OpenElec on EM8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenElec on EM8

I'm guessing there must be other changes as the remote file you posted gives me no response (tested a second time, fresh install of rom) I thought the opening post sAid this remote was fixed? Or have I missed an update link?

Comment

Originally posted by MetalKettle View Post
      I'm guessing there must be other changes as the remote file you posted gives me no response (tested a second time, fresh install of rom) I thought the opening post sAid this remote was fixed? Or have I missed an update link?

Remote is fixed and worked quite well apart from the e broswer button, back button, mouse button on roundish remote and original square m8.

- v0.92 and roundish remote

H8 and m8n had the issues which zahir fixed remotekeys for on those boxes.and posted remote.conf script
      Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

1. Neither the remote config in JM's beta release, shared with all of us, nor the one in his later release shared with me (and posted by me as "originalremote") works fully.

2. The 98 per cent solution is the config file I first linked over at Mega. That one does everything except power up. It works for me and for Trebor, it seems. Maybe others can report their mileage?

Hard to say why an adept like you, Metal Kettle, hasn't got that one working. You have all the skills, so your remote must be slightly different.

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

Ok. On flashing the box using the link in the opening post I only have use of the left, right, up and down buttons. Nothing else.
          I copy the fike you posted to my box and I get zero response from the remote.

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
            Remote is fixed and worked quite well apart from the e broswer button, back button, mouse button on roundish remote and original square m8.

H8 and m8n had the issues which zahir fixed remotekeys for on those boxes.and posted remote.conf script
            That explains a lot, JM, it's those two boxes I've been working with and for which my remote script does work.

PS, there should be $40 from me in your in-box. Not enough recognition for all that you're doing, but a start...

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

Ok. So the remote file supplied is not compatible with my m8. Must be a different version. I'm now looking to get the remote working through an xbmc keymap instead of a linux remote config.

Comment

Ok. So the remote file supplied is not compatible with my m8. Must be a different version. I'm now looking to get the remote working through an xbmc keymap instead of a linux remote config.
                OK, good luck. I'm sure you'll do it: as I said, you have all it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                  That explains a lot, JM, it's those two boxes I've been working with and for which my remote script does work.

PS, there should be $40 from me in your in-box. Not enough recognition for all that you're doing, but a start...

Thank you kindly Zahir...it also my birthday today, so being spoilt from few people today .

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post

Using old round remote all but Internet, (Delete bottom left), mouse.
                    Using Zahir config
                    copied to /storage/.config

Cheers
                    Last edited by trebor; 10-22-2014, 23:47.
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

OK. Heres my xbmc keymap. All buttons 100% working on my version of the box.

copy to userdata/keymaps in xbmc.

Comment

OK. Heres my xbmc keymap. All buttons 100% working on my version of the box.

copy to userdata/keymaps in xbmc.
                        Cheers fella

JustMe

Comment

I only had to map my missing buttons in xbmc as the linux remote.conf had the rest correctly mapped. I think as far as releasing goes (especially with openelec, as its xbmc only) the xbmc keymap option might be best as we can build a selection for users to chose from depending on their box.

Comment

JM.... out of curiosity....did you change the stock login/password for ssh? As i cant get access as i can with my other OpenElec builds.

Comment

Power On/Wake too?

That would be great, but I don't see that in the .xml file. I probably need to restore the Linux remote config file.

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

No. That's a os function. Xbmc can't control that. I left the power side of things alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X