Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome:

Originally posted by Josh.5 View Post
    I have an addon to allow full control of various system settings including network settings such as static IP for eth and wlan, cpu overclock, full system backups/restore. Everything works atm. Just currently beta testing. Eta early next month
    That will be awesome!
    Please let me know when will you release this new app.

I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Kim

Comment

stane:

Hi,
      sorry for inconveniences. Downloads are restored now (most of them).
      Another news for Amlogic MX devices is that I compiled Kodi 14.0 final for Android 4.2.2. This might not work on all devices (because of different SDKs released by Amlogic), but who is interested it’s under downloads.

Comment

System question

What would Stane's MX Linux k200 be considered on a 2g s802 ENY EM8? Linux 32 bit? or Linux 64 bit?

Comment

New App is READY?

I have an addon to allow full control of various system settings including network settings such as static IP for eth and wlan, cpu overclock, full system backups/restore. Everything works atm. Just currently beta testing. Eta early next month
          Hi Josh,

Your new Beta testing App is ready?
          I really like to change IP address so I could use both boxes same time on my network.

Also this AMLinux updated with Kodi stable version yet?
          I have M8 Black Square Box with 2GB / 8GB S802. AMLinux is installed with old XBMC 13.2. I wish if Stane is updated with Kodi 14 yet?

Thnx,
          Kim

Comment

There is some issue with unzipping ENY EM8 file...

Please check and post.

Comment

Originally posted by KimKnott View Post
              Hi Josh,

Your new Beta testing App is ready?
              I really like to change IP address so I could use both boxes same time on my network.
              Yes.
              However, it's looking like much of it has become proprietary (sold it). But watch this space, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post44928093, for information on what may become public release.

In the mean time, if you can SSH into your box.
              type
              Code:
              nano /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/####
              Where "####" is the name of your Wifi connection.
              under "[ipv4]" edit to the following:

Code:
              method=manual
              address1=192.168.1.2/24,192.168.1.1
              Restart and you should be away

Comment

Yes.
                However, it's looking like much of it has become proprietary (sold it). But watch this space, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post44928093, for information on what may become public release.

In the mean time, if you can SSH into your box.
                type
                Code:
                nano /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/####
                Where "####" is the name of your Wifi connection.
                under "[ipv4]" edit to the following:

Code:
                method=manual
                address1=192.168.1.2/24,192.168.1.1
                Restart and you should be away
                So typed following when I get successful login from SSH terminal...

#nano /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/ipv4

and then press enter and enter following IP

method=manual
                address1=192.168.1.200/24,192.168.1.1

save this and reboot. I would like to assign 200 IP range instead of 2.

I am using with CAT5 cable direct Ethernet Connection with my M8. Not using WiFi
                Last edited by KimKnott; 02-07-2015, 11:03.

Comment

Under "system-connections/" you will see a document named the same as you wireless router. Use nano to open that file
                  What you have done above is incorrect.

Comment

Under "system-connections/" you will see a document named the same as you wireless router. Use nano to open that file
                    What you have done above is incorrect.
                    Hi,

I already checked in that system-connections folder by ls and there is no such a folder or file there.

I did verify by pwd command to make sure I am in right or wrong folder.

Comment

Originally posted by KimKnott View Post
                      Hi,

I already checked in that system-connections folder by ls and there is no such a folder or file there.

I did verify by pwd command to make sure I am in right or wrong folder.
                      You must not have connected to the wireless network yet. First use the Network Manager to connect to the wireless network, then carry out the above steps.

Comment

hi all been running stane Linux download since i got my M8 and cant fault stanes work it runs perfect but we got ow selfs a 4k tv few months back and as this only runs 720 60hz i am thinking of getting my self the new Armada 8 pure Linux box to get the 1080 and 4k picture.

My question is this is there still a future Linux version from stane in the works that will play 1080 and 4k or not ? .

I and im sure many others out there would be willing to pay a set prices for the download just thinking out lowed here.

I just dont want to go out and pay for a new M8 that has linux if stanes going to be offering it as i would rather pay him.

Comment

Hey guys, I have an issue with the date and time in stane's latest Linux build, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions... Upon initial boot up it seems to take a long time to find the current time and date, it just shows 1969, usually it finds it randomly after 10 or 15 minutes of rebooting, but then sometimes after weeks I'll turn it on and it will go back to 1969 again, any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                          X