No announcement yet.

OpenElec on EM8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanx justme. Love your Roms keep up the good work!!! tested this openelec on the TMRk1 box and the only issue i have is the remote not working.But i`ve got a good airmouse to replace that issue

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

I flashed in my m8 ,but no pic in tv screen .
      I had to replace the recovery in the sd card .
      Disappointed ,can't use in my m8 square .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: OpenElec on EM8

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
        This really was just experimental version the issue are all known

Next rom : -

- remote been fixed
        - usb keyboard fixed
        - bluetooth haven't tried yet
        - few other issues fixed

you can still play with a usb mouse although remote partial works in this build, loads ok for me every time even after a andriod install.
        I understand, was just posting to give feedback, I'll wait for your next release... thanks for keeping us informed. It is well appreciated..

Also if Bluetooth works this will be a freaking awsome rom... actually even without it.. it will still be a freaking awesome rom

Comment

Also if Bluetooth works this will be a freaking awsome rom... actually even without it.. it will still be a freaking awesome rom
          +10

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

Brilliant work. I've been waiting for this. Thanks

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

Just given it a whirl and on booting I get a quick flash of the openelec logo, then nothing

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
                Recovery include in the beta doesn't work with my box, the remote doesn't work... i also tried a usb keyboard and it also didn't work. used another recovery... and Openelec is on my box but is stuck at boot screen...

Are you measuring Temps with an temperature gun?

Also I'm using a v0.92 M8 board maybe it's a hardware issue....

Thanks JustMe...
                Same here after my second attempt. Flashed finless 1.7 to get back to android, then reflashed the OE beta. Now stuck at boot logo.

Comment

I had samebproblem on 109l4 just me. Download finless onto sd and put recovery
                  Img in the sd too and toothpick should work

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

Tried it mate. Just get stuck at OE splash screen

Comment

Thats bad, Which board you have?

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

Not sure never looked. The 109k4 rom works fine though. Hmmm

Comment

Installed and Running

Installed your fixed release using update from EXT in recovery menu. The toothpick method didn't work.

Openelec is installed and seems to be running smoothly. Exciting stuff!

My remote works only partially - OK and Back buttons do not register. How to flash the new remote file and where do I find it?

PS After an hour, temps are normal. Another first for JM in the making - trifecta on its way.

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                            Installed your fixed release using update from EXT in recovery menu. The toothpick method didn't work.

Openelec is installed and seems to be running smoothly. Exciting stuff!

My remote works only partially - OK and Back buttons do not register. How to flash the new remote file and where do I find it?

PS After an hour, temps are normal. Another first for JM in the making - trifecta on its way.
                            That's exactly what I did.
                            How long did yours stay on the boot screen after flashing?

I'll try on my second m8 and see if I have any better luck.

Comment

How long did yours stay on the boot screen after flashing?
                              It booted up so fast, my PC monitor was still switching inputs..

I did switch the box off after my install, rather than rebooting directly from recovery. My board is a H8M8 V2.0.

All 4 CPU cores are engaged, even at idle which makes things blistering fast.
                              I note CPU 2 is running at 92 % at idle, which may raise temps a bit. The other 3 cores seem more normal.

I note that the ConfigFiles folder in OpenElec is accessible to plain old Windows Explorer via Samba. So I should be able to copy over my stock M8 remote config file... will test that.
                              Last edited by Zahir; 10-21-2014, 19:39.

Comment

This safe for the new M8N units boss?

Comment

Working...
                                X