Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.1 Surround Sound X8-h XBMC?

Hi,

Sorry if this has been discussed before I did do some searches but unfortunately the criteria of "7.1"can not be searched for under the forums.

I have a x8-h with 7.1 speaker set-up and specifically purchased the x8-h device to run my home theater system.

My purpose's are to stream 1080p Blu-Ray rips off a server to XBMC to the highest possible audio quality. The majority of these rips appear to be DTS 6 channel. I also use TVMC side-loaded to stream TV shows and Lower quality movies.

I was unaware that this device only supports up to 5.1 channel output until reading it moments ago in another thread. If I am unable to make my amplifier simulate 7 channel? (it is a very good high end amplifier with THX support etc).

Then does the x8-h Plus support this ability? I would of thought running everything through HDMI and pass-through, the channel output would be irrelevant?

or does this not matter due to 98% of my source content not having any more than 6 channel?

I would very much like some clarification on this as I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to these products. For example I am struggling to achieve something as simple as setting up automatic scrapping for all of my Movie, T.V show content to display artwork, info etc. on the server and have the data save on the server so that it does not take up room on the minx box. Someone should have a tutorial on this or a pre-configured downloadable minixbmc version. Or at the least some downloadable config files to override our current ones with for all of us, dare I say "noobs" lol

Originally posted by maniyac View Post
    Hi,
    I would very much like some clarification on this as I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to these products. For example I am struggling to achieve something as simple as setting up automatic scrapping for all of my Movie, T.V show content to display artwork, info etc. on the server and have the data save on the server so that it does not take up room on the minx box. Someone should have a tutorial on this or a pre-configured downloadable minixbmc version. Or at the least some downloadable config files to override our current ones with for all of us, dare I say "noobs" lol
    Are you running PLEX for your DLNA server and Plex app on your MINIX? That should simplify the artwork info side.

Comment

Originally posted by maniyac View Post
      For example I am struggling to achieve something as simple as setting up automatic scrapping for all of my Movie, T.V show content to display artwork, info etc. on the server and have the data save on the server so that it does not take up room on the minx box. Someone should have a tutorial on this ......
      (Re)name your Movies/TV shows properly for KODIs/XBMCs scraper.
      Have a look here:
      Naming video files/TV shows - Kodi

Comment

Originally posted by mulderfox
        Or just read xbmc/kodi wiki to understand how to set up automatic scraping
        May I please have a link?

and I use a format similar to the ones mentioned e.g:

Movie Directory -> Movie Folder -> Movie Name [year] 1080p

TV Show Directory -> TV Show Folder -> Season x -> TV show name - SxxExx - Episode Title

Comment

So after a little more re-search it would appear as though the AMlogic chip-set can do True HD 7.1 passthrough but minix do not support it (licencing I presume) unless someone makes a custom firmware than can bypass this I will have to retire my x8 to a bedroom and purchase a NUC instead for TRUEHD and DTS-MA unless people have other suggestions?

I have looked at:

or

But neither seem nearly as solid a box as the minix, and seem to lack support, would really appreciate feedback for all of us who need high quality sound out of our media players.

Comment

Working...
          X