Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM Download] Stock Firmware For M8 Amlogic S802 Quad Core TV Box with XBMC and Google Play Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM Download] Stock Firmware For M8 Amlogic S802 Quad Core TV Box with XBMC and Google Play Store

Since we have got the M8 sample for a while, but the first sample are lacking the google service, so we don’t post firmware and review for this model.

Recently, we just get the firmware from factory ( hope they can have the firmware release faster ) and want to share with you guys:

Firmware Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ln...2014A_0414.rar

firmware password is geekbuying.com

This firmware already built in XBMC and Google Play store. Finally a version which i can do the test.

If you don’t know how to update the firmware, here is the instruction:

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...mlogic-device/

Compare with the tronsmart vega s89, the M8 have the square shape, if people don’t like the shape of vega s89, then you can get this model.

However bad news is the M8 still out of stock till now. the factory said the first bulk will come in the 20th April, We will see.

GeekBuying
    Source from: http://bit.ly/1iCymmE
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

So is this newer firmware than the M8 download I had called k200-ota-20140410.zip??
    download name was M8_K200A_ap6330_03102014A_0410_ROOT.rar
    That had play store and XBMC as well.

This now looks like 0414 so maybe it is newer. I will have a look!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hi guys,

A new FW has been linked by ENY for this square box. i have not tested it but will pass it along.

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

4/18/14 date

Comment

Evy have
        M8_K200A_ap6330_03102014A_0327-Em8.rar
        保存至网盘 下载(343.67M) 二维码

M8_K200A_ap6330_03102014A_0326.rar
        保存至网盘 下载(343.68M) 二维码
        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

new rom

can not install it looks like my M8 is unrooted,come w/ software with out XBMC an with with out play store

Comment

Bought the M8 from tomato

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post

Since we have got the M8 sample for a while, but the first sample are lacking the google service, so we don’t post firmware and review for this model.

Recently, we just get the firmware from factory ( hope they can have the firmware release faster ) and want to share with you guys:

Firmware Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ln...2014A_0414.rar

firmware password is geekbuying.com

This firmware already built in XBMC and Google Play store. Finally a version which i can do the test.

If you don’t know how to update the firmware, here is the instruction:

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...mlogic-device/

Compare with the tronsmart vega s89, the M8 have the square shape, if people don’t like the shape of vega s89, then you can get this model.

However bad news is the M8 still out of stock till now. the factory said the first bulk will come in the 20th April, We will see.

GeekBuying
            Source from: http://bit.ly/1iCymmE

hello sir

i have got the shipment of M8 Android Tv Box
            now after thorough testing i have found a bug which cannot be repaired by me

the problem is that the stock os comes with XBMC Gotham Beta 1 preinstalled now when i play the stock XBMC it plays fine but you know that XBMC is out of Beta and into RC1 stage and if i uninstall the Beta 1 and load the RC1 it installs fine but if i try to play any video only the audio part plays and there is no video i have tried it with all versions of Gotham Beta but no video there is some bug in the OS.

i have even flashed the Box with your linked os GeekBuying_M8_K200A_ap6330_03102014A_0414.rar but still the same happens.

and if i try to modify the stock rom to load it with the Gotham RC1 it does not flash gives me a signature error

please help me with this

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              hello sir

the problem is that the stock os comes with XBMC Gotham Beta 1 preinstalled now when i play the stock XBMC it plays fine but you know that XBMC is out of Beta and into RC1 stage and if i uninstall the Beta 1 and load the RC1 it installs fine but if i try to play any video only the audio part plays and there is no video i have tried it with all versions of Gotham Beta but no video there is some bug in the OS.

i have even flashed the Box with your linked os GeekBuying_M8_K200A_ap6330_03102014A_0414.rar but still the same happens.

and if i try to modify the stock rom to load it with the Gotham RC1 it does not flash gives me a signature error

please help me with this

Thanks
              Im in the same boat....

Comment

[ROM Download] Stock Firmware For M8 Amlogic S802 Quad Core TV Box with XBMC ...

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
                Im in the same boat....
                Try redownloading XBMC and try again. There was a version that had video play problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Root dthe device

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Comment

Fix for your issue!

hello sir

please help me with this

Thanks
                    Device must be rooted! You can root it same as Tronsmart Vega S89, done it myself. And then in terminal you have to enter this command to fix no video issue in xbmc:
                    su -
                    chmod 666 /dev/am*
                    ls -l /dev/am*

Comment

Would the SuperSU program do the same from the Google Playstore?

Comment

Root

Originally posted by dlangejc View Post
                        Would the SuperSU program do the same from the Google Playstore?

Do this, http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...oot-ZIP-update to root it, then get some terminal app from play store, I used Rom toolbox

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

hello sir

please help me with this

Thanks
                            I believe if you go into system setting(expert mode) then video>acceleration you need to disable the top and bottom and just have libstagefright enabled.

Comment

hello sir

please help me with this

Thanks
                              Hi I had also same problem, I got solution , so first go in video setting !go down at setting level to go advanced setting , click on acceleration turn on hardware accelerated and turn off amcodec and mediacodec,just on libstagefright and shut down xbmc, and turn on xbmc and try any video. After that u can change acceleration setting to software if u need .

Comment

Working...
                              X