Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINIX X8-H 2% loop flashing with USB Tools, No video, Trying to flash official firmware HEEEELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MINIX X8-H 2% loop flashing with USB Tools, No video, Trying to flash official firmware HEEEELP

This seams to be the best place to ask questions and actually get some results. I have the Minix X8-H and need to bring it back to show video.
    I don't know the present firmware it's at and the blue light powers on when pushed but I get no video no matter what. I tried to hook it up to the computer and using the latest Burning tool v2.0.6.2 I tried to flash the 009 firmware I get Connect Success but am not sure it's in the right mode because I get the error:
    [0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize status/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error after the dreaded 2%.
    No matter how many cables I tried same result. I get "connect success" even if I plug it in and press Power only(without the reset button being held). I hear the ping which leads me to believe it's not in recovery mode. I did this in win10. I also tested it in Win 8.1 and same scenario, though I had an exclamation(!) in device manager and M8-Chip so I probably needed a driver which I don't have.
    In Win 7x86 it's also asking for M8-Chip driver and an Unknown Device driver, I tried Release_DriverAssitant and it didn't find the right driver for either win 7 x86 or win 8.1. Where do I get the drivers and how do I get passed the 2% reset where it disconnects and reconnects in an endless loop.
    Is there a way to flash?
    Any help would be appreciated.

sure you are using the x8-h and not the x8-h + firmware?

Comment

I am using X8_X8PLUS_X8H_FW009 firmware and setup_v2.0.6.2_build2. Also used X8_X8PLUS_X8H_FW008_20160115 with the setup_v2.0.4.3 USB Burning Tools I have tried to jump pins 13 and 15, and nothing, I used different operating systems and different computers all the usb ports and cables to no avail. I have heard of one guy who mentioned the firmware's giving him the 2% dreaded issue. I have no video also never got the android screen in recovery. It must be bricked by some previous update, and from what I've read on another forum about this very situation, I might be Shit out of Luck.

Comment

Working...
      X