Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8 1008 new firmware

Anyone know about this new firmware?

I found the link in geekbuying and acemax. Seems to be the same. If not, please correct me:

M8N 201409
    reference: http://www.acemax.net.cn/downloading...center-14.html
    download: https://mega.co.nz/#!Y8FRgZKB!uVsNKf...yDxtHC5_UruBNk

M8 20141008
    reference: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ased-20141008/
    download: http://www.mediafire.com/view/6bs0km...2-20140929.rar

It does look newer than what I made 1.8 with. Leaving town for a few days so will check back later and see what people think of this as a base.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: M8 1008 new firmware

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      It does look newer than what I made 1.8 with. Leaving town for a few days so will check back later and see what people think of this as a base.

Bob
      Enjoy , finless, if its new and solves some issues on your releases especially video interlacing ,its time for finless 1.9 for M8 or M8N...thanks.

Comment

This firmware is date 20140807 test keys, seem like its older, it also comes with XBMC 13.2 beta.... I'm trying it out and lets see...

Comment

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
          This firmware is date 20140807 test keys, seem like its older, it also comes with XBMC 13.2 beta.... I'm trying it out and lets see...
          In Acemax page there are both, 0807 and 1008 (or 0929). Did you compare they? Confirm thats the same? So, it's a acemax fake new.

From acemax suport page:

M8N Software 201409
          https://mega.co.nz/#!Y8FRgZKB!uVsNKf...yDxtHC5_UruBNk

20140807 SW (when reflash finished, you need to do factory resetting)
          MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

If someone confirms the 0901 firmware is good and has no interlacing, I will make a ROM from it.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I'll flash and confirm no interlacing if someone can offer a couple examples of videos which typically cause the problem. Perhaps send specific links (e.g., movreel) to PM.

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              If someone confirms the 0901 firmware is good and has no interlacing, I will make a ROM from it.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by seymourtv View Post
                I'll flash and confirm no interlacing if someone can offer a couple examples of videos which typically cause the problem. Perhaps send specific links (e.g., movreel) to PM.
                Icefilms-OTHER-Popular-The victoria secret show 2013 (not 2012)-Source2 is the good video to check Interlacing

Comment

Just so i'm clear on this. Is the firmware built into the rom when flashing eg. Finless 1.8, or is it separate like you can do on an android phone?
                  M8N Quad Core Android 4.4
                  JustMe v1.5 ported v2

Comment

Anyone Confirm What This Updates?

I bought this box from geekbuying and updated months back with the

New Firmware 0617 for M8 Amlogic S802 Quad Core Android TV BOX

So I am curious to know if anyone has actually updated there M8 box that they purchased from geekbuying with the new ROM UPDATE below

M8 Amlogic S802 TV Box Latest Firmware Released 20141008

If it was successful can you verify what it actually updated.. Because there is no info posted on the geekbuying site other than a link..

any help appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                      Icefilms-OTHER-Popular-The victoria secret show 2013 (not 2012)-Source2 is the good video to check Interlacing
                      Using Oman's XBMC 13.2, interlacing is intermittent on the sample video....IMO not as pronounced as on V1.8 though.

The sample video did not stream very well and stopped while buffering which may affect the interlacing.

Seen it happen with other streaming videos as well , but was able to clear it by stop/start or skipping forwards/backwards.

Comment

Deleted

Comment

Originally posted by dy57 View Post
                          Using Oman's XBMC 13.2, interlacing is intermittent on the sample video....IMO not as pronounced as on V1.8 though.

The sample video did not stream very well and stopped while buffering which may affect the interlacing.

Seen it happen with other streaming videos as well , but was able to clear it by stop/start or skipping forwards/backwards.
                          Resuming, the interlacing issue remains in this firmware.

Comment

New firmware 20141114

Seems there are another junk firmware from official sources:

Hi, glad to share M8 TV box latest firmware, please check below information: Download link: M8 S802 TV BOX FIRMWARE Password: geekbuying.com Flash method: 1, UnZip the “M8 TV BOX Amlogic S802 169451-20141112” file, and copy the files inside to a SD card’s root directory. 2, Connect M8 box to a screen with HDMI cable, press […]

anyone can test it in order to verify if thats interlacing issues remains?

Comment

Originally posted by marciniak View Post
                              Seems there are another junk firmware from official sources:

Hi, glad to share M8 TV box latest firmware, please check below information: Download link: M8 S802 TV BOX FIRMWARE Password: geekbuying.com Flash method: 1, UnZip the “M8 TV BOX Amlogic S802 169451-20141112” file, and copy the files inside to a SD card’s root directory. 2, Connect M8 box to a screen with HDMI cable, press […]

anyone can test it in order to verify if thats interlacing issues remains?
                              I have not fully checked it but i think its a September rom release, I'll check it out tomorrow or day after
                              Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Working...
                              X