No announcement yet.

OpenElec on EM8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. JM's original beta release contained 2 files: a zip and a recovery. His recovery was problematic so I used stock recovery and, yes, just navigated to that zip file.

2. As Trebor notes, this build initially expects to find the TV or monitor set to 720p. You can change to 1080p after the first full boot.

Comment

OK, that was borikua problem I think. No worries

Originally posted by al8782 View Post
      I'm not losing tv signal, just can't get pass splash screen. I'll load JM's android and try it again.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
        OK, that was borikua problem I think. No worries

Yeah, you're right I was just typing out load

Comment

As all this is Uber New to me
          with the SFTP I get the following with a hep of numbers, this is normal ?
          then I trust an ok ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	connection.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	435098

cheers
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Still no go.....

Comment

Still no go.....
              What is the name of the zip file you downloaded?

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                It's the link JM posted on the first page. I install from EXT - sdcard, I don't open the zip and put those 5 items on the sdcard. I open the .rar file and put the zip file on the sdcard. This is how I do all my installs. Accept for certain firmware installs.

All my linux installs have been installed through EXT

EM8_OpenELEC_Beta.rar

And these are the files inside.

bootloader.img
                KERNEL
                logo.img
                META-INF
                system

Comment

I was actually thinking of taking out the bootloader.img and try to install without it.

I know it's a completely different box, but the openelec zips I use to flashed my Mx2 has the same files as this build minus the bootloader.img.

UPDATE: That didn't work. :-)

Comment

What remote.conf do I need to use for this remote that comes with the M8N?

Comment

I was actually thinking of taking out the bootloader.img and try to install without it.

I know it's a completely different box, but the openelec zips I use to flashed my Mx2 has the same files as this build minus the bootloader.img.

UPDATE: That didn't work. :-)

1. Yes, you don't unzip the second zip containing those 5 files. You place it directly on the SD card. And that second zip is named "EM8_JustMe_OpenElec_Beta".

2. Since this isn't working for you, I wonder if the slightly later version JM shared with me might get you booted? This version has issues with addons, as I mentioned in other posts. I can't recommend it. But if it boots on your box, it might break the jinx and allow you to reinstall the properly working beta over it.

Comment

MAC address

Does this ROM maintain a persistent MAC address over Lan?

Comment

Originally posted by Icyman View Post
                          Does this ROM maintain a persistent MAC address over Lan?
                          Yes, it does -- unlike Stane's AMlinux build.

Comment

After trying Putty, Winscp and Filezilla, to file-copy/browse OpenElec on M8
                            Was re-reading and tried what Zahir did with good ol' Windows Explore

can now easily browse OpenElec.

Sometimes Just cant see the forest because of the tress

Cheers

navigate via good ol' Windows Explorer to the "ConfigFiles" folder on OpenElec and copy the file to that
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

JustMe,
                              Build? Realy? May be MOD / repack.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                                After trying Putty, Winscp and Filezilla, to file-copy/browse OpenElec on M8
                                Was re-reading and tried what Zahir did with good ol' Windows Explore

can now easily browse OpenElec.

Sometimes Just cant see the forest because of the tress

Cheers
                                I did wonder why people were trying to get in through the skylight when the windows are all open...

Comment

Working...
                                X