• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACEMAX M8N new updating software 20150119 with kodi

hi, dear all
    following link for acemax M8N 20150119 software with Kodi
    also fix some bugs
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

all revelant software downloading

blog support

Originally posted by acemaxtec View Post
    hi, dear all
    also fix some bugs
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

blog support
    http://acemax.net.cn/blog/
    I hope this fix helps solve the issues with live tv freezing horribly on hd channels

Comment

These boxes are a mess. I can't put this new update on because when i try to,it starts and then i get a message that "this package is for "m8n" device;this is a "k200". Funny, as the bottom of my box clearly says m8n on it

Comment

Is there any change log regarding the bug fixes? Does this rom solve the sleep/wifi disconnect/ freeze bug?

Sent from my H30-U10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by longodongo View Post
          These boxes are a mess. I can't put this new update on because when i try to,it starts and then i get a message that "this package is for "m8n" device;this is a "k200". Funny, as the bottom of my box clearly says m8n on it
          tks , and just ask our guys double checked, it is ok at our side...on our M8N

Comment

tks , and just ask our guys double checked, it is ok at our side...on our M8N
            you make no sense and avoiding his questions and kodi is dead for most repos is that the change log just "kodi app" hmmm
            Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

¿M8n and m8 are equal? ¿Can I then updated my m8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So is this a firmware with problems again???anybody tried??with M8N box pcb M9&M8_V1.0 2014/07/07...come on acemax people pls...

Comment

Originally posted by warlock09 View Post
                  So is this a firmware with problems again???anybody tried??with M8N box pcb M9&M8_V1.0 2014/07/07...come on acemax people pls...
                  I'm going to try it the second I get home from work. I have the same exact M8N PCB. I'll post my results after I try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by punktunes9 View Post
                    I'm going to try it the second I get home from work. I have the same exact M8N PCB. I'll post my results after I try it out.
                    OK ,thanks.cant try it coz im still at work.let me know if it flashes fine and any issues you encounter!

Comment

First off, I am using the M8N (PCB: M9&M8_V1.0 2014/07/07, New style square remote).

I previously had mediaman's NCv3 ROM, including the NCv3 recovery, which has been reported to have problems. I forced recovery using the Reset button, and the ROM started to load, but froze at about 10% completed.

I then used USB Burning Tool to flash the image posted by acemaxtec here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...5-M8N-img-file

After flashing, I booted up that image, and used the MBox Settings to update to the 20150119 ROM. This time, the ROM loaded and booted without problem.

Ookla speedtest is showing about a 5mbps improvement on both DL and UL, compared to pretty much all other ROMs.

It does have some version of Kodi, but it crashed the first time I ran it. I uninstalled it, got SuperSU installed and updated, then got Kodi 14.0 Stable off the web. Now it runs great, and snappy. All the usual superuser commands are executed on startup. Tested it with a 1.95GB 1080p video and didn't see any interlacing. It also didn't buffer at all.

It uses the new, square style M8N remote by default. JustMe's Remote Updator might work to go back to the old remote.

It has Play Store. No hangups after logging in, but framework will need an update.

Netflix plays fine, although there are the occasional glitches on change in video quality, which I've seen on other ROMs.

I've only tested standby for short periods of time, but it has worked flawlessly. Wifi takes a couple extra seconds to connect on wakeup, but its worth it when actually reconnects and doesn't freeze.

Has anyone else tried this on the M8N yet? I haven't used it much, so take this with a grain of salt.

Comment

many thanks for your sharing.

First off, I am using the M8N (PCB: M9&M8_V1.0 2014/07/07, New style square remote).

I previously had mediaman's NCv3 ROM, including the NCv3 recovery, which has been reported to have problems. I forced recovery using the Reset button, and the ROM started to load, but froze at about 10% completed.

I then used USB Burning Tool to flash the image posted by acemaxtec here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...5-M8N-img-file

After flashing, I booted up that image, and used the MBox Settings to update to the 20150119 ROM. This time, the ROM loaded and booted without problem.

Ookla speedtest is showing about a 5mbps improvement on both DL and UL, compared to pretty much all other ROMs.

It does have some version of Kodi, but it crashed the first time I ran it. I uninstalled it, got SuperSU installed and updated, then got Kodi 14.0 Stable off the web. Now it runs great, and snappy. All the usual superuser commands are executed on startup. Tested it with a 1.95GB 1080p video and didn't see any interlacing. It also didn't buffer at all.

It uses the new, square style M8N remote by default. JustMe's Remote Updator might work to go back to the old remote.

It has Play Store. No hangups after logging in, but framework will need an update.

Netflix plays fine, although there are the occasional glitches on change in video quality, which I've seen on other ROMs.

I've only tested standby for short periods of time, but it has worked flawlessly. Wifi takes a couple extra seconds to connect on wakeup, but its worth it when actually reconnects and doesn't freeze.

Has anyone else tried this on the M8N yet? I haven't used it much, so take this with a grain of salt.

Comment

v5 ROM created from this firmware. Looks like it fixes the recovery issue

Comment

Originally posted by hackadroid View Post
                            v5 ROM created from this firmware. Looks like it fixes the recovery issue

http://mbox.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=303
                            Hey thanks bud. My box actually took this update and will try it out. I'm going to try every available thing for this,it's kind of fun and frustrating at the same time,haha. Just tried netflix on this rom,and it works really good,very good video quality. Can't wait to install a stable xbmc and trying that out.
                            Last edited by longodongo; 01-21-2015, 07:51.

Comment

hi, dear all
                              also fix some bugs

blog support
                              http://acemax.net.cn/blog/
                              Some people are reporting that the network interfaces get disabled after about 5 minutes

Can you test and confirm please?

Comment

Working...
                              X