No announcement yet.

ACEMAX M8N new updating software 20150119 with kodi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same on both wi-fi and ethernet.....turn in on....connectivity goes after a short time, maybe 10-15 minutes or so. Seems a number of people have this problem and yet many others don't. I wonder if there slight differences in the motherboards even though all dated the same?

[edit] My box came with the old remote which I guess means it's one the first M8Ns.

Comment

warlock.. the M8N with nanya chips are the later model M8N since they changed the ram chips brand from samsung to nanya. Nanya M8N are not clones.

Comment

Originally posted by luke71933 View Post
        warlock.. the M8N with nanya chips are the later model M8N since they changed the ram chips brand from samsung to nanya. Nanya M8N are not clones.
        Ok..got it..but try this on your M8N..you will see the difference of what rom your using now im guessing your using aug .27...this one is much better..

Comment

I have noticed the following bug: while I have set the language to English, sometimes when I open the box the language has been changed to chinese (or something like that). This has happened twice during the last 3 weeks. This is strange, has someone else noticed that? Is there any solution for this?
          Thanks

Στάλθηκε από το ONDA A9 Core4 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zan. View Post
            I have noticed the following bug: while I have set the language to English, sometimes when I open the box the language has been changed to chinese (or something like that). This has happened twice during the last 3 weeks. This is strange, has someone else noticed that? Is there any solution for this?
            Thanks

I have noticed this. I thought I was hitting something on my keyboard to cause it. Guess not. I do not use the "Remote controller input method" keyboard that this ROM defaults to. That keyboard is ugly with all the grey buttons. Try switching to the AOSP keyboard in the Language & Input settings. That's what I use, and it doesn't switch languages on me. Plus it looks way cooler, and doesn't steal focus from input text boxes. Give it a try, I think you will like.

Comment

well done acemax team this is quality work..ive had a m8n box for a few months and this is the best rom ever tested n believe me ive tried a fair few..my keyboard works the best with this app no lagging either and even thought the speedtest for internet shows a moderate speed the streaming is flawless compare to other roms that had much higher ethernet speed..only draw back is mx player codex doesn't work well for me it slows my streaming down for sum reason so had to delete also havnt config kodi properly yet to test it but apart from that this is an awesome build

Comment

Originally posted by Galflex View Post
                well done acemax team this is quality work..ive had a m8n box for a few months and this is the best rom ever tested n believe me ive tried a fair few..my keyboard works the best with this app no lagging either and even thought the speedtest for internet shows a moderate speed the streaming is flawless compare to other roms that had much higher ethernet speed..only draw back is mx player codex doesn't work well for me it slows my streaming down for sum reason so had to delete also havnt config kodi properly yet to test it but apart from that this is an awesome build
                MX Player is working fine for me, I've tested it watching a 1080p video from a network drive over wifi. Maybe try installing the ARMv7 NEON codec addon from the play store. Also, enable the H/W+ codec in settings. I don't think this is enabled by default for network streams. Seems link using the HW (octo-core GPU) would be better than a software codec. Can't hurt to give it a try.

With Kodi, I recommend fully uninstalling the version packed with the ROM, and getting the newest stable ARM android release off the web. Also, I usually install SuperSU first, and update the superuser binary, and reboot. Then launch Kodi, grant it superuser permissions forever, and you will see Kodi executes a bunch of commands to load modules for the Amlogic platform, like 'amvideo' and some sort of CPU freq. switcher. I've tested Kodi with the same 1080p file, with no interlacing, and no buffering.

This is just my experience, best of luck to you.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by punktunes9 View Post
                  I have noticed this. I thought I was hitting something on my keyboard to cause it. Guess not. I do not use the "Remote controller input method" keyboard that this ROM defaults to. That keyboard is ugly with all the grey buttons. Try switching to the AOSP keyboard in the Language & Input settings. That's what I use, and it doesn't switch languages on me. Plus it looks way cooler, and doesn't steal focus from input text boxes. Give it a try, I think you will like.
                  I have tried that and it was ok for sometime. However, today I opened the tv-box and the language was switched again without reason to chinese. And I mean the system language, not the keyboard language. There were also some warnings in chinese. This is weird.😮

Comment

Mx player and codec.

Before my Sony wireless headphones arrived,Sony MDRDS6500, installed xda updated codec to make sure it could play back dts and 5.1 through the headphones, enabled h/w coding .Arrived but could only output stereo with the pro logic light coming on till I disabled h/w coding now outputting dts and dolby digital.

Comment

Mx player and codec.

Before my Sony wireless headphones arrived,Sony MDRDS6500, installed xda updated codec to make sure it could play back dts and 5.1 through the headphones, enabled h/w coding .Arrived but could only output stereo with the pro logic light coming on till I disabled h/w coding now outputting dts and dolby digital.

Comment

is it working for M8 S802 also or it's just for M8N?

Comment

Originally posted by zafeira View Post
                          is it working for M8 S802 also or it's just for M8N?
                          M8N ONLY , tks

Comment

Hi does anyone have a link to m8n firmware? Mine has the Samsung chips but I only get black screen.

Comment

Working...
                            X