Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M8 OTT Android TV Box Possible Brick? (No Blue Light After Flashing Wrong Rom)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8 OTT Android TV Box Possible Brick? (No Blue Light After Flashing Wrong Rom)

Hi guys, I bought an M8 android box the other day and tried Flashing Megatron V2 which resulted in a soft brick? No blue light comes on when I try to power it up.
    I v'e tried using the USB Burning Tool but every Firmware I try to flash gets stuck in a 2% loop. I have pictures of the Mobo (front and back) I have a feeling it's not a M8 like it says on the top shell, I think it may actually be a M8S. (But I don't really know.) :P

According to the MOBO the device is an M8 v8_8 but on the back there's a sticker that says M8S? Does anyone here know what the stock firmware for the v8_8 is? Also the device has no problem being recognised in USB Burning Tool if the mains power is supplied but I can't get the device to show up at all if I just have the USB cable connected?

Any help please?
    Attached Files

Thanks all for the wealth of responses JK but I managed to sort it out. Turns out I just needed to find the right firmware to flash.

Turns out the "M8" Box I have is actually an M8s....

The Firmware that worked for me is called: M8S_S812_2GB_26102015.zip
    https://mega.nz/#!V08yhQ6C!e37b8y7F6...T1b5Ld2vwmTJa0
    (You have to use the Boot Card Maker)

Hope this helps someone else in my situation

Comment

Hi,

I have the same problem. The blue light doesn't starts. I have the M8s too.
      Can you put the steps or put a link to the tutorial to flash? I follow multiple tutorials, with boot boot card maker and I'm desesperate.

Thanks.

Comment

What version is the mobo? do you have any pics of it?

Comment

These are the photos.

Did you short pins 17&18 ?
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Right I'll put it out there for anyone else with our mobo version (so far it works for M8 V8_8 and M8 V8_6)

(THIS IS TO UNBRICK NOT UPDATE YOUR M8)
            (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK)

Things your going to need:
            M8S_S812_2GB_26102015.zip
            Amlogic_SDcardMaker_BootcardMaker_burnBootCard_v1. 0.1.zip
            A Blank SD Card

​1.Download the Firmware from here: https://mega.nz/#!V08yhQ6C!e37b8y7F6...T1b5Ld2vwmTJa0
            and SD Boot Maker from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mf...ard_v1.0.1.rar

2.Once Firmware and SD Card Maker has downloaded, extract each to a folder, insert your blank SD Card and run the SD Card Maker.

3.load your SD Card, check the "To Partion and Format" option and select U-Boot.bin file from the extracted M8S_S812_2GB_26102015.zip NOT FROM THE SD CARD MAKER FOLDER and click "MAKE"

4.Once the Card is Formatted and finished drag the 4 files from the M8S_S812_2GB_26102015.zip (Recovery.img, aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml and bcm4335-ota-20151013.zip) to your now formatted SD CARD.

5.Pop your SD Card into your M8 Box and hold in the Reset Button (in the AV port) and power up the Box.

If all went well the blue light should come on and you should see the Green Android Robot screen with a blue progress bar installing the Firmware. (you can release button now)
            Let it do it's thing and it should reboot back to normal.

Comment

Thanks, but I doesn't work. I don't know why.
              I used the u-boot.bin from the zip.

Comment

I don't know then mate sorry. All I can say is keep trying and don't give up. I thought mine was ready for the bin but managed to get it back.

Comment

I can't unbrick with the sd card maker method with the firmware that the seller provide me today

Comment

pakonat have you tried the usbburn tool?
                    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

I've tried using USB_Burning_Tool_v2.0.0.140306_Alpha_x86, but it doesn't detect anything (maybe a windows 10 problem?).
                      Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Comment

did you try installing world cup drivers as well not to sure about win 10 I know people had issues with win 8

can you try latest version http://bit.do/usb_burntool_s905
                        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by Ploggy View Post
                          Right I'll put it out there for anyone else with our mobo version (so far it works for M8 V8_8 and M8 V8_6)

(THIS IS TO UNBRICK NOT UPDATE YOUR M8)
                          (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK)

Things your going to need:
                          M8S_S812_2GB_26102015.zip
                          Amlogic_SDcardMaker_BootcardMaker_burnBootCard_v1. 0.1.zip
                          A Blank SD Card

​1.Download the Firmware from here: https://mega.nz/#!V08yhQ6C!e37b8y7F6...T1b5Ld2vwmTJa0
                          and SD Boot Maker from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mf...ard_v1.0.1.rar

2.Once Firmware and SD Card Maker has downloaded, extract each to a folder, insert your blank SD Card and run the SD Card Maker.

3.load your SD Card, check the "To Partion and Format" option and select U-Boot.bin file from the extracted M8S_S812_2GB_26102015.zip NOT FROM THE SD CARD MAKER FOLDER and click "MAKE"

4.Once the Card is Formatted and finished drag the 4 files from the M8S_S812_2GB_26102015.zip (Recovery.img, aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml and bcm4335-ota-20151013.zip) to your now formatted SD CARD.

5.Pop your SD Card into your M8 Box and hold in the Reset Button (in the AV port) and power up the Box.

If all went well the blue light should come on and you should see the Green Android Robot screen with a blue progress bar installing the Firmware. (you can release button now)
                          Let it do it's thing and it should reboot back to normal.

Thanks so much - been struggling to get my box back after the supplier gave me cyx_m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150728_SD升级.rar file to update my firmware. Nothing was recovering it. I saw your pics and we have the exact same board. I used your M8S_S812_2GB_26102015.zip and my box came back to life. Thanks again!

Comment

Exactly the same thing happen to me, the supplier did provide the firmware for the update and the box died. Thank you so much for the advice.It works 100%.

Comment

have u got this image to use USB burning tool?

Comment

Working...
                              X