Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8 TV Box with RTL8723bs wifi chip

Hi All,

Been lurking the forms for a while, and before I get started on the hole I dug myself in, I just want to thank Finless Bob and Codesnake for all the work you have done on your roms. You guys are awesome!

Now unfortunately, a great travesty has brought me out of the shadows that has left me stumped. I got careless after flashing a few of my friends and family members M8 boxes to Codesnake Openelec and Finless 1.8 Rom. My father got a new M8 box for me to flash, and without checking the firmware, build, or board, I flashed finless 1.8 and bricked it. Blue light would come on, but nothing else. While messing around inside the box to get the otg to work, I notice that it was not samsung RAM. After looking closer I found out that not only was it not samsung ram like my R .092, but the wifi/bluetooth chip was a RTL8723bs. I have searched high and low for SOME kind of rom for this guy. The only thing that has worked is Codesnakes openelec (oh how I love linux), and Stanes AMLinux. However on stanes ROM I have no network connectivity at all. In Openelec 5.03 I have ethernet, but No wifi. In both roms the remote does not turn bring the device back from standby or shutdown. Interesting enough, at one point, the device would not shut down at all,! Debugging said it didnt have the permission to perform that action!?

Well enough of the sob story, What I would like to know is if there is any one who knows where I can get a ROM (linux or android) that could get wifi back up. Or, if someone can give me some direction to compile a version of openelec with the proper drivers. I would also like to apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors I may have put you though, I have been up for over 40 hours. Here are some pics of the board I took last night, ill try to get a pic of the whole board without the heat sink after I get some shut eye. V no is 1.0 and it does not say m9&m8. Thanks in advanced.

currently all the roms are based on ap6330, seems can not work ok on rtl..... using Enternet lol

Comment

Hi there.

Did someone found some firmware for this box? I got the same issue. Many FW versions get flashed but none of them has wifi working.

Please help!

Comment

I have the firmware that has both wifi and ethernet working but its based on 4.4 and HID touch screen monitors do not work and I need help with getting it to work!

Comment

Hi there! And I have m8 ott box,m8&M9 vo2 motherboard,realtek 8723bs chip but i cant find any rom for this box,please help me,any working rom for this android tv box?

Comment

Hello,

Please try that Firmware:

Neomode

Comment

itry this Firmware but box frozen i proces flashing firmware in sd version,but here in usb burning version:.usb_get_configuration ret=-5 error_msg=sending get cached configuration ioctl failed, win error: The system cannot find the file specified.
              Last edited by gogych; 02-27-2018, 23:43.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180228_085225[1].jpg Views:	1 Size:	136.6 KB ID:	711783 I try this rom with sd card https://probox2.com/probox2-ex-20150...update-method/
                and i have success,my box power on and i have home screen but i cant select anything,no work mouse or remote control,please help me,what to do?
                edit: i used other mouse and this work but now i have new problem:wifi and bloototh no work.How fix this?
                Last edited by gogych; 02-28-2018, 08:50.

Comment

Akaso m8s rtl8723bs OK fw https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...link_copy&tag=

Here is the link to the original firmware (Android 4.4.2) for the Akaso M8S-S812 (WiFi Chip RTL8723BS)

Extract and copy the 3 files on a FAT formatted SD card (SD Card Formatter recommended) and start the box with the SD card and the toothpick method.
                  Firmware installation should be fully automated without any user interaction needed.
                  WIFI OK, BT OK , Kodi 16,1 .....

Comment

Thank you for fw,but I try this firmware before write post here,my box stuck in boot logo with this firmware,no started.

Comment

Originally posted by pashaze View Post
                      Akaso m8s rtl8723bs OK fw https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...link_copy&tag=

Here is the link to the original firmware (Android 4.4.2) for the Akaso M8S-S812 (WiFi Chip RTL8723BS)

Extract and copy the 3 files on a FAT formatted SD card (SD Card Formatter recommended) and start the box with the SD card and the toothpick method.
                      Firmware installation should be fully automated without any user interaction needed.
                      WIFI OK, BT OK , Kodi 16,1 .....
                      Hi Pashaze,

Can you reupload it, please?
                      i need it for my box

i've sent you also a PM

thanks

Comment

for icekrim
                        (Android 4.4.2) for the Akaso M8S-S812 (WiFi Chip RTL8723BS)

Download Dropbox for free. Join more than 500 million users and 400,000 teams using Dropbox Business who already love Dropbox's file backup, sync, and sharing solution.

Comment

try USB_Burning_Tool (USB MALE MALE) flash M8S_aml_upgrade_package_16.0_20160229, if it works then you should be able to lift the real FW from the Sd card

Comment

i need this file too please

Comment

Originally posted by redgrass83 View Post
                              i need this file too please
                              tvboxnews.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf tvboxnews.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Comment

Working...
                              X