Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
    Not quite sure what you want to do.

if it root the box go through your andriod ui launcher and do update via that way either sd card or usb stick just extract the items onto your prefered storage device.

why do you need jumper for this? unless you want to adb to the box

if you cannot get into the andriod ui , then just add recovery file from finless rom or acemax or my roms and do the toothpick ,method this will get you the normal recover mode.
    Just tried rooting my m8 Clone with this, it comes up with

e:Failed to Verify whole-file signiture
    E:signiture verification failed
    Installation aborted

Any ideas on this?
    What do you mean above by add the recoveries from the other Roms . How do I do that? Will that help?

Cheers

Comment

Signature error...

Hi everyone,

Thank you for this tutoral.

But I am having a issue.. I am always getting the error mesage: "failed to verify the whole-file signature".

Can someone help me?

Comment

[QUOTE=omegalfa;265933]Hi everyone,

But I am having a issue.. I am always getting the error mesage: "failed to verify the whole-file signature".

Can someone help me?[/QUO

FIRST let me apologise for being noob.. whats the benefit of rooting ...it to completely wipe your box de it allow you to do sumtin else.

Comment

Originally posted by omegalfa View Post
          Hi everyone,

Can someone help me?
          Run TWRP from SD card from this thread

Extract TWRP, place on root of external SD, power off the device, reboot device with external SD inserted and pressing the reset button and it will boot in to TWRP recovery that is on external SD, then use this to run the rooting zip file

Comment

Originally posted by wilx View Post
            Run TWRP from SD card from this thread

Extract TWRP, place on root of external SD, power off the device, reboot device with external SD inserted and pressing the reset button and it will boot in to TWRP recovery that is on external SD, then use this to run the rooting zip file

Thanks for for your help I gota boot.bin file from another thread and it works a treat now I just gota figure out all the good stuff this box can do..next is geting my xbmc to work properly..one lie issue I had doe was mx player ask to download a codex when I try watch a show in show box and ounces I downloaded the codex the sound went out of sync with the stream is their any fix for that thanks.

Comment

MX (Pro) works great for me, reinstall MX, then install the Neon codec:

Comment

Would this work on the M8S as well ? anyone tried it ? started my box today and root is lost (feel locked with this box :-(

Comment

привет установил вот эту прошивку http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...M8-Square-Box= на m8 xbmc amlogic s802 не могу войти в меню настроек,когда открываю его а она не открывается вылетает что делать не знаю помогите кто знает спасибо

Comment

Bob, is there any update for the latest android 5.x.x ?
                    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ricey155 View Post
                      Would this work on the M8S as well ? anyone tried it ? started my box today and root is lost (feel locked with this box :-(
                      Any luck with this? I would really love to unlock my ott TV s812 m8s (square) but am hesitant given how little information there is for this box.

Comment

NO luck I went with openelec in the end, the box works a lot better

Originally posted by Damien View Post
                        Any luck with this? I would really love to unlock my ott TV s812 m8s (square) but am hesitant given how little information there is for this box.

Comment

Hi,

I am searching for an IMG firmware for M8C (S802 AmLogic based with 2GB RAM, 8GB ROM, 2Ghz CPU, 5MP camera). I already flashed it (trying to recover it from a softbrick) with this firmware M82_108k4.img with USB Burning Tool v2.0.4.3 tool and an USB cable connected to the external USB OTG port. Unbricking was successful but the problem is that M82_108k4.img doesn't support the camera and the remote control. That's why I am searching for proper IMG firmware file for my M8C to make it again fullyfunctional.

Can somebody help me?

Comment

Working...
                          X