Openelec 5.95.3 Beta 2 ENY M8 2G (Square) With amcodec boblightd support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dynamic2 View Post
    Is it the first or 2nd boot screen? cos i like the first black or just the m8 logo cos after that u get another openelec/kodi boot screen.
    The plan is for both but I can make a build for you with the Amlogic s802 logo.

Comment

That looks awesome man thanks allot for supporting our boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by ipodtouchdude View Post
        The plan is for both but I can make a build for you with the Amlogic s802 logo.
        i appriciate that or u can make the build only the 2nd boot screen with the logo's and the first one just black
        cos 2nd screen is for some ppl easy to replace.

but Thx for ur work btw and invested time in it

Comment

Just posted Openelec 5.95.1 Beta 1 on the first post!!!

Comment

I noticed the same problem as in 5.0.8. Not all the cores are working together. Right now I have one core working the other 3 frozen not working at all and cpu jumps all over the place. Even during video play there are only 2 cores working and other 2 are stuck.

Ipodtouchdude, why don't you try to compile the 5.0.8 that I posted from Kerber. It is an awesome build. All 4 cores work, you can switch audio output (not greyed out) and cpu is very low and hardly moves at all. Airplay isn't working on the build I posted. Maybe you can fix that.

Here's the link to the files. http://amlinux.ru/target/

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post
              I noticed the same problem as in 5.0.8. Not all the cores are working together. Right now I have one core working the other 3 frozen not working at all and cpu jumps all over the place. Even during video play there are only 2 cores working and other 2 are stuck.

Ipodtouchdude, why don't you try to compile the 5.0.8 that I posted from Kerber. It is an awesome build. All 4 cores work, you can switch audio output (not greyed out) and cpu is very low and hardly moves at all. Airplay isn't working on the build I posted. Maybe you can fix that.

Here's the link to the files. http://amlinux.ru/target/

There is no source code so I can't look for patches or browse what is changed in that build to implement it into my build.

Comment

Used the tar to update mine to the beta (from 5.0.8), but that didn't go well... It got stuck on a blinking Kodi banner... Fresh install worked fine, putting back a backup (made with the 'Backup' addon) resulted in the same blinking banner.... 'cause I'm not the only one () using the media player I went back to 5.0.8.. (No time yet to figure out which setting/addon was the culprit)...

Comment

dude you are the best... i hope you keep up the good work. is there a possibility of you trying to compile openelec for the MX2 too.

Comment

do you have any link, i wanna donate a small change to encourage your work

Comment

I've been trying to connect using Ethernet cable and it doesn't connect. Anyone else have that problem. Using 5.0.8

Comment

Originally posted by ipodtouchdude View Post

There is no source code so I can't look for patches or browse what is changed in that build to implement it into my build.
                        If I'm not mistaken, this is the Kerber repo:
                        GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Comment

i just installed your latest build of openelec. and i must say the boot screen is freaking awesome. it runs very well also. the only i noticed and would like to point out is the amlogic m8 addons and openelec addons. its like a repetition. i noticed when you install a pvr for example, it installs twice. since its available in two repos. i tried the stalker client and the M8 repo has the 0.7 version and the openelec repo has the 0,8 version. if you try installing anyone from any of the repos, it automatically installs the one in other repo too. which conflicts the addon and does not make it work well at all. i think taking out one of them will fi this. i hope you understand

Comment

Originally posted by sentry23 View Post

If I'm not mistaken, this is the Kerber repo:
                            https://github.com/surkovalex/OpenELEC.tv
                            Yeah that's it.

Comment

Since this build is based on codesnake's, is it possible to simply update his openelec with this .tar update file? Anyone tried it?

Comment

1) Which one of the builds would be the correct and latest working build to use on an M8n (Square) from the first page of this thread?
                                2) Can these ipodtouchdude builds be installed over Codesnakes builds with the .tar file, or should the factory M8n software be re-installed first, and the new ipodtouchdude build version be installed afterwards?
                                3) Same thing for the Al82782/Kerber builds installation as well? Which method is best: 1) or 2)?

Comment

Working...
                                X