No announcement yet.

M8 5.0.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You won't need an soldering iron. Just a USB cable an short two pins if needed. Usually need to do this if the power light doesn't stay on

Comment

Originally posted by burt35 View Post

great i'll give that a try cheers.
      I am running this built now, and I am yet to get 1080p. At first I ran Codesnake 5.0.3, then I switch to his, had the audio issue, al8782 got Kerber to sort this out (big thanks), then I started flashing this from stock, but still Resolution grayed out and fixed at 1280 x 720p.

I believe, this issue has nothing to do with this built, but has to do with the original firmware that is written to the box from stock. I wrote a firmware on one of my M8 (this I cannot remember what firmware it was, but on this M8 and this M8 only I am able to change the resolution with this built). If only I can remember which firmware it was.

Comment

Originally posted by hycel View Post

JustME any more detailed instructions you can give me? where do i put that code? into a file? and place it where? Thanks "ifconfig eth0 down; ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:23:47:97:E5; ifconfig eth0 up"
        Have you you tried to log in ssh and go to /etc/init.d folder, sorry I don't have the rom loaded on my box to view the file structure., if not then it will be hardcoded in the Uboot another work around is 1 unit on wifi and another on thernet.
        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post

You're welcome. Did you notice AirPlay not working with this build?
          I will get one of my friends over with an iDevice and report back

Comment

Originally posted by burt35 View Post

just a quick question when you install this on your boxes do you have it connected to a 1080p tv and how do you install it is it via recovery update zip or extracted contents to memory card? my box is working fine except the 1080p greyed out still! I have installed this through memory card extracted zip and using my pc monitor to install not sure if this makes a difference.
            I put the aml zip and recovery.img on an SD card and power the unit up with the reset button pushed in with a Q-TIP

I do the initial install on one of my 1080p 24" PC monitors and then I bring it downstairs for final testing and to demo for clients on a 65" LED it initially is set to 720p and I do not have any issues changing it over to 1080p if needed.

Comment

my monitor is 1080p I do exactly the same I'm baffled to be honest unless it's something to do with the version of m8 box I have or perhaps a different zip file to you?
              Last edited by burt35; 05-21-2015, 12:28.

Comment

now this might sound a silly question but is the video resolution set in the openelec tab (something ive missed) or is it system-video output where it is greyed out. ive just installed megatrons new rom v3 and it defaulted to 720p but I could manually change it to 1080p.

Comment

OpenELEC is defaulted to 720p when I install it and I can change it to 1080p or 1080i. Also on my M8. I got my M8 last year. And have installed a few didn't roms on it. Just can't remeber which android roms I installed. But I pretty much installed all the different OpenELEC builds.

Comment

I have the codesnake 5.0.5 on my M8 and I was wondering how I just update it with the update file rather than wiping and flashing it all new. I have never used ssh before so I'm unfamiliar with it. thanks guys.

Comment

OpenELEC is defaulted to 720p when I install it and I can change it to 1080p or 1080i. Also on my M8. I got my M8 last year. And have installed a few didn't roms on it. Just can't remeber which android roms I installed. But I pretty much installed all the different OpenELEC builds.
                      reinstalled openelec 5.08 over megatrons rom still the same resolution greyed out. I give up stumped.

Comment

I forward this thread to someone and he tried to update his M8 box. But he said after he updated the box with the .tar file his box won't turn on. The blue diamond just blinks. He also can't get into recovery. I've never came across this before. Anyone had this problem before..

Comment

I forward this thread to someone and he tried to update his M8 box. But he said after he updated the box with the .tar file his box won't turn on. The blue diamond just blinks. He also can't get into recovery. I've never came across this before. Anyone had this problem before..
                          al8782, this happened to an M8 I owned, my blue light is on as normal, just the "Amlogic M8" shown on the screen, and the box will not flash with no Rom. I tried u-boot.zip on the SDCard with the rom, no joy. I have tried for weeks, still nothing.

Comment

Guys,
                            My M8 2GB works like a charm on 1080p, but after some initial hickups:

I first started by installing (Toothpick) and used the REGULAR install file, I think the UPDATE zip is for updating an earler Openelec installation!
                            My former installatio software was I think Justme 1.6 or 1.5... I do nt remember.

Software started perfectly, but on 1280p.
                            My M8 is connected via HDMI to an Onkyo receiver allowing all kinds of resolutions up to 1080p/1080i
                            I could change the resolution.
                            But after restart it reverted back to 1280 again... hmmm:
                            I learned that If Openelec does NOT see the correct resolution from the screen it either a) reverts back to standard (1280) or b) chooses the resolution that the screen is on at that time..

So I changed my Onkyo receiver NOT to pass through HDMI but set it fixed to 1080P. I also made sure that my TV is set fixed to 1080P, so the whole chain is reporting back 1080P to Openelec.
                            I choose 1080P 50Hz (in my case) again in OE, under systems settings
                            Now: it is great, even after restart it comes back to 1080p

For what it's wordth: I pass Through audio via optical out, and do NOT use Audio over HDMI.

Comment

im actually using megatrons rom at the moment the interesting thing is I can set the resolution manually to 1080p in the android settings but as soon as I start kodi the resolution settings within are still greyed out!! but it is set to 1080p.

Comment

Hey guys. I'm thinking of buying this box after I move. If I get this box, would the OpenELEC files used on the M8 be the same files I would flash to this unit? If not, could you direct me to which files to use?

http://www.****.com/itm/Beelink-M7B-...item43d91fe9a6

Comment

Working...
                                X