M8 5.0.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hycel View Post
    Hey AL. Kerber's build from may 4th is proetty good overall, but there are couple major issues. When you flash G box Q boxes with this build the Ethernet Mac address is changed, but it's not random. On every box it's the same mac address. I have two boxes in the house that i flashed with this build and they both have the same MAC address, which causes conflict on the network. Another issue is streaming live channels. They start and play fine, but every couple minutes they get stuck and then stop. Wonder if you could have Kerber look into the MAC address issues. It's a big one.
    The MAC address changes on all OpenELECs that I have used. I think it changes on Mx2 also. I have no problems at all with live channels.

I haven't checked to see if the MAC addresses are the same on my other boxes. Usually have 2 on, no conflict that I've noticed. But then again one is wired and one wifi, if that makes a difference. I'll have to check when I get home.

I personally haven't had one single problem with this build that I can think of. I did notice AirPlay wasn't working. I've been using IPTV stalker a lot and not having any problems with live channels

Comment

Mac address can you not put init file with the following line?

Code:
      [B]ifconfig eth0 down; ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:23:47:97:E5; ifconfig eth0 up[/B]
      Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post

The MAC address changes on all OpenELECs that I have used. I think it changes on Mx2 also. I have no problems at all with live channels.

I haven't checked to see if the MAC addresses are the same on my other boxes. Usually have 2 on, no conflict that I've noticed. But then again one is wired and one wifi, if that makes a difference. I'll have to check when I get home.

I personally haven't had one single problem with this build that I can think of. I did notice AirPlay wasn't working. I've been using IPTV stalker a lot and not having any problems with live channels
        al you say you have no problems is that on an m8 box and can you get 1080p? its still greyed out for me but everything else seems fine including all four cores.

Comment

Originally posted by burt35 View Post

al you say you have no problems is that on an m8 box and can you get 1080p? its still greyed out for me but everything else seems fine including all four cores.
          I'm using the G Box Quad Core and it's not greyed out. I can swtich between 720 or 1080p on my Q, I have a M8, but haven't had time to install it on that yet to see if I get the same problems as others.
          Last edited by al8782; 05-17-2015, 18:55.

Comment

Ok, I just installed 5.0.8 May 4th from zip on my M8. I am not having any problems that some of you guys are having.

I have sound, I can change from 720 to 1080p. I can change audio output to either Default (AML-M8AUDIO Analog), AML-M8AUDIO, S/PDIF and AML-M8AUDIO, HMDI

I bought my M8 last fall. Not sure if the newer ones are any different.

Comment

it runs flawlessly for me as well

Comment

Originally posted by kokoui View Post
                it runs flawlessly for me as well
                What box you running it on? No sound problems? Are you able to switch video and audio output?
                Last edited by al8782; 05-18-2015, 15:38.

Comment

What box you running it on? No sound pretty problems? Are you able to switch video and audio output?
                  I wonder if it's something to do with the TV itself. I have a Samsung es8000

Comment

I've got a problem with videoplayback. I installed it over codesnake's openelec. The video didn't play properly so did a "clean" install. First installed Megatrons rom then this one. Still the videoplayback problem remained. It plays for a few seconds (about 20) and then starts stuttering.... very strange. Never had this before with the other openelec builds. I do see in the system tab that it's using all cores...

kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                      Mac address can you not put init file with the following line?

Code:
                      [B]ifconfig eth0 down; ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:23:47:97:E5; ifconfig eth0 up[/B]
                      JustME any more detailed instructions you can give me? where do i put that code? into a file? and place it where? Thanks

Comment

I had both my Q and M8 on wifi at the same time and they had different mac address. I'll hook up two Q's and see how that works. I've had 2 Q's running at the same time before with no problems, but never checked to see if they had the same mac addresses.

Just to make sure everyone knows what file I'm installing. I never update with the tar file, aways flash with the zip file. I don't use the zip file that ends in update also. I have buddy that compared updating with tar and installing through zip and he said there was a noticeable different in the update with tar not running as good as installing from zip.

I also install straight over top of matricoms firmware that comes with the boxes. Plus I never boot into matricoms firmware also. I go straight into recovery and do one data/factory reset wipe and partition wipe. I also do not install from EXT.

I do know that I can not connect to 2.4ghz if I have 5ghz enabled on my router ( this is for g box q) or it takes over 5 mins to connect ( that's if it ever does). I also can not transfer files with my box hooked straight up to my labtop ( it never links together). I use a old router to do that. I connect my box to the router and my labtop to the same router and it takes about a min to link together.

Comment

this is probably the best firmware ive ever ran on an M8 props to the russian coder and openelec

No issues what so ever with sound, with 1080p or anything else people are posting about and ive used this on over 20 boxes so far

Comment

and thank you al8782 for posting this, you are the man sir!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyx View Post
                              and thank you al8782 for posting this, you are the man sir!
                              You're welcome. Did you notice AirPlay not working with this build?

Comment

What box you running it on? No sound problems? Are you able to switch video and audio output?

M8 S802, i can set resolution 720p or 1080p and also change audio settings. Have no problems so far

Comment

Working...
                                X