OpenElec on EM8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalKettle View Post
    Doesn't work for me I lose the remote completely.

Sorry to hear that It's working perfectly at my end...

Did you backup your original?

I've uploaded the original conf file here, just in case.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Great to read
      I have been trying various programs, another PC.
      No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey, keyboard interactive)

I did get the remote.conf to copy over to /storage/.config
      using xbmc file manager all buttons as expected worked
      Power off brought up power off menu in xbmc etc

Would not switch back on but that's not a big deal at the minute

Getting there

Cheers

Thanks Zahir remote much easy to use than mouse or kyb

Yep. Same here. I thought I'd been in it to look around. Turns out I was looking at my htpc which is also openelec. Maybe JM changed the login details?
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
        Sorry to hear that It's working perfectly at my end...

Did you backup your original?

I've uploaded the original conf file here, just in case.

https://mega.co.nz/#!9J0SFDIZ!xhQyyk...iicWsWp27ZMhcg
        Can you confirm you have the rounded remote?

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

Maybe the trick is to get the remotes working at an xbmc level instead of a linux level.

Comment

"Can you confirm you have the rounded remote?"

I have a pic of my remote in my original post. It looks half-rounded to me...it's the same one that came with the original M8, so I guess it's the "old" remote. As I said -and Trebor seems to confirm - it works pretty well with that config.

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

The pic you posted was my photograph. I'll try it again.

Comment

AddOns

Is anyone successfully using video addons (Icefilms/MashUp/Much Movies etc etc) without script errors every time you click on a link?

I'm concerned that something may be broken with this build of OpenElec. The great majority of addons I've installed from Fusion report these errors.

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

I tried Cliq. That was fine. And also icefilms.
                  Can you post an xbmc log? And I'll look what's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                    Is anyone successfully using video addons (Icefilms/MashUp/Much Movies etc etc) without script errors every time you click on a link?

I'm concerned that something may be broken with this build of OpenElec. The great majority of addons I've installed from Fusion report these errors.
                    I'm using ice films right now

Alls good i'm afraid!!!

Comment

Thank you for those reports. I may reinstall OpenElec to see if that fixes things.

I have used my M8 with several android, as well as two linux builds, and not had any such problem before.

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

If you can post an xbmc log I can see what the problem is.

Comment

If you can post an xbmc log I can see what the problem is.
                          That's very kind. My M8 is currently down for a re-install, but if the problem continues, I'll take you up on that.

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

No problem. I've been using and writing addons for many years at both XBMChub and xunitytalk.

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

Thinking back to the remote config file. I did look at the installed one briefly. But it was "a lot busier" than the original you posted. And didn't have any reference to justme like yours did. Did you download the rom from opening post? Maybe I did it wrong?

Comment

Addons Issue Solved

OK - we're back to where we should be, with a whole clutch of addons from my backup folder now working perfectly. OpenElec is a go! Nothing fundamental broken.

The issue was partly of my own making. I've been running a slightly later version of JM's OpenElec that he was kind enough to share with me for further testing before widening the circle. The addons issue is with this later build ; reverting to the version all of you are running fixed it.

@JM, please note that I've reverted because of this issue

MetalKettle, as you perceptively note, the original remote config file I posted today differs from what came with your version because it comes from this later build. And no, it doesn't work any better.

The remote file that does work is that linked in my original post. That one does everything except wake/power on.

Comment

Working...
                                X