Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTT M8S box with board M9&M8_8bit_v1.1 With Lollipop 5.1.1 WiFi and LAN working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT M8S box with board M9&M8_8bit_v1.1 With Lollipop 5.1.1 WiFi and LAN working.

I posted this in another thread to reply to someone but this I think it needs its own thread.

I have an OTT M8S box with board M9&M8_8bit_v1.1. This has the 1GB Ram. The wifi chip is KM3213111 XJ-A. The sticker on back says M8S E 4335. IF you have this board you probably have bricked it at least one time trying to find a ROM.

I have tried many ROMs for this device. If you flash the wrong image, you could cause this device to NOT boot from SD card. Even if you have the correct U-bin, it will not boot from SD. Matricom image would corrupt the partition table and make it hard to recover. Only shorting the pins and using usb burning tool would recover it.

The only way I recovered this device was shorting the pins 17-18 on the nand, then flashing cyx_m8s_v8.6_bcm4335_8g2g_kodi_addons_160125_USB.i mg.

The box would not boot and when it did NO WIFI.

I then flashed M8S (WiFi Compatibility) This is Kit Kat and it works. But I need to get off kitkat since my STB Emulator would not run.

I finally found a 5.1.1 TWRP recovery hosted over at XDA. I got it from this thread
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-stick--console-computers/amlogic/m8s-ap6330-lollipop-5-1-1-rom-t3585627/page4

On page 5, aiemassfiria posted a TWRP recovery of 5.1.1 based on a ghostware build.

I downloaded M8S_Standart5.1.1_ROM.zip– M8S 5.1.1 StandartROM and it successfully flashed over the
    cyx_m8s_v8.6_bcm4335_8g2g_kodi_addons_160125_USB.i mg.

I was then able to use TWRP to flash Gapps Pico install to get the play store on it. After the flash, I factory reset the device, Ran through setup wizard and play store updated and is working. After installing the Gapps you need to factory reset. Connected LAN and it will work. WIFI will work. Be patient use the setup wizard and be patient. It will finally go through and update google services. My problem was keyboard would NOT come up but after some going back to start of the wizard and proceed to wifi setup, if finally checked for updates and updated google services. Play store works fine.

I wish someone could direct me to a 5.1.1 image for USB burning tool but this TWRP works and has root and you will be impressed how well it runs on this old box.

So many variants of this box but this works when so many other fail or corrupt the partitions.

EDIT:

I suspect that there probably ROMS that will flash on this device but I ran into several errors when SD and TWRPing images. Mainly the
    this package is for "n200c" devices, this is a "k200". I ran into this when trying to build my own flashable image of my working firmware. If anyone has advice or a "better" method to get Lollipop on this box it would be great! I also have to note that the IR remote config file from the 4.4 image did not work but I pulled one from a rom running on a h96Pro+ box and bam, remote works. Power, home volume. Just not the colored buttons.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180418_084317.jpg Views:	2 Size:	165.2 KB ID:	720868Click image for larger version  Name:	20180418_084258.jpg Views:	2 Size:	165.8 KB ID:	720869
    Last edited by waylotul; 04-19-2018, 00:16.
Working...
X