Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems with screen size and aspect ratio

hi all,

first of all, does someone know what could be the reason for my em8 box (finless 1.7) all of a sudden starting to display full screen video in a kind of minimized sub-frame (i mean the picture doesn't stretch all the way to the edge of the screen, it uses maybe 70% of available space)... this happens with almost all stand-alone video players, except mxplayer. and i must say earlier it wasn't like this. is there a build.prop setting that could have something to do with it?

another question is: what video player do you recommend? although mx player seems robust and works well even with the problem described above, i have trouble getting the aspect ratio to match the original in the files i'm watching. e.g. my pc shows a 4:3 aspect ratio correctly, but mx player stretches everything to fit the 720p screen.

Originally posted by mr_mezz View Post
    i have trouble getting the aspect ratio to match the original in the files i'm watching. e.g. my pc shows a 4:3 aspect ratio correctly, but mx player stretches everything to fit the 720p screen.
    You might have "correct aspect ratio" selected. Uncheck that if it is, and you should be fixed. The other problem I don't know.

You might try terminal emulator and

su
    am display-size reset
    Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
    I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
    RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Wait, I misread your OP. I thought you were saying that the picture from the box was playing at 70% and not centered, like a PIP. You are saying that the video is playing at 70% of the screen size, right? With equal edges top and bottom?

If so, that may be a product of the video. MX Player will scale it up to fit the screen, and it has several views available to make it fit your preferences.If you are watching a 640x480 video and don't scale it up to then you will see it like that, at 50% on a 720 screen.

I know on my tablet you can pinch zoom with MX player but I don't know how to zoom with my airmouse.

On my first response, that will reset the screen to the default for the player. If you do that and it changes the resolution to 720 and that is not desired change the "reset" to "1080x1920"
      Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
      I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
      RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgeek View Post
        Wait, I misread your OP. I thought you were saying that the picture from the box was playing at 70% and not centered, like a PIP. You are saying that the video is playing at 70% of the screen size, right? With equal edges top and bottom?

If so, that may be a product of the video. MX Player will scale it up to fit the screen, and it has several views available to make it fit your preferences.If you are watching a 640x480 video and don't scale it up to then you will see it like that, at 50% on a 720 screen.
        yes, the video has equal edges top and bottom, it's like a smaller size screen centered inside my full screen. and to note that this doesn't happen with mx player, it does show videos full size but has that aspect ratio problem.

the problem occurs usually on apps that have some video component, and when i go full screen i get this scaled picture.

things that work are youtube, mx player (save for the aspect ratio)... but then again other video players that i have (like the included 4k player, vlc player, es player...) don't go 100% full screen. it's weird, just thinking if there is some setting that these other apps are reading that messes things up...

but thanks, i will try what you suggested as well to see if it helps.

Comment

Working...
        X