X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bricked my m8 square - need help

Hi,
    I bought this box:
    M8 Amlogic S802 Quad Core Cortex A9 2.0GHz Bluetooth 2.4G/5G Dual Wifi XBMC Streaming Player 4K Hdmi Android 4.4 KitKat OS TV Box With Tronsmart RJ45 Ethernet Adapter
    From here:

Based on images of the M8 and the box it is UGOOS M8 http://ugoos.net/m8-amlogic
    It came with firmware that started with 2013 so I decided to update it, which apparently was a huge mistake.
    PCB says HLSX M8 V2_0 20140918

First I tried firmware from this thread:

M8 1008 new firmware
    This somewhat worked with major glitches, like incorrect button mapping on the remote and Ethernet that dies every 15 minutes and random MAC.
    Then I tried to FLASH 20141009 form the same thread few posts down and Recovery didn’t even come up on the screen and the screen went black forever.
    I tried to recover it making special SD card with uboot applied with bootcardmaker with various images with no luck. It looks like it reacts to SD , because the Ethernet LED flash pattern changes when I have SD with uboot, but I suspect I don’t have correct images. I tried to enable OTG , made a straight USB cable and put a jumper but my PC does not detect the box over USB. I suspect I have corrupt or wrong uboot and need correct one but nothing works so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by leonidm View Post
    Hi,
    I bought this box:
    M8 Amlogic S802 Quad Core Cortex A9 2.0GHz Bluetooth 2.4G/5G Dual Wifi XBMC Streaming Player 4K Hdmi Android 4.4 KitKat OS TV Box With Tronsmart RJ45 Ethernet Adapter
    From here:

Based on images of the M8 and the box it is UGOOS M8 http://ugoos.net/m8-amlogic
    It came with firmware that started with 2013 so I decided to update it, which apparently was a huge mistake.
    PCB says HLSX M8 V2_0 20140918

First I tried firmware from this thread:

M8 1008 new firmware
    This somewhat worked with major glitches, like incorrect button mapping on the remote and Ethernet that dies every 15 minutes and random MAC.
    Then I tried to FLASH 20141009 form the same thread few posts down and Recovery didn’t even come up on the screen and the screen went black forever.
    I tried to recover it making special SD card with uboot applied with bootcardmaker with various images with no luck. It looks like it reacts to SD , because the Ethernet LED flash pattern changes when I have SD with uboot, but I suspect I don’t have correct images. I tried to enable OTG , made a straight USB cable and put a jumper but my PC does not detect the box over USB. I suspect I have corrupt or wrong uboot and need correct one but nothing works so far. Any help would be appreciated.

delete everything on your sd card

download this

extract this to your memory card.

open notepad

paste the following

--update_package=/sdcard/k200-ota-20140722.zip
    --wipe_cache
    --wipe_media

save this file to your memory card as factory_update_param.aml

now you should have 3 files on your memory card
    k200-ota-20140722.zip
    factory_update_param.aml
    recovery.img

pull the power from the box and insert sd card

get a tooth pick or something else thats not metal that will fit in your av hole to press the button inside keep this button pressed in and power up while the button is in. dont be rough with the button or youll break it youll feel and hear it click just make sure it pressed in when you plug the power in and keep it in till you see the recovery starting to boot. should take no more than 12 seconds to start booting

Comment

Thank you, downloading now. I am afraid however that I have corrupted u-boot. if I put SD card that has no u-boot programmed with bootcardmaker with it seems to ignore SD-card, but I will try and report the result.

Comment

Well the u book should still be on the card even if u delete the files. Did you use the one in the boot maker directory or the other one if you don't get any joy try the one you didn't use

Comment

i tried about 10 different uboot.bin files with no luck. If i understand correctly each ROM has bootloader.img file that is essentially a uboot.bin.
          Just tried the files from the link you suggested with no luck, still black screen.

Comment

i looked at the set of files that bricked my device and I see 2 extra lines setting efuses:

--set_efuse_version=0x14
            --set_efuse_wifi_mac
            --wipe_data
            --wipe_cache
            --update_package=/sdcard/k200-ota-20141009.zip

Is it a problem?

Comment

i tried about 10 different uboot.bin files with no luck. If i understand correctly each ROM has bootloader.img file that is essentially a uboot.bin.
              Just tried the files from the link you suggested with no luck, still black screen.
              Im not sure if the bootloader.img is right format for sdcard creator i would stick to the default one for now. HAve you tried the nand jumper? im not sure what this _set fuse does will need to look into it more. If i were you id check if you have that jumper for the nand pins

Comment

where is NAND jumper located? Is it supposed to disable NAND so it boots from SD?
                which is the default uboot.bin I should use?

Comment

Use the SDcard making tool and the u-boot.bin that came with the AMLogic_tools.rar. Not the one in the SDcard maker RAR but the one in the root of the tool RAR. The u-boot.bin that is in the sdcard maker rar doesn't work. I tried it on my box. Ill try get the links on here for teh jumper .

ps also copy to usb刷机工具说明.wps this is on another thread here.

Comment

this file should be copied to the root of SD card?

Comment

yes just do what youve been doing with bootcard maker use the uboot and wps file form the root now your box should show up usbflash

Comment

where is NAND jumper located? Is it supposed to disable NAND so it boots from SD?
                        which is the default uboot.bin I should use?

this will get you into adb connection

Comment

tried usb刷机工具说明.wps and uboot.bin from the root of amlogic tolls archive - still nothing on the screen

Comment

tried usb刷机工具说明.wps and uboot.bin from the root of amlogic tolls archive - still nothing on the screen

ok does look like the uboot is goosed thats the first thing you need to fix. Info is here how someone did this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...rted-Nand-pins

basically you'll be shorting the nand pin and flashing the probox2 without erase uboot will fail at 5% or 6% but the boot loader will be installed and you can try a restore of the firmware that worked before if your lucky it will or just install the img version of probox2 to get the box back to life. All the info you need is in the thread. Just search the forum for the nand shorting details. The screen isint what your looking for its the usb otg or adb depending on what you want to try

Comment

hi mate pretty new to embed linux stuff but been using linux for years. Now the uboot for this aml tools looks like its originally from a round box.

The boot.img in the zips isint the boot loader i unpacked it. Its just a kernel and a ramdisk. Long story short I dumped my bootloader from my box for you .Try this https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3p...ew?usp=sharing with bootmaker might help.

Use the recovery you used the first time that did boot with your box but wasnt great. Now this is the right boot loader if nothing happens with the usb or recovery at all youll need to short the nand to get it to boot. let me know how you get on. Also i seen someone say about another box when the nand was corrupt recovery button can take up to a minute to kick in to give that a try too. I did compare the boot binarys and there are a lot of differences in it.
                              Last edited by grant2258; 12-16-2014, 23:51.

Comment

Working...
                              X