Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT M8S Amlogic M8S 2G memory and 8G storage

Hi,

I just got this M8S TV player from **** and I am wondering if there is anyway to get this box to standby instead of turning off (no light). When this unit is turned on, the light in the front turns blue. When I click on power button from the remote, it turns the unit off and the light on the unit turns off.

Is there a way to get this unit into standby mode so that I don't have to wait for it to boot up every time when the unit is turned off? Is there any app from google store that can turn the unit to standby?

Thanks!

I have the same tv player. If you press power button once, it will enter into standby only and not turn off. If you press Power Button again, it again wakes-up. For me, it works like that, no booting again unless you switch-off the power.

Comment

So when you press power button once, will the light on the unit turn red of off? Mine will just turn off and if I press the power button on the remote again within a minute or two, it will wake up the unit. But if I leave the unit off for awhile, when I press power button on the remote again, the unit will boot from scratch. Will your M8S do this?

Comment

I am looking at buying M8S box, any recommendations or suggestions

Comment

I've seen both happen with different M8S boxes. seen some that go to standby and seen some that turn off. Pretty sure it's dependant on the stock firmware from manufacturer.

Comment

I guess I'll ask this here (don't mean to hi-Jack your thead) i am considering buying this unit aswell what is your overall impressions of the unit any issues on stock. Like connectivity ethernet , wifi, BT, etc. Video playback / h. 265 gameplay

Comment

Working...
            X