Minix X8-H not powering up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered 3, X8-H's and one of the 3 won't power up. I followed all of the firmware reloading directions (tried using the firmware burning tool and loading the firmware from an SD card).... holding a paperclip on the 'Recovery' button, inserting the power cable and then hitting the power button (while the recovery button was still pressed) and nothing with the firmware burning program or nothing on the screen when attempting all this from the SD card. Appears to be a defective unit.

Eric, in case you're reading this, I ordered them from your site (Geekbuying). Should I send an email to that "after_arrival" address and see about shipping this unit back for a working one or do you know of any tricks I could try to get my dead box working? (The other 2 are working flawlessly!)

Anyone else having problems with their X8-H or do I just have some bad luck?

gene0915

While Geekbuying has a good presence here... forums aren't support. It'll likely be faster for you to contact them directly using normal support channels. I had an issue with an Imito Q1 and they were quick and responsive.

Comment

Try giving it a few more trys, because all machines we've tested in the factory are working before putting into the giftbox, tests such as Ethernet and Wi-Fi are done on every machine so the chance of DOA should be 0 unless damages are done during shipping. And Geekbuying also updated one more time the 2nd production firmware before shipping out.

Please contact them if you can't resolve the issue.

Comment

Have you tried it with the other power adapters?

Comment

Originally posted by ssspacman View Post
          Have you tried it with the other power adapters?
          +1 thats probably a bad PSU

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
            gene0915

While Geekbuying has a good presence here... forums aren't support. It'll likely be faster for you to contact them directly using normal support channels. I had an issue with an Imito Q1 and they were quick and responsive.
            Agree. I already emailed their support. The reason I posted here was to see if I was alone with my problem or if anyone could offer any suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by MINIX View Post
              Try giving it a few more trys, because all machines we've tested in the factory are working before putting into the giftbox, tests such as Ethernet and Wi-Fi are done on every machine so the chance of DOA should be 0 unless damages are done during shipping. And Geekbuying also updated one more time the 2nd production firmware before shipping out.

Please contact them if you can't resolve the issue.
              I have tried for hours and hours over the last few days and nothing. I have contacted Geekbuying support for assistance. Not a huge deal.....my other two are working AOK

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                +1 thats probably a bad PSU
                Already tried that and no dice. I just think the device is dead and needs replaced. I will try a few more times over the weekend.

Comment

This is probably a different issue, because you have two working units, but I had a problem getting mine to power up when I first got it. It turned out that I plugged in a Windows Media Center remote IR receiver and it just would not turn on with it plugged in.

Comment

Originally posted by david1569 View Post
                    This is probably a different issue, because you have two working units, but I had a problem getting mine to power up when I first got it. It turned out that I plugged in a Windows Media Center remote IR receiver and it just would not turn on with it plugged in.
                    Yup, different issue. No blue light on the front, no HDMI signal and the firmware burning utility doesn't see the X8-H no matter what I do. Just sounds like a dead unit. Geekbuying offices should be opening in China soon. Hopefully I can get an RMA quickly and start the replacement process.

Comment

Blue Light Almost Invisible - Can Brightness Be Adjusted

The blue "on" indicator light is so dim on my unit it is almost invisible. Can this be corrected or is it a design flaw?

The M1 mouse device (free gift) is so erratic in operation it is almost useless. The finger pointed cursor is hard to control. Very frustrating to use this device. Is this why it was free?

Comment

Device Slow to Boot Up on Initial PowerUp

Originally posted by gene0915 View Post
                        Already tried that and no dice. I just think the device is dead and needs replaced. I will try a few more times over the weekend.
                        My new Neo 8 booted up so slow the first time I thought it was DOA. The blue dot indicator light is basically useless as it is so dim it cant be seen unless in complete darkness. It took about 4 minutes to boot up and the TV said incompatible device. After the first boot it worked much better...but indicator light still no value added. Also had to adjust screen scan area as it would not fit on TV screen fully.

Comment

Same problem with mine. No blue light, doesn't boot at all.

Comment

Originally posted by chrishoughton View Post
                            Sorry to hear that I have authorization from GeekBuying to send mine back. They have been very helpful so far......no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by chrishoughton View Post
                              First boot takes few minutes sometimes if the HDMI setting doesn't fit the system's.
                              Also, please make sure to connect the HDMI to the TV BEFORE powering it up. It saves lots of time (avoid empty EDID scan), thanks.

And we would like to emphasise one more time that all machines have been powered up and tested before leaving our factory, it's a mandatory process. We need to burn MAC address, flashing the stock firmware, doing HDMI, USB and wifi tests, etc...

We don't come here so often, so maybe it's better for you to ask the question at:

Comment

Working...
                              X