I need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help please

Hi, my m8 box is stuck on first loading screen I have done the toothpick method to enter recovery mode but the remote is non responsive I then rebooted box entered recovery again this time with a USB mouse plugged in before power was restored, it is moving up and down on the menu to fast to select anything, I don't have a SD card but I do have a USB drive, now going forward I don't know anything about firmwares or updates on these boxes if I was to fully restore the box through USB with a new updated firmware I would need a guide of some sort with the correct methods explained as I don't have a clue lol but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. If someone could help it would be highly appreciated.

In order to know the best firmware that is suitable for your device, it may be necessary for you to open the box and take some detailed pictures of the board components.

This is because there were a number of clones produced which do not work with any firmware.

However, this thread might be of interest to you.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s802/eny-acemax-ott/knowledge-tutorials/21603-how-to-unbrick-your-m8-m8n-h8m/page4
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
      In order to know the best firmware that is suitable for your device, it may be necessary for you to open the box and take some detailed pictures of the board components.

This is because there were a number of clones produced which do not work with any firmware.

However, this thread might be of interest to you.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s802/eny-acemax-ott/knowledge-tutorials/21603-how-to-unbrick-your-m8-m8n-h8m/page4
      How do I open the box without damaging it ?

I don't know if this helps but here's a picture of the settings on the box when its turned on before it never worked again.
      Attached Files

Comment

Did you read through the thread I linked to in order to get some ideas?

If you google the version number from the pic there are some links to firmware such as this.

http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-latest-android-kitkat-4-4-2-stock-firmware-for-m8-tv-box.html

As far as taking the box apart, each one is different, so you will have to turn it upside down to see how it is put together.

Some have little rubber pads that underneath have screws that make disassembly easier and other you have to lever around the sides to unclip the top for removel.

Might be worth looking at the many videos on Youtube showing various disassembly and teardown procedures to give you some ideas.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by Hollowfication View Post

How do I open the box without damaging it ?

I don't know if this helps but here's a picture of the settings on the box when its turned on before it never worked again.
          Exact same one I have I backed up my ROM.. today.. and testing out new ROMS you recommend anything at the moment

Comment

Working...
          X