEFRIGHT only or you'll get audio only when playing videos. Great ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by gsaylor27 View Post
              Do you have a gamepad? If you do have a gamepad can you see if it works for you? Everything except gamepad support seems to work on 1.6b for me.
              Sorry I don't have any game pad.

Comment

Reverting from 1.6B to 1.6?

Sorry to say this for me personally, 1.6B created MORE issues than 1.6! constant Boot-Loops and Black screens of Death than I count and its not a matter of patience I have time to burn I spent a whole day testing exhaustively the build I received was dated 27/12/2014 is that the correct one JustMe? I'm waiting until futher debugging has been done but I'm more than happy to soldier on and keep testing new revisions until we can get it Spot-On! Thanks for sharing your work JustMe

Comment

I noticed when the box goes to sleep the network light stay on, on other roms they go off. Is that normal? it won't damage the box leaving them on?

Thanks

Comment

Sorry I don't have any game pad.
                    No problem and thanks very much for the reply. I'm glad everything is working out great for your box.

Comment

Originally posted by f0ck3r View Post
                      Hi JustME,

I love your rom but usb keyboards don't work for me and I need them to. Will this be available in 1.6?
                      Keyboards work tested with dell usb

Hi I am using 1.6b anyone know how to turn it off of put the box to sleep?
                      Short press power unit off and on , long press reboots box

Originally posted by gsaylor27 View Post
                      Are gamepads working for anyone on 1.6b?
                      Tested on ps3 controller only and works hardwired

So you don't need wake me scottie?
                      No forgot to take it out as originally the unit required wakemeup scottie now it doesn't

Originally posted by elgrego View Post
                      I wonder if there will be a c,d,e,f versions of 1.6 before a general release is out lol?
                      Instead of winging and posting smart arse remarks, how about being constructive by posting some logs. and maybe we can skip c,d,e to get to the final release.
                      Rome was not built in day.

I noticed when the box goes to sleep the network light stay on, on other roms they go off. Is that normal? it won't damage the box leaving them on?

Thanks
                      No this will not harm your box
                      Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

I tested with a Logitech F310 and it's a no go for me. I updated busybox before I tested I think because busybox was throwing up some errors. Would updating my busybox stop my gamepad from working JustMe? If it's possible that busybox caused the error than I will go ahead and reinstall 1.6b and test again. Thanks very much for your hard work.

Comment

Thanks
                          for me it doesn't stay on forever. Eventually it turns off after about 30 sec.

Comment

JustMe I was only joking, didn't mean to upset anyone
                            M8N Quad Core Android 4.4
                            JustMe v1.5 ported v2

Comment

I've had an OTT m8 for a couple of months and just found this forum ☺ . Must need to read through 39 pages and I'll try my 1st ever custom rom.

Just reading 1st page it looks like 1.6 should be out later? If it goes well I'll be donating.

Will I need anything other than an sd card? Can I just use the remote or will I need a mouse or keyboard?

Cheers

Comment

You don't need a mouse and keyboard but it helps a bunch. I use this keyboard/mouse combo:

Originally posted by rs1800 View Post
                                I've had an OTT m8 for a couple of months and just found this forum ☺ . Must need to read through 39 pages and I'll try my 1st ever custom rom.

Just reading 1st page it looks like 1.6 should be out later? If it goes well I'll be donating.

Will I need anything other than an sd card? Can I just use the remote or will I need a mouse or keyboard?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X