Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

give this shot update from the ota as zip of the sdcard let me know if it address the wifi issues

Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

one of the best ROM'S

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
      I need 2 people outside of US to test new rom to see if there speeds are up to scratch.
      I am from Canada and don't have issues with ethernet speed. It is as good as life force.
      down: 78M
      up: 10M
      wifi
      down: 14M
      I did notice more bars on the wifi with this ROM. although it is using the same kurnel as Stane it doesn't have the wake up issue. For the person who complained about the mouse lag I suggest adjusting the pointer speed in android setting as the default setting was less than half. After adjusting that I didn't have any issue. My only issues with this rom is that I have to press the power twice to get it into stndby mode. Also the speedtest.net app won't load when the setting to allow apps to control orientation is on. I can live with these minor bugs since the rest is perfect. My box is eny em8 V.92.
      thank you justme for this solid rom and thx to the rest of the developers who continue to support this box.

Comment

Originally posted by userofthenet View Post
        I am from Canada and don't have issues with ethernet speed. It is as good as life force.
        wifi
        I did notice more bars on the wifi with this ROM. although it is using the same kurnel as Stane it doesn't have the wake up issue. For the person who complained about the mouse lag I suggest adjusting the pointer speed in android setting as the default setting was less than half. After adjusting that I didn't have any issue. My only issues with this rom is that I have to press the power twice to get it into stndby mode. Also the speedtest.net app won't load when the setting to allow apps to control orientation is on. I can live with these minor bugs since the rest is perfect. My box is eny em8 V.92.

ok strange i only have to press it once to get it into standby mode and once to wake it up although you have to be quick tap as it really responsive

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

wifi
          thank you justme for this solid rom and thx to the rest of the developers who continue to support this box.
          No no still have problem with keyboard (touch and air mouse)need some conf ?im fell like keyboard reciver lose power or something like that,in 2.0 or 1.9finles for s82,s89,m8 and 109k4 vega rom all keyboards and air mouse keybords works nice i hope he will put some conf

Comment

ok strange i only have to press it once to get it into standby mode and once to wake it up although you have to be quick tap as it really responsive
            If leaving the box on for long or in standby for long it does work properly. So it might have something to do with the box not loading all the drivers at the beginning. Not a big deal for me anyway so no need to waste time on that.

Comment

If leaving the box on for long or in standby for long it does work properly. So it might have something to do with the box not loading all the drivers at the beginning. Not a big deal for me anyway so no need to waste time on that.

sorry if misunderstand you, are you experiencing wake up issues? , you shouldn't even after 30 minutes of standby

sorry if i have misread the post

JustMe

Comment

sorry if misunderstand you, are you experiencing wake up issues? , you shouldn't even after 30 minutes of standby

sorry if i have misread the post
                I am the one confusing you sorry. The wake up is ok. It is the putting the box into standby that is the issue. That issue disappear after a while.

Comment

give this shot update from the ota as zip of the sdcard let me know if it address the wifi issues

http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/79012597/file.html

Unfortunately wifi Mbps went down a few. from about 6mbps to 3-4Mbps on a 50Mbps service

thanks.
                  borikua

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                    Unfortunately wifi Mbps went down a few. from about 6mbps to 3-4Mbps on a 50Mbps service

thanks.
                    borikua

JustMe

Comment

just me, bluetooth is equal ....
                      Whenever I turn on the box, I have to turn off and on the bluetooth
                      for mouse work ....
                      is there any way to solve this?
                      By the way, you can put the launcher, the first version?
                      because this yellow .......

and thank you for this fabulous rom ......

Comment

I am trying to get flash to work using dolphin browser. Every time i start dolphin browser the screen goes black. Does i work for you?
                        /Magnus

Comment

Originally posted by Mheel View Post
                          I am trying to get flash to work using dolphin browser. Every time i start dolphin browser the screen goes black. Does i work for you?
                          /Magnus

I do not use the dolphin browser, I use chrome and it works
                          no nothing like that happens to me .....

Comment

will update soon after testing with new browser etc before upload its day process thing were not all on super uploads

possible Wednesday if finless has chance

JustMe

Comment

will update soon after testing with new browser etc before upload its day process thing were not all on super uploads

possible Wednesday if finless has chance
                              Good to see finally admitted after a while and unanswered questions that this ROM is basically Stane's.

I would say since this is basically a minor tweaked version of Stane's old (a month and a half ago) m8n ROM, it's a waste of time. Because Stane has improved it much more specifically for M8 proper and will release it soon.

Stane is an actually known honest person and his ROMs are well trusted with no backdoors and he's getting the latest fastest drivers and kernels from manufacturers.

I hope people who might have not read other threads now know the actual situation and keep an eye out for the real genuine ROM to be released soon by Stane, it will be safer and faster and latest modules for M8. Keep an eye out reading Stane's Android thread and read it for developments if you haven't, for the real McCoy.

Comment

Frankly apart from Phishing, Trojans and backdoors concerns and the way the actual ROM dev, stane, has been treated and addressed, simply using a minor tweaked ROM from a nickname isn't advisable.

At the most basic level even if not shopping online the mere Play Store account is like giving away credit card details to an unknown person.

In case of any security shortcomings in future, this post serves as a reminder that other members or this forum are not to blame as the situation was laid out beforehand by another member.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X