This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warlock09 View Post
    Is it worth trying this rom or i will stay with finless 1.8? Anybody done a thourough testing..?
    I would stay with finless for now, although I think this rom has potential.

I had this rom and just finished reflashing finless 1.8. I went back because I wanted PS3 controller support and the Ethernet speeds are way better on finless for me.

Comment

Justme plz nex time post change log ,Grate rom ,xbmc superb ,ces control dont work ,mouse is so lagy ,maybe some conf for air mouse and keyboards ,(just like on stane rom) BLack skreen 2min i think about i brick device and i see justme logo uf zamalo cigla launcher is so fast .Bravo

Comment

SPDIF Output

I'm finding switching between HDMI and SPDIF audio output is not automatic - at least not consistently. To use SPDIF, the surest way is to manually change the audio output in settings and reboot. Auto-detection seems temperamental. This adds an extra step every time you send audio to your DAC or receiver via optical out.

Any way to have both HDMI and SPDIF audio at the same time? I seem to recall you can do this with Finless roms.
        Last edited by Zahir; 10-07-2014, 21:59.

Comment

ok will release one that hopefully should fix the mouse issue and wifi.

hopefully sometime today

spdi unfortunately I don't have amp o try I with

Bajann nt sure about back screen for 2min I reflashed the rom over 10 times and ever countered it
          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Ethernet issues

Originally posted by JustMe View Post

hopefully sometime today

Bajann nt sure about back screen for 2min I reflashed the rom over 10 times and ever countered it

Ethernet is the problem I see. I came from the 20140516 rom. It continuously changed the Mac address on each reboot. For XBMC and my Yatse app, that's a disaster.

Wifi is the same speeds as 20140516. 30-35 Mbps
            Ethernet is slower than wifi. 15-19 Mbps

I use it with a HDHomerun Prime. That is working and Mac stays constant.
            Fix the ethernet speed and I'll be back.

Thanks.

Comment

hopefully sometime today

Thank you for your reply and efforts, JM - you have produced a remarkable rom. As for SPDIF, it may be a kernel thing. For me, ideally, optical out would always be ON, whether or not you feed HDMI audio to your TV. Then you could use TV audio for movies and hi-fi audio for music without going into settings to change the output every time. This was a limitation with Stane's rom too.

No big deal - I can set output to SPDIF, and by-pass TV audio altogether. Movies sound great through the hi-fi anyway, just have to turn it on with the TV every time.

Comment

So far after a few hours use movie playback and streaming with xbmc is fine,My box is an original square M8 box from acemax and i am not getting the problems with ethernet speeds that some other users are getting.I use Sky Broadband in UK and pay for up to 38Mbps down speed.I have just run a speed test and got 36.12Mbps down and 7.05Mbps up speed, this is looking like a keeper for me.

Comment

People after flashing the rom do dalvik data wipe to clear out any old cached settings, this can be done in the recovery mode.

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

People after flashing the rom do dalvik data wipe to clear out any old cached settings, this can be done in the recovery mode.
                    How do I enter recovery?

you may have found my issue. I'm getting same ethernet issue with stane and finless roms.

Comment

tooth pick without sd card inserted

JustMe

Comment

tooth pick without sd card inserted
                        I remembered that just after I posted.

Made no difference for me. Maybe it's hardware related.

Comment

OK, can someone explain why this is happening.

Comcast Internet=125+ Mbps

Ethernet connection.
                          Speedtest= 11.48 Mbps
                          Transfer 588MB file PC to M8 = 70 Mbps

Wifi 5GHz
                          Speedtest= 36.74 Mbps
                          Transfer 588 MB file PC to M8= 30 Mbps

However the file failed due to the wifi disconnecting. Wifi is not holding for me on this Rom.

Comment

Originally posted by Icyman View Post
                            OK, can some ne explain why this is happening.

Comcast Internet=125+ Mbps

Ethernet connection.
                            Speedtest= 11.48 Mbps
                            Transfer 588MB file PC to M8 = 70 Mbps

Wifi 5GHz
                            Speedtest= 36.74 Mbps
                            Transfer 588 MB file PC to M8= 30 Mbps

However the file failed due to the wifi disconnecting. Wifi is not holding for me on this Rom.
                            I had the same thing happening, if it gets fixed I would use this room for sure, but I've gone back to finless 1.8 for now. The other thing I'd like to see in this room is PS3 controller support.

Justme, can you possibly link to the stock firmware you use for m8n, I haven't been able to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by walrusone View Post
                              I had the same thing happening, if it gets fixed I would use this room for sure, but I've gone back to finless 1.8 for now. The other thing I'd like to see in this room is PS3 controller support.

Justme, can you possibly link to the stock firmware you use for m8n, I haven't been able to find it.
                              Lol,maybe u use all time rom 1.0 M8N? wifi is ok with this version no drops never

Comment

Originally posted by bajann View Post
                                Lol,maybe u use all time rom 1.0 M8N? wifi is ok with this version no drops never
                                can I ask people who are getting low speeds are you outside of USA and people getting high speeds are you inside of USA or Outside.

sorry to ask

JustMe

Comment

Working...
                                X