Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues: XBMC SHUTS DOWNS BOX / Screen floickr / BLUE LED / IR REMOTE

Hi all,

Ive had this box for a few weeks and can't return it.. I bought it from droidsticks and I'm having so many issues.

1- Firstly the Blue led and Remote stopped working.

2- Secondly everytime i would load their add-on on xbmc it would crash first 3 times of opening xvmc and then load without crashing

3- thirdly the Screen flickers black [ive tried multiple hd leads and tvs and changed the resolutions sometimes it works normally, i thought it might be the angle of the lead but it isn't.

4****- this is most important XBMC turns off my box after lets say 40mins... ill be watching a movie and it'll go into what seems like standby. My Screen would say HDMI power save mode. Its not my TVs.
    - I installed the following roms. Stanes [ which it came with but was customised], Finless 1.8 and the new justme 109k4 1.2 final. All of them do the same. they all crash. .. although on on the new rom 109k4 1.2 when loaded it said "xbmc is not responding [or something to that effect]" close or continue. I would continue as it was responding. again it still crashed..

also on the 109k4 rom. it wouldn't let me install anything. [yes verify was off]

--------------------------
    No i can not go back to droidsticks I've had it longer than 14days.. I bought it on behalf of family for my cousin as a present I lost track of days and doubt they'll accept the return especially with all these issues that have arisen funnily enough after the 14 days. also their email support isn't fantastic and highly priced support line that I'm not going to call.

Any help to any of the 4 points would really be appreciated. also ideal setup would be great
    Last edited by mahsidi; 10-23-2014, 12:41. Reason: was trying to improve my plea

Originally posted by mahsidi View Post
    Hi all,

Ive had this box for a few weeks and can't return it.. I bought it from droidsticks and I'm having so many issues.

1- Firstly the Blue led and Remote stopped working.

2- Secondly everytime i would load their add-on on xbmc it would crash first 3 times of opening xvmc and then load without crashing

3- thirdly the Screen flickers black [ive tried multiple hd leads and tvs and changed the resolutions sometimes it works normally, i thought it might be the angle of the lead but it isn't.

4****- this is most important XBMC turns off my box after lets say 40mins... ill be watching a movie and it'll go into what seems like standby. My Screen would say HDMI power save mode. Its not my TVs.
    - I installed the following roms. Stanes [ which it came with but was customised], Finless 1.8 and the new justme 109k4 1.2 final. All of them do the same. they all crash. .. although on on the new rom 109k4 1.2 when loaded it said "xbmc is not responding [or something to that effect]" close or continue. I would continue as it was responding. again it still crashed..

also on the 109k4 rom. it wouldn't let me install anything. [yes verify was off]

No i can not go back to droidsticks I've had it longer than 14days.. I bought it on behalf of family for my cousin as a present I lost track of days and doubt they'll accept the return especially with all these issues that have arisen funnily enough after the 14 days. also their email support isn't fantastic and highly priced support line that I'm not going to call.

Any help to any of the 4 points would really be appreciated. also ideal setup would be great
    You get what you paid for.
    It has been mentioned in this forum that ENY boxes use low quality hardware.

Comment

Try a different power supply....

I've had my box reboot and shutdown because my power supply failed.

The power supplies shipped with the boxes are cheap and unreliable.

Bought one of these which fixed my problems:

had to open up the USB port a bit with a knife and use connector (USB to 5.5mm cable):

This is a simple cable that adapts from a USB port to a 5.5x2.1mm barrel connector, center positive. This cable allows the user to use a USB port on a comp

Comment

Working...
      X