• Show
Clear All

I there anything for the Neo X8-Plus?

Comment

This one works good on mine.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi,
        Just found out this forum. I have Minix X8-H and wish to flash this rom. Currently, I'm using Mygica which is based on Kodi 17.1 and playback wasn't that smooth and will always stop in the middle of the show but it is still watchable. Thinking of getting lollipop rom and install kodi 17.6 or 18.x. However, I am a little worry that the rom will give me problem like sound, remote, etc. Can anyone here please advise on the following

1. Is the sound OK via HDMI (I am using HDMI only) for codec such as ac3, dts, etc.
        2. I am using Minix A2 Lite Remote (with air mouse and keyboard at the back), Will this rom give problem? Does all keys work?
        3. My Kodi data are stored in SD Card. Does this rom support SD Card?
        4. Does this rom has Google Playstore? Can I install apps from playstore?
        5. Any other issue that I may have from the minix rom?

Please advise. Thanks in advance
        Last edited by rarow; 10-09-2019, 10:14.

Comment

Originally posted by rarow View Post
          Hi,
          Just found out this forum. I have Minix X8-H and wish to flash this rom. Currently, I'm using Mygica which is based on Kodi 17.1 and playback wasn't that smooth and will always stop in the middle of the show but it is still watchable. Thinking of getting lollipop rom and install kodi 17.6 or 18.x. However, I am a little worry that the rom will give me problem like sound, remote, etc. Can anyone here please advise on the following

1. Is the sound OK via HDMI (I am using HDMI only) for codec such as ac3, dts, etc.
          2. I am using Minix A2 Lite Remote (with air mouse and keyboard at the back), Will this rom give problem? Does all keys work?
          3. My Kodi data are stored in SD Card. Does this rom support SD Card?
          4. Does this rom has Google Playstore? Can I install apps from playstore?
          5. Any other issue that I may have from the minix rom?

Please advise. Thanks in advance
          Hi there,

I haven't installed this one because there were a few issues i don't remember of cause its been a while...
          I've installed probox2ex+ firmware on my x8h and i can tell you about that one.

In first post I've downloaded second link. You can try the updated. Its working for a year or more 24/7

Glad to help

Edit: Use this Firmware to update. https://mega.nz/#!9DZw1boY!HV5QPq027f6dbCG6Cl0F6V8nW73RHET5hH6NmibqKYU I just flashed PROBOX2 EX+ (PLUS) – 20161221 (5th

Comment

RE: Minix XH8 - Finless Lollipop ROM 1.0

Thank you so much for doing a great job brought my Minix back to life and it works better than ever!

Thanks Steve

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for this ROM.

I've been trying to bring this box back to life for a while. I'm trying to flash this ROM using TWRP / SD Card, but when I try to flash the Image it brings up an error, something along the lines of

size of image is larger than target device
              Would this image be flashable using TWRP? And if it is, anybody has a clue what the error means and how to fix it?

Comment

Hello! My OTG input is broken. I can not install this firmware without using a computer or in another way? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hello, unfortunately I can not connect to the USB Burning Tool. Tried everything but it doesn't work. I have a Minix Neo X8H, I would like to use this ROM. Thank you very much.

Comment

Hi everyone

First thanking Finless for the great contribution of this rom gave new life to my Minix. I was very sorry to have to discard it, since it is one of the most complete even now that many years have passed.

I have already installed the rom and I really like the interface, it is very fast and you no longer have all those programs that came pre installed in the rom stock.

Now I go to the members of this forum because I have installed NETFILX in different versions but it does not start or in some it comes out that the version is not compatible. Anyone know if it is possible to use this application? or how can I make it work?

Comment

Originally posted by DeJota View Post
                      Hi everyone

First thanking Finless for the great contribution of this rom gave new life to my Minix. I was very sorry to have to discard it, since it is one of the most complete even now that many years have passed.

I have already installed the rom and I really like the interface, it is very fast and you no longer have all those programs that came pre installed in the rom stock.

Now I go to the members of this forum because I have installed NETFILX in different versions but it does not start or in some it comes out that the version is not compatible. Anyone know if it is possible to use this application? or how can I make it work?
                      Hi, you can find the answer at previous page, post number #14.1 or here https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688

Comment

Originally posted by akesuk View Post
                        Hello, unfortunately I can not connect to the USB Burning Tool. Tried everything but it doesn't work. I have a Minix Neo X8H, I would like to use this ROM. Thank you very much.

I too have not been able to connect to image tool.

- Minix X8-H
                        - Using Windows 8.1 (worldcup driver has been installed).
                        - Have tried various versions of USB_Burning_Tool ( v2.05.5.15 to v.2.1.6 )
                        - Windows is picking up the X8 and opening up new window, however not found in the Burning Tool

These are the steps ive taken;
                        1. Open USB_Burning_Tool_v2.0.5.15
                        2. Load Minix_x8h_finless_LollipopRom1.img
                        3. Plug MicroUSB in X8 whilst usb plugged in to laptop
                        4. Press down on 'Recovery' button with paperclip and Power button at the same time
                        -
                        I have also tried variations of pressing 'Start' in the Burning Tool with image loaded and then following steps 3 & 4.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Hello everyone
                          Is it possible to install this firmware on minix neo x8 plus ?

Comment

Was having similar issue with the USB burning tool - just could not get it to recognise my Minix X8-H.

Having tried all the various combinations mentioned previously (including making sure I actually had a proper OTG data cable), in the end I got the USB burner tool to recognise the box by unplugging the power supply, pressing the recovery switch while plugging the power back in (and keeping it pressed), then pressing the power button once. Bit tricky on the fingers, but worked consistently.

However, all was not well and the update failed consistently at 97% (USB burner just gives a generic error and dies), with the following entry in the log file:-

[14:07:50 484][HUB1-4][Inf]-------------Download system.PARTITION-----------
                            [14:07:50 486][HUB1-4][Inf]--0-7-0-16
                            [14:07:50 486][HUB1-4][Inf]--download store system sparse 575716088
                            [14:07:50 486][HUB1-4][Inf]--Send download command success
                            [14:07:50 504][HUB1-4][Inf]--Read command status success
                            [14:09:23 841][HUB1-4][Inf]--Transfer complete
                            [14:09:23 842][HUB1-4][Inf]--Send download get_status command succeed
                            [14:09:23 846][HUB1-4][Inf]--get_status success
                            [14:09:23 846][HUB1-4][Inf]--verify sha1sum 478a212d786e62431b5eeeff582816fcf9b10b68
                            [14:09:23 847][HUB1-4][Inf]--Send verify cmd succeed
                            [14:09:23 847][HUB1-4][Inf]--ItemSize: 575716088
                            [14:09:53 851][HUB1-4][Err]--usb_reap_async_nocancel Try 2 time! ret=-116 error_msg=libusb0-dll:err [_usb_reap_async] reaping request failed, win error: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

Have contacted AmLogic - no response as yet - but if anyone has any through/suggestions to assist, they would be gratefully received (as I now have a non-functional box).

Comment

Originally posted by TrickySimon View Post
                              Was having similar issue with the USB burning tool - just could not get it to recognise my Minix X8-H.
                              Having tried all the various combinations mentioned previously (including making sure I actually had a proper OTG data cable), in the end I got the USB burner tool to recognise the box by unplugging the power supply, pressing the recovery switch while plugging the power back in (and keeping it pressed), then pressing the power button once. Bit tricky on the fingers, but worked consistently.
                              However, all was not well and the update failed consistently at 97% (USB burner just gives a generic error and dies), with the following entry in the log file:-
                              [14:07:50 484][HUB1-4][Inf]-------------Download system.PARTITION-----------
                              [14:07:50 486][HUB1-4][Inf]--0-7-0-16
                              [14:07:50 486][HUB1-4][Inf]--download store system sparse 575716088
                              [14:07:50 486][HUB1-4][Inf]--Send download command success
                              [14:07:50 504][HUB1-4][Inf]--Read command status success
                              [14:09:23 841][HUB1-4][Inf]--Transfer complete
                              [14:09:23 842][HUB1-4][Inf]--Send download get_status command succeed
                              [14:09:23 846][HUB1-4][Inf]--get_status success
                              [14:09:23 846][HUB1-4][Inf]--verify sha1sum 478a212d786e62431b5eeeff582816fcf9b10b68
                              [14:09:23 847][HUB1-4][Inf]--Send verify cmd succeed
                              [14:09:23 847][HUB1-4][Inf]--ItemSize: 575716088
                              [14:09:53 851][HUB1-4][Err]--usb_reap_async_nocancel Try 2 time! ret=-116 error_msg=libusb0-dll:err [_usb_reap_async] reaping request failed, win error: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                              Have contacted AmLogic - no response as yet - but if anyone has any through/suggestions to assist, they would be gratefully received (as I now have a non-functional box).
                              I had the same issue

Click image for larger version  Name:	Error - Minix Neo X8-H.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.8 KB ID:	810482

and solve it with Amlogic USB Burning Tool Setup v2.0.9
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Minix Neo X8-H - OK.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.8 KB ID:	810483

I hope this solve your problem.

Comment

Thx Riveroro - Similar to yourself (and in conjunction with a really helpful support person at Minix), I ended up installing an earlier version of the USB Burning tool - 2.0.6.2 (from the Minix forum)
                                - and that worked a treat for the stock Minix Kitkat ROM and the Finlesss Lolippop ROM.

All is now good with the box.

CHeers TS

Comment

Working...
                                X