No announcement yet.

M8 5.0.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did have a problem with my family room tv that has a sound bar. I hooked my box up and got no sound at all. I changed my hdmi output to my cable hook up and had sound. Unplugged my box, plugged it back in , switch to hdmi output for my box and cables work.

Now in my bedroom I'm getting something weird. I'm watching ufc replay with volume real low (wife is sleeping) and after a couple minutes the volume drops down by its self to were I can't even hear it. I have to turn it up and then it'll go back to normal. But when I turn it up I still can't hear it and then it'll get louder by itself and I have to turn it down. Both tv's have sound bars. Just started noticing this.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyx View Post
      this is probably the best firmware ive ever ran on an M8 props to the russian coder and openelec

No issues what so ever with sound, with 1080p or anything else people are posting about and ive used this on over 20 boxes so far
      just a quick question when you install this on your boxes do you have it connected to a 1080p tv and how do you install it is it via recovery update zip or extracted contents to memory card? my box is working fine except the 1080p greyed out still! I have installed this through memory card extracted zip and using my pc monitor to install not sure if this makes a difference.
      Last edited by burt35; 05-19-2015, 18:05.

Comment

Originally posted by burt35 View Post

just a quick question when you install this on your boxes do you have it connected to a 1080p tv and how do you install it is it via recovery update zip or extracted contents to memory card? my box is working fine except the 1080p greyed out still! I have installed this through memory card extracted zip and using my pc monitor to install not sure if this makes a difference.
        Extract files from zip and put on sdcard. Don't extract the files from the update zip download, just the regular zip download. I don't change any settings on my tv when it flash the boxes. And I wouldn't use a monitor to flash. Had a buddy do that and it caused to many problems. Use a tv.

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post

Extract files from zip and put on sdcard. Don't extract the files from the update zip download, just the regular zip download. I don't change any settings on my tv when it flash the boxes. And I wouldn't use a monitor to flash. Had a buddy do that and it caused to many problems. Use a tv.
          great i'll give that a try cheers.

Comment

still no joy still greyed out never mind doesn't effect the picture really still a great build

Comment

Works perfect for me. Even with default firmware power down always rebooted. There is no on off button on these boxes so I'm guessing it's what it should do.

Comment

The rom works very good the only problem i have is that the processor runs very hot it goes over 80 degrees when i look in systeminformation after a short while in use.

Comment

Originally posted by grant2258 View Post
                  Works perfect for me. Even with default firmware power down always rebooted. There is no on off button on these boxes so I'm guessing it's what it should do.
                  Yes power off is normally suspend mode on these boxes. Only true way to power if off is by pulling the plug. Unless someone has figured out how to power the box off.

Has anyone had any luck with AirPlay.

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post

Yes power off is normally suspend mode on these boxes. Only true way to power if off is by pulling the plug. Unless someone has figured out how to power the box off.

you can click suspend which puts it to sleep which is a work around.

Comment

hi,

how do i install it. i toothpicked the update.zip

seemed to go ok, it said successfully installed.

i rebooted, nothing but blank screen...

any help

Comment

Originally posted by al8782

Originally posted by mahsidi
                        hi,

how do i install it. i toothpicked the update.zip

seemed to go ok, it said successfully installed.

i rebooted, nothing but blank screen...

any help
                        What zip did you install the full filename.

Comment

What zip did you install the full filename.
                          I installed this via toothpick, zip intact [didnt unzip] and it said successfully installed. clicked reboot and then blank screen. trying to get back into recovery but can't. i installed it over MediaMan GV2 [m8] android rom.
                          OpenELEC-Amlogic.M8.arm-5.0.8-update.zip 04-May-2015 11:35 108M

Comment

I update from the same rom accept i used OpenELEC-Amlogic.M8.arm-5.0.8.zip. If your not getting recovery you might have to do the probox flash. But before doing that try install the one i used see if you get any joy.

Comment

Originally posted by mahsidi View Post

I installed this via toothpick, zip intact [didnt unzip] and it said successfully installed. clicked reboot and then blank screen. trying to get back into recovery but can't. i installed it over MediaMan GV2 [m8] android rom.
                              OpenELEC-Amlogic.M8.arm-5.0.8-update.zip 04-May-2015 11:35 108M
                              Use the other zip file. The one without update at the end. Extract the file and put all 3 files on a formatted sdcard. Put as card into the box and then do tooth pick. It will auto install.

Comment

I update from the same rom accept i used OpenELEC-Amlogic.M8.arm-5.0.8.zip. If your not getting recovery you might have to do the probox flash. But before doing that try install the one i used see if you get any joy.
                                Thanks guys.

I tried to flash the other firmware. copy and pasted files to a freshly formatted sd card. As my screen is blank. I held the toothpick for 20 secs. and then let go and waited 5 mins for it to either reboot or reset and nothing. nothing at all still black screen. even disconnected power.

I was going to try the probox method.

Im a bit stuck i don't have a male-male usb or a soldering iron. i was hoping to try another method. is there one?

Comment

Working...
                                X