X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marcellenz View Post
    Guys,
    My M8 2GB works like a charm on 1080p, but after some initial hickups:

I first started by installing (Toothpick) and used the REGULAR install file, I think the UPDATE zip is for updating an earler Openelec installation!
    My former installatio software was I think Justme 1.6 or 1.5... I do nt remember.

Software started perfectly, but on 1280p.
    My M8 is connected via HDMI to an Onkyo receiver allowing all kinds of resolutions up to 1080p/1080i
    I could change the resolution.
    But after restart it reverted back to 1280 again... hmmm:
    I learned that If Openelec does NOT see the correct resolution from the screen it either a) reverts back to standard (1280) or b) chooses the resolution that the screen is on at that time..

So I changed my Onkyo receiver NOT to pass through HDMI but set it fixed to 1080P. I also made sure that my TV is set fixed to 1080P, so the whole chain is reporting back 1080P to Openelec.
    I choose 1080P 50Hz (in my case) again in OE, under systems settings
    Now: it is great, even after restart it comes back to 1080p

For what it's wordth: I pass Through audio via optical out, and do NOT use Audio over HDMI.
    Update zip is for installing through EXT. Tar is for updating previous builds

Comment

Originally posted by cougar214 View Post
      Hey guys. I'm thinking of buying this box after I move. If I get this box, would the OpenELEC files used on the M8 be the same files I would flash to this unit? If not, could you direct me to which files to use?

http://www.****.com/itm/Beelink-M7B-...item43d91fe9a6
      My personal opinion is by the G Box quad if your planning on using this OpenELEC. Only because I have no problems at all with the settings as other members have and I personally know a couple of resellers besides myself that also use these boxes.

That's just my opinion.

Comment

If your looking for assurances its probably best to follow al8782's advice and stick with something that someone actually running what you want to use is using and can testify to its performance...

on another note tho... if one was to step out into the playzone and buy something different I would seriously consider something with 2gig of ram as having lots of ram is something you can never go wrong with, especially in light of how things are moving forward both software and hardware wise these days... it still suprises me how many are still buying the older dualy's when the quads are so cheap, but I quess being the older are more mature they tend to be better supported... kodi's changing tho and 5 is just around the corner so having the extra ram may be a good thing...

just my opinion tho...

Comment

Just notice that device is only 1g. This build will not work with that box. I remember members asking about some of codes build being able to work on some of the other 1g devices and if I correct he said no.

Plus I wouldn't even risk it.

Comment

AL Have you had any contact with codesnake lately? wonder what's he's so busy with these days. Wonder if we could get someone to update openelec for the mx2 boxes to 5.0.7 or 5.08
            I know he was working on wetek, but wetek is now official sponsors of Openelec. So they'll be getting their builds straight from Openelec team. Wish Matricom would start sponsoring Openelec.

Comment

Originally posted by hycel View Post
              AL Have you had any contact with codesnake lately? wonder what's he's so busy with these days. Wonder if we could get someone to update openelec for the mx2 boxes to 5.0.7 or 5.08
              I know he was working on wetek, but wetek is now official sponsors of Openelec. So they'll be getting their builds straight from Openelec team. Wish Matricom would start sponsoring Openelec.
              Code is still busy with wetek and he moderates the Linux forum on the wetek forum.

Comment

I don't see the issue with it. It's the very same specs as the M8 only 1 gb of ram instead of 2 gb's. I will know more after getting the box. And considering OE can be run on a Raspberry Pi that is only 1 gb of ram, I rather think ram isn't an issue as it's more cpu based than ram.

Comment

You have to remeber these OE's are unofficial for these boxes and these devels make builds for specific boxes. You might be right but I wouldn't risk screwing up another box.

Comment

Lol. I know what ya mean al. but SOMEONE has to guinne pig boxes to know for sure right?....lol

Comment

Originally posted by cougar214 View Post
                      Lol. I know what ya mean al. but SOMEONE has to guinne pig boxes to know for sure right?....lol
                      You should just pick yourself up a cheap M8 from aliexpress theyre like $60 with shipping... and load this version of OE on the box, it works very well!

Comment

I want another M8 Jimmy but every time I look for one, they cost more than $60 bucks.....I guess buying timing is everything?.....lol

Comment

one of my clients is reporting NO AUDIO on his SHARP TV where the box works fine on my toshiba, samsung and pioneer receiver as well as LG hdmi PC monitor..

Also I am having some difficulties with bluetooth, is it supported with this firmware? if so how do I enable it?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyx View Post
                            one of my clients is reporting NO AUDIO on his SHARP TV where the box works fine on my toshiba, samsung and pioneer receiver as well as LG hdmi PC monitor..

Also I am having some difficulties with bluetooth, is it supported with this firmware? if so how do I enable it?
                            At first I was having problems getting sound from my tv down stairs using a sound bar. I actually had mess around with it for a while to get it to work. If I'm not mistaken turning the tv on and then back off worked along with going back to a different hdmi output and back to the hdmi output I was using for the box.

Not sure about bluetooth, but I do know airplay isn't working.

I'll go back to my tv downstairs and hook a box up and see if the sound works and if not I'll try to pay attention this time what I actually did to make it work.

Comment

Apparently the 2 usb dongles were causing issues with the Sharp TV. We removed them both and bam sound worked again, and continued to work once both dongles were but back on the box.

I look forward to any details on how youve resolved any audio issues.

I would be most appreciative if someone can test this rom with bluetooth as I sadly do not have any devices to test.

Finally is there any progress with airplay resolution from the original russian coders?

Thank you all in advance for the help . assistance with these matters

Comment

Hi All..
                                i am running also the 4 may openelec build on my m8 box.. still i cannot get audio working over optical output.. neither over analog output... audio over hdmi is working but that will not do the job for me as i have my box connected to a projector.... i tried all kinds of work arounds ... but still no luck.. any suggestions ???

Comment

Working...
                                X