Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M8 OTT Android TV Box Possible Brick? (No Blue Light After Flashing Wrong Rom)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive been trying to get my m8s unbricked for a bout a week now, and finally registered to get some help
    ive attached pictures so you know which box it is
    on the cover it says m8s but when i opened it up it says m8 V8_8
    i can get it recognised by my windows laptop but it gets stuck on 2% so im assuming im using the wrong image.
    The thing is i dont even need to hold down the a/v hole with a pin whilst pluging into the power, its automatically in recovery
    i may also add, ive got no blue light
    Any help would be hugely appreciated as this is not my box as i am borrowing it =[
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Right I'll put it out there for anyone else with our mobo version (so far it works for M8 V8_8 and M8 V8_6)

(THIS IS TO UNBRICK NOT UPDATE YOUR M8)
      (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK)

Things your going to need:
      M8S_S812_2GB_26102015.zip
      Amlogic_SDcardMaker_BootcardMaker_burnBootCard_v1. 0.1.zip
      A Blank SD Card

​1.Download the Firmware from here: https://mega.nz/#!V08yhQ6C!e37b8y7F6...T1b5Ld2vwmTJa0
      and SD Boot Maker from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mf...ard_v1.0.1.rar

2.Once Firmware and SD Card Maker has downloaded, extract each to a folder, insert your blank SD Card and run the SD Card Maker.

3.load your SD Card, check the "To Partion and Format" option and select U-Boot.bin file from the extracted M8S_S812_2GB_26102015.zip NOT FROM THE SD CARD MAKER FOLDER and click "MAKE"

4.Once the Card is Formatted and finished drag the 4 files from the M8S_S812_2GB_26102015.zip (Recovery.img, aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml and bcm4335-ota-20151013.zip) to your now formatted SD CARD.

5.Pop your SD Card into your M8 Box and hold in the Reset Button (in the AV port) and power up the Box.

If all went well the blue light should come on and you should see the Green Android Robot screen with a blue progress bar installing the Firmware. (you can release button now)
      Let it do it's thing and it should reboot back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by tani666 View Post
        Right I'll put it out there for anyone else with our mobo version (so far it works for M8 V8_8 and M8 V8_6)

(THIS IS TO UNBRICK NOT UPDATE YOUR M8)
        (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK)

Things your going to need:
        M8S_S812_2GB_26102015.zip
        Amlogic_SDcardMaker_BootcardMaker_burnBootCard_v1. 0.1.zip
        A Blank SD Card

​1.Download the Firmware from here: https://mega.nz/#!V08yhQ6C!e37b8y7F6...T1b5Ld2vwmTJa0
        and SD Boot Maker from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mf...ard_v1.0.1.rar

2.Once Firmware and SD Card Maker has downloaded, extract each to a folder, insert your blank SD Card and run the SD Card Maker.

3.load your SD Card, check the "To Partion and Format" option and select U-Boot.bin file from the extracted M8S_S812_2GB_26102015.zip NOT FROM THE SD CARD MAKER FOLDER and click "MAKE"

4.Once the Card is Formatted and finished drag the 4 files from the M8S_S812_2GB_26102015.zip (Recovery.img, aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml and bcm4335-ota-20151013.zip) to your now formatted SD CARD.

5.Pop your SD Card into your M8 Box and hold in the Reset Button (in the AV port) and power up the Box.

If all went well the blue light should come on and you should see the Green Android Robot screen with a blue progress bar installing the Firmware. (you can release button now)
        Let it do it's thing and it should reboot back to normal.
        mate ive tried that, no responce from my box
        but it shows up when i plug in usb to usb to my pc
        possible to get the USB burntool rom?

Comment

have you trayed to flash cyx_m8s_v8.6_ap6330_8g2g_kodi_addons_ota_150908_US B.img with usb burning tool from this link https://mega.nz/#!1Fw1Ta5a!0kpwpqjiY...Q-B09FRcGrsAHY

Comment

Rename image file cyx_m8s_v8.6_ap6330_8g2g_kodi_addons_ota_150908_US B.img to example m8.img and try to flash with usb bunrnin tool.If the wifi dont work thanyou have to download this https://mega.nz/#!ZJJ0kLjC!Ur-8oOmga...gK5UfmCaGa68pQ

Comment

rename img file if you see mesage a parsing aimage error.Try this other rom if the other rom failed https://mega.nz/#!R1xjERKL!wfU3ox3iM...7PJm7X1QJCRS1Q

Comment

Originally posted by tani666 View Post
                rename img file if you see mesage a parsing aimage error.Try this other rom if the other rom failed https://mega.nz/#!R1xjERKL!wfU3ox3iM...7PJm7X1QJCRS1Q
                i have tried all these images and still no luck
                i dont need to hold down the pin for it to be recognised in windows, does that mean something?

Comment

Hello. Sorry for my English. I tried to update my M8 tv box with M8_latest.zip.But the wifi wasn't turned on,I tried different options, nothing worked.than I used the Amlogic burning tool, firmware updates but still no WiFi . First tried aml_upgrade_package.img.I flashed Probox, Tronsmart,no WiFi I flashed firmware update from USB stick,than the tv has no signal,I removed the device. Since no blue light and unable to flash with SDcard and the USB burning tool fails by 4% Uboot disk initialize send command error fails.Drivers installed, windows 8.1 recognize the device, connect successful, but by 4%fails to format and getting this error message.I don't know how further, can someone help me please?I used various types of the burning tool, the same thing happen over and over again.I am seeking through all the forums, but nowhere is information about what is this Uboot COMP,Uboot Disk,etc.thanks for all the help in advance.can this device still be saved​? However I have a new one now,not M8 ( this device was always troubled,wifi was always weak) i don't want to give up, can be used in my son's bedroom,if I can ever get him back to live.

Comment

Hello dear friends, my apologies if i am in the wrong section, as my Android M8N has been bricked, it looks like i am also going through a brick wall. i have done all the possibilities unfortunately could not reach a solution. my problem is i accidently upgraded to lolliypop after that it went BRICK, when inserting the power cable in blue light comes on momentarily then no blue light and no activity, i tried original firmware by using bootcard maker, or USB burning tool method unfortunately no success, so before i go shorting pins and do more damages, i would like someone to direct me to the correct path.
                    I have attached some photos of the box.
                    Thank you and cheers
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Hi kendo. Did you manage to get the box fixed? I have same mobo and no blue light, I have tried lots of ROMs using boot card maker and usb flash but still no blue light or remote control use. Surely someone knows how this can be fixed

Comment

Hi Marfox78. still not fixed and i am facing a BRICK wall. if you get yours fixed please share it with me, cheers, kendo

Comment

I don't think this forum much help

Comment

Working...
                          X