X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix Neo X8-H 5.1.1 lollipop

Got my X8-H (non-plus) on lollipop 5.1.1 with the following ROM:

MXIII-G_101L1

At the following link: http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....pop-51_31.html

(First link is the fastest).

The Rom looks made for S812 (bootlogo), but after reading a few other threads here @ freaktab (for beelink s89 devices), the S812 is said to be compatible with the S802 so i took the shot.

The OS starts in 1080p (strangely enough on my old 720p it works as well) so if you don't get screen output switch over to a capable monitor and switch back.

The menu (dashboard) has some glitches but the most android settings can be reached through "more settings" ...

I noticed sound through HDMI & SPDIF and i'm using the onboard network. Wifi and bluetooth turns on but i did not test it.

Kodi 17 (krypton) works, it says 1080p everywhere but like i said my monitor is 720p only.

The device did not get a speed-boost but hey, krypton is working. And if you don't install allllllll the add-ons out there, through installers, it works quite OK.

Installed it through a micro-USB cable with the supplied burn-tool (in the zip) on windows 10 x64.

Good luck and enjoy.

Is this legit. Can anyone else confirm? Would like to try it out. Basic uses for me are kodi, bubbleupnp, viperfx all on wired network. Bluetooth is a must however for the keyboard. thanks, Ynot

Comment

I understand, there is even a newer version which i think will also work: MXIII-G_108L1, same 5.1.1 (less bugs on the dashboard?)

What i found out is that the newest kodi (krypton, 17) does not have the amlogic-codec anymore so i have to stick to jarvis (16.2).

This is because the enclosed codec was closed source or so. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...di-for-android

Comment

You can use frequency switcher addon. You need root access

Comment

wow! you guy's are tenacious, got two of those NEO X8-H plus...I give up on those..... Admins on the official forum states that no firmware would be possible....so, instead loosing all my spare times trying to keep them alive, ans struggling, i decided to try other things. Got a MXQ 4K, a M8S+ , two M9C max.....Was tired of waisting my time trying to ressucitate those NEO X8-h plus. All four boxes didn't cost me more than one Minix! And the end result....I spend big bucks on those Minix, i was told that those boxes were war machines, They last no more than the cheapper ones..You can expect a life spend of 1 year, then it's bonnus time.Now the 2 Minix collect the dust on my workshop....
          Maybe you should consider switching for other devices...Just my suggestion.... Bye

Comment

Bluetooth works. LAN and spdif too. WiFi does not. I've speeded things up by halving menu animation scales in developer mode. Also sticked to Kodi 16. 17 did not play 3D

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk

Comment

Looks promising i hope there will be a dev that can build a stable rom

Comment

WiFi does work actually. I couldn't just switch. I had to turn LAN off and then turn wifi on. So it looks like a complete Rom.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk

Comment

I just flashed ProBox2-ex fw
                  http://probox2.com/probox2-ex-plus-2...mware-release/
                  ( all instructions + files there ).
                  Minix X8-H box came up after 6 min.

Tested now WIFI + USB > Works well

There is also Hebrew language... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by tobenary View Post
                    I just flashed ProBox2-ex fw
                    http://probox2.com/probox2-ex-plus-2...mware-release/
                    ( all instructions + files there ).
                    Minix X8-H box came up after 6 min.

Tested now WIFI + USB > Works well

There is also Hebrew language... LOL
                    Hi, any news with the ProBox2 firmware ? Does it really work well ?

Comment

Originally posted by lunico View Post

Hi, any news with the ProBox2 firmware ? Does it really work well ?
                      Yes,
                      Trying to get the remote config from another rom. so the IR will work.

Comment

Working...
                      X