Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M8 Clone which Firmware can I use and Root? (Current Firmware link included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8 Clone which Firmware can I use and Root? (Current Firmware link included)

I have ended up with an m8 Clone ( which 5G Wifi does not work on) and wanted to try dome things. Can anyone tell me which firmwares I can try on it without messing it up, I'm just worried as its a clone it may brick it. I have posted a picture below, and a link to a firmware that does work ( passed to me by supplier off **** to try fix the 5G but it didn't ) to try and help Identify if I can put on custom Roms and Root it etc
    If anyone can tell me if I can try custom Roms/ Official Roms I would appreciate it
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=folder%2crar

and download the file 141023_CM+TV+BOX+M8+A.7z

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010409.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	439829

Because you talk about the square one I moved this thread to this sub-forum...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I've had problems with 5g and 2.4 working together even with a pcs. It seems if you go above normal wireless network speeds it messes with 5g. Try turning the 2.4 radio off all together. In the end in my particlar router I had to name my 5g ssid different to the 2.4 one and make it hidden and set the channels on both frequencies a to certain combination to get them to work together and not knocking each other off. I would turn the 2.4 raduo off on the router if u was you and name the 5g and 2.4 with a different ssid name when both are on so you know which one is which

Comment

1gb clone

Originally posted by wilx View Post
        I have ended up with an m8 Clone ( which 5G Wifi does not work on) and wanted to try dome things. Can anyone tell me which firmwares I can try on it without messing it up, I'm just worried as its a clone it may brick it. I have posted a picture below, and a link to a firmware that does work ( passed to me by supplier off **** to try fix the 5G but it didn't ) to try and help Identify if I can put on custom Roms and Root it etc
        If anyone can tell me if I can try custom Roms/ Official Roms I would appreciate it
        https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=folder%2crar

and download the file 141023_CM+TV+BOX+M8+A.7z

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9323[/ATTACH]
        Wilx, did you ever figure out what firmware you can use on a 1gb clone? I need to know. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X