New Firmware 0617 for M8 Amlogic S802 Quad Core Android TV BOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Firmware 0617 for M8 Amlogic S802 Quad Core Android TV BOX

Hi Guys glad to receive the new Firmware for M8 Amlogic S802 Quad Core Android TVBOX, which has solve the problems we have met before, share with all of you today.

Below is the change log:

1. with XBMC new version 13.1 installed

2. the screen problem with video playback when the resolution is not 1080P

3. support 4K*2K video now

Download link: M8 Amlogic S802 version 0617

password: geekbuying.com

Update instruction:

Download the firmware from the above link. decompress the file.

Prepare a SD card, and format the card, copy the file to SD Card – Make sure your device is powered off and power cable removed.

Insert SD card with extracted files in root directory

Connect your M8 tv box with your TV or monitor via HDMI, so you can check on the screen;Insert a match or a toothpick to reset button – you will feel a click. (the reset button is in the AV hole in the back)

Power on the M8 tv box by inserting power cable, while holding the match in the reset hole.

it will boot to recovery and now connect a USB mouse with your m8 tv box, and choose update from ext, and then choose update from external sd card, and apply the update.

The system will inform you when the update finished, and then reboot the M8 tv box, and finish the update.

That’s all.

Any questions, feel free to contact us.

Geekbuying CM Team
    [email protected]
    Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

Isn't it for the square one?
    If yes, then it is this sub forum to place this post:
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      Isn't it for the square one?
      If yes, then it is this sub forum to place this post:
      http://www.freaktab.com/forumdisplay...Box-AML-Device
      It's for square one.
      Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Yes, it's for the square one. I will inform bob to move it to the right thread. Thanks for you guys.
        Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for providing the new firmware - I have installed in on my Amlogic S802 square box. It looks ok however I still have issues with XMBC where it is not stable. With the provided XBMC 13.1 version in this firmware after watching a movie for about 30 mins it just stops playing (audio/video is frozen). After pause and play the video continued playing however the resolution has been changed...

I have tried quite some different firmware versions now at it looks like XBMC is the main reason the tv box is not stable. Previously I have issue; video was frozen but audio playing or I did not get video at all. The firmware it self is stable but issues are concentrated at XBMC.

Any clue how to resolve this?

Thanks,
          Wim

Originally posted by GeekBuying_Rep View Post

Hi Guys glad to receive the new Firmware for M8 Amlogic S802 Quad Core Android TVBOX, which has solve the problems we have met before, share with all of you today.

Below is the change log:

Update instruction:

Prepare a SD card, and format the card, copy the file to SD Card – Make sure your device is powered off and power cable removed.

Connect your M8 tv box with your TV or monitor via HDMI, so you can check on the screen;Insert a match or a toothpick to reset button – you will feel a click. (the reset button is in the AV hole in the back)

Power on the M8 tv box by inserting power cable, while holding the match in the reset hole.

it will boot to recovery and now connect a USB mouse with your m8 tv box, and choose update from ext, and then choose update from external sd card, and apply the update.

The system will inform you when the update finished, and then reboot the M8 tv box, and finish the update.

That’s all.

Geekbuying CM Team
          [email protected]

Comment

Maybe you can try this XBMC version:http://www.mediafire.com/download/ar...EricGeekbuying
            Originally posted by wfolkerts View Post
            Hi,Thanks for providing the new firmware - I have installed in on my Amlogic S802 square box. It looks ok however I still have issues with XMBC where it is not stable. With the provided XBMC 13.1 version in this firmware after watching a movie for about 30 mins it just stops playing (audio/video is frozen). After pause and play the video continued playing however the resolution has been changed...I have tried quite some different firmware versions now at it looks like XBMC is the main reason the tv box is not stable. Previously I have issue; video was frozen but audio playing or I did not get video at all. The firmware it self is stable but issues are concentrated at XBMC.Any clue how to resolve this?Thanks,Wim
            Looking for developers
            http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

link's dead, try oman,

Comment

Do you think this will solve my instability issues before I install this version?

Originally posted by washere View Post

Comment

Can you provide me a working link?

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
                  Maybe you can try this XBMC version:http://www.mediafire.com/download/ar...EricGeekbuying

Comment

Originally posted by wfolkerts View Post
                    Do you think this will solve my instability issues before I install this version?
                    it's stable for most, try.

Comment

Just to show you that ENY or Acemax seems to not be doing ANYTHING NEW on their ROMs.

Beelink and Minix have had several releases now based on "new" AML sources and ENY or Acemax have had NONE!

Goes to show you how much they want to invest in users and their boxes. They should at least produce a factory ROM based on several recently released AML sources!

You guys maybe stuck on FreakTab ported or custom ROMs compiled from stock sources BUT...... alas..... most the Dev's are working on Beelink and Minix... Why, because THEY are supporting the dev's here!

ENY or Acemax, WHERE ARE YOU?
                      Show support or help the Dev's or sorry to say, this product might be short lived.... Does the Imito product line ring a bell? Pretty sure no one is buying those anymore due to lack of support from the company! And that is sad because Imito products at the start were great products... They just let them die!

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        Just to show you that ENY or Acemax seems to not be doing ANYTHING NEW on their ROMs.

Beelink and Minix have had several releases now based on "new" AML sources and ENY or Acemax have had NONE!

Goes to show you how much they want to invest in users and their boxes. They should at least produce a factory ROM based on several recently released AML sources!

You guys maybe stuck on FreakTab ported or custom ROMs compiled from stock sources BUT...... alas..... most the Dev's are working on Beelink and Minix... Why, because THEY are supporting the dev's here!

ENY or Acemax, WHERE ARE YOU?
                        Show support or help the Dev's or sorry to say, this product might be short lived.... Does the Imito product line ring a bell? Pretty sure no one is buying those anymore due to lack of support from the company! And that is sad because Imito products at the start were great products... They just let them die!

Bob
                        They are too busy with the "NEW" s805 model who cares about the customers!

Comment

is this the newest firmware for the M8

want looking for the new firmware and found this, is this the newest firmware for the sqaure ,
                          M8?

http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?sharei...0140616&page=1 ?????

CHEERS

Comment

Originally posted by doingok43 View Post
                            want looking for the new firmware and found this, is this the newest firmware for the sqaure ,
                            M8?

http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?sharei...0140616&page=1 ?????

CHEERS

Comment

please help cant reset

[QUOTE=GeekBuying_Rep;193868]

Below is the change log:

Update instruction:

That’s all.

Geekbuying CM Team
                              [email protected][/QUOT

i downloaded the firmwire and everything. I pressed reset botton but now it won.t switch on . The led light is always on but it wont switch on. Please help thanks Karen

Comment

Working...
                              X