OpenElec on EM8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalKettle View Post
    No. That's a os function. Xbmc can't control that. I left the power side of things alone.
    99 percent is good. I'll stay where I am on my H8M8 board - with fingers crossed for a power management solution such as they found in Pure Linux.

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

This board came from droidsticks a few months ago. I'm not sure of the version as I've never had it open.

Comment

if we can get a compilation of xbmc keymaps i can write an addon which prompts the user to select which one they need after install if JM wants that? XBMC keymaps are easier.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
          Yep been there....just missing a setting I am not familiar with I feel.

Command: open "[email protected]" 22
          Command: Trust new Hostkey: Once
          Command: Pass: ********
          Error: Authentication failed.
          Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Thanks for your time

Just want to throw this out there. Are you enabling ssh in openelec settings. It's usually disabled by default and samba is enabled by default.

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

Originally posted by al8782 View Post
            Just want to throw this out there. Are you enabling ssh in openelec settings. It's usually disabled by default and samba is enabled by default.
            Yes. Tried that as well as creating ssh_enable in config.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalKettle View Post
              Yes. Tried that as well as creating ssh_enable in config.
              Ok good. I use cyberduck to ssh in my Mx2 running Openelec. But what I notice is I have to choose sftp to be able to log in. If I choose ftp it won't let me log in.

I have an M8 I picked up a couple months ago. Its just sitting around collecting dust, I'll give this shot and see how it goes.

Also what rom are you installing this OpenELEC rom over.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                Don't know why it works for me, and not some others. My board is nothing better than an H8M8 V2.0.

Here are the exact steps I followed. NB: all I used was a Logitech USB keyboard plugged in at the outset.

1. Remove SD card (with the rom files on it) Note, these are the files INSIDE JM's download.
                2. Use toothpick to get into stock recovery.
                3. Insert SD card with all JM's files on it.
                4. From recovery menu, perform factory reset.
                5. From recovery menu, wipe cache (yes, again)
                6. Select Install update from Ext, navigate to rom zip and install
                7. When installation is done, do another factory reset from recovery.

Power off and restart.

Are you actually opening up the zip and putting all the files on the root of the sdcard? I tried that and when I go to EXT all I see is meta-inf and system.

I was able to install the this rom with just putting the zip on the sdcard, but go stuck at Openelec

Comment

What we have:

1. Really fast box. No Android build compares. Equal to, if not slightly quicker than Armada Pure Linux. In all functions.
                  2. Superb video playback. Smoothest yet.
                  3. Efficient wired LAN.

What we need:

1. Effective power management scheme via remote.
                  2. HDMI-CEC implemented
                  3. Multiple remote selector

With those three developments, we'd have a giant-killer of a box.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                    Don't know why it works for me, and not some others. My board is nothing better than an H8M8 V2.0.

Here are the exact steps I followed. NB: all I used was a Logitech USB keyboard plugged in at the outset.

1. Remove SD card (with the rom files on it) Note, these are the files INSIDE JM's download.
                    2. Use toothpick to get into stock recovery.
                    3. Insert SD card with all JM's files on it.
                    4. From recovery menu, perform factory reset.
                    5. From recovery menu, wipe cache (yes, again)
                    6. Select Install update from Ext, navigate to rom zip and install
                    7. When installation is done, do another factory reset from recovery.

Power off and restart.
                    strange. no matter what I do or how many times I do this here all I get is a quick openelec logo and then it goes away and l loose tv connection. I also have H8M8 V2.0

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                      strange. no matter what I do or how many times I do this here all I get is a quick openelec logo and then it goes away and l loose tv connection. I also have H8M8 V2.0
                      Same here the openelec comes up quick but I just get the Openelec splash screen.

I'm installing the android firmware back on and then installing this build over that to see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post
                        Same here the openelec comes up quick but I just get the Openelec splash screen.

I'm installing the android firmware back on and then installing this build over that to see if it makes a difference.
                        if that does it for you please let me know... which android rom. I tried by doing finless 1.8 first but no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                          if that does it for you please let me know... which android rom. I tried by doing finless 1.8 first but no luck.
                          No luck with that either, still stuck on the Openelec screen. What I notice is that there is no splash screen with the tv set before the openelec splash screen comes up. I'm use to the openelec build for the gbox, it's loads differently.

I'm just going to wait for Codesnake's build for the M8. He mentioned it should be out in a few days if all goes well.

Comment

I found if TV Signal is lost, TV or Box is in wrong resolution (remembers something)
                            I was changing cable, monitors, removing switch boxes.
                            I reloaded JM android left it in 720 mode not 1080

Reloaded openelec full wipe ,and woo woo went all the way thru.

And yes ssh was enable with and with out password
                            Still cant FTP or SFTP.

Cheers
                            Last edited by trebor; 10-23-2014, 03:18. Reason: update
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I found if TV Signal is lost, TV or Box is in wrong resolution (remembers something)

Still cant FTP or SFTP.

Cheers
                              I'm not losing tv signal, just can't get pass splash screen. I'll load JM's android and try it again.

Comment

Still cant FTP or SFTP.

Cheers
                                I'm not to familiar with the builds on JM thread for android. Which build are you installing before you install openelec

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X