Unbricking M8 (M8&M9_v0.92)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbricking M8 (M8&M9_v0.92)

So I was trying to sort the wifi on my M8 and ended up bricking it again trying a flash that stated it had AP6234 inside, nope. LOL

I decided to post here what I did as it may help others.

Box Symptom - Power Light On, Nothing on TV, No signal detected at all. SPDIF Lit up.

After trying numerous uboot's, images, boot makers, USB (cant get it to detect box at all with/without otg jumper)

Last night I decided to dig out my UART cable and do some checks. I attached to the Rx/Tx and GND pins and got hyperterminal ready. I powered the box using a USB cable with the OTG jumper in place.
    I then connected to the UART using 115200/8/None/1/None settings. I watched as the boot up log displayed some normal boot procedures then it stopped reporting BOOTP Broadcast 1, 2, 3 etc etc on and on. So I interupted the sequence using CTRL-C and listed the help commands. I found that there was the sdc_burn command that uses the aml_sdc_burn.ini file from an AML package. I then went hunting and found the em9_ap6330 rom thats packaged as an img with the above ini. So i copied those to an sdcard and put that into the M8. I then ran sdc_burn aml_sdc_burn.ini.

The screen started going with erase and flash texts, I waited, (Removed the card pressing my pin in the back of the audio socket which got me here to start with). I sat watched it flash recovery, boot, system and then it rebooted.
    The rom i used didnt actually fully boot but I now had a working recovery, from there I flashed Megatron v 3 rom, everything except wifi works fine as before.
Working...
X