Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to increase internet speed via wifi & ethernet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to increase internet speed via wifi & ethernet?

Hi all,

I've got a M8 K200, S802, 2GB 8GB box and a 72Mb download speed but can never seem to get any faster than 20 - 30 at a max. I am usually ethernet straight in rather than wifi.
    Is there any firmware or the likes that could "unlock" the speed cap or is this more of a hardware limitation?

Thanks in advance!

I guess it depends on what you need the box to do. I am wired on mine to a 25MB download stream and have no issue with the 100mb connection. 20-30 seems workable for most scenarios the box would need to perform under. Streaming HD video requires less than what you are seeing. If Kodi is buffering, Advanced Settings can help. Give us a little more to go on.
    Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Hmm.. perhaps
      Google market: Bioncle tcp buffer tweak

Goodluck

Comment

I'm actually ok with buffering most time - I just checked and I seem to be running more at 15mb these days...
        Hmmm, maybe I am just being greedy haha.
        Will check out TCP Buffer!

Comment

Again, what difficulties is this speed giving your S802? I have no issues running Kodi, Web apps, just about any Android app. I am running Just Me's custom ROM (1.9) and he has them tuned nicely. His & Finless ROMs do a better job on this box then the stock.

Comment

Originally posted by cjeman View Post
            Again, what difficulties is this speed giving your S802? I have no issues running Kodi, Web apps, just about any Android app. I am running Just Me's custom ROM (1.9) and he has them tuned nicely. His & Finless ROMs do a better job on this box then the stock.

Good to know, will need to give JustMe and Finless a try. Is there a huge difference between 1.9 and the public 1.6 of JustMe? More than happy to donate and subscribe but will give 1.6 a try first.

Comment

1.9 is much better than 1.6c. Make sure that you follow his instructions on how to install. Subscribing is the best way to go. 1.6c uses standard recovery. 1.9 uses TWRP.

Comment

going to rls a video on how to do it as well new v2.0 coming out next few days
                Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Hmmmm, try to change the internet provider.. I also had these problems with the old provider. I was very annoyed. I couldn't work properly. And I had to do webinars. In the end, I decided to change the provider. I have been looking for a long time and a friend advised me to use usave.co.uk. I tried it and was delighted. The prices are minimal, various packages and the speed is very good. I stayed on this provider and do not regret it. So, think about switching to another provider, the speed will be much higher!
                  Last edited by Uranusman; 07-07-2020, 17:22.

Comment

Working...
                  X