X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work,everything works superbly! Even fixed my recovery issue 👍👍👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by pigbait View Post

First off thank you for your work on this its nice to see more people contribute, I have a problem with 5.0.8 I installed this on my eny M8 and with AMCODEC enabled videos only play with the amlogic M8 boot logo. if I disable AMCODEC video will play but is laggy (clearly because its not HW accelerated) any ways if there anything I can provide you with (logs) let me know Ill post them...

I will try your older 5.0.5 and see if the problem is there also.

Thanks.

Edit: Still same result on 5.0.5

Edit 2: sorry about all this but I fixed the problem, I guess the box had an old android firmware on it, so I flashed a more resent firmware and now both builds work well... thanks again for your work.
      Hi pigbait. I had the exact same problem with you. My M8 on all versions of Gotham the HW works fine. When i update to Kodi, all videos plays with the amlogic M8 boot logo.
      I saw that you flashed a new android firmware and you fixed the problem.
      Can you please guide me in order to solve it?

Comment

Originally posted by kakoskm View Post
        Hi pigbait. I had the exact same problem with you. My M8 on all versions of Gotham the HW works fine. When i update to Kodi, all videos plays with the amlogic M8 boot logo.
        I saw that you flashed a new android firmware and you fixed the problem.
        Can you please guide me in order to solve it?

Install MegaTron's android for M8 and then install OpenELEC. This will solve the M8 overlay..

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post

Install MegaTron's android for M8 and then install OpenELEC. This will solve the M8 overlay..
          Thanks al8782. It worked fine. I have spent a lot of time in several forums to find the issue with the HW acceleration on M8.

I have installed openelec 5.0.8 ipodtouchdude's ROM and it works excellent.
          Thanks everyone for all the great work.

Comment

Just flashed on my Amlogic M8 Quad Octa Core 4K Ultra HD

works great

Comment

Anyone try this on a 4K TV?

Comment

How many cores do you guys see running with this build? 4 come up but 2 are usually frozen or just 0%

I haven't tried 5.0.5, but in Jonke's codes build only one core is activated and CPU is higher.

Comment

@Ipodtouchdude,
                  Nice one mate. works grate. is there anyway you guys can update the kernel on this build. most tv tuners don't work on it or drivers are not installed. i have tried 4 different tunners that work on the pi but would not even be detected by tv headend on this kernel build.

i know you know better.
                  cheerz mate

Comment

Anyone been able to get the Rtorrent addon to work on this? The Audo addon works fine, but I can't seem to get rtorrent to work. Other then that, awesome contribution

Comment

Would this be ok to flash on M8N box.pcb no. M9&M8_V1.0

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes it works on my 4k tvbox m8

Comment

Has anyone figured out how to get 3d working? It doesn't seem to line up correctly in 3d mode for me!

Comment

Just giving you guys a quick update.

I have managed to compile Openelec 5.95.1 and it is not quite ready for release due to the remote not working at the moment and only just got it to boot so I haven't even tested it yet.

I have also made a boot screen (hope you guys like it).

Comment

awesome I look forward to this

Comment

Is it the first or 2nd boot screen? cos i like the first black or just the m8 logo cos after that u get another openelec/kodi boot screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X