Minix XH8 - Finless Lollipop ROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I have the ProboxEx2 Lolipop firmware on my Minix Neo X8H for some years now. Everything works fine. Using airmouse, HDMI-CEC with Samsung TV/Home cinema. Audio also working over fiber. Wifi and ethernet both working fine. (some games require WIFI, as they don't recognize ethernet as a connection)
    But I have 2 questions:
    1) Is it worth updating to the Lolipop version of Finless?
    2) For a particualr TV app I had to remove root. Now I'm missing SuperSU. What would be the easiest way to get back SuperSU and the option to give root to some apps? For example I would like t use sixaxis.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Hey all... Been a awhile since I did a ROM

This is for the Minix NEO-X8H (not the X8H-Plus).

PLEASE NOTE:
      After first boot let the box settle down for about 1 minute. Then reboot it using the power menu. Do not try to use the box without this reboot as there "can" be some stability problems.
      I tried to solve this problem but it has to do with the building of the dalvik cache in /data that is built on first boot after a ROM flash.

I am not going to say a lot about it but here are the features.
      It's Pre-rooted but after first boot you need to run the Superuser APP as it needs to run at least once before using rooted APPS.
      Even though I updated the SU binary in the ROM, the SU APP still says it needs to do that.

It's totally debloated! And I mean DEBLOATED! I did this to have this box just be for playing videos, KODI, etc.
      For me it runs Kodi 17.x great!
      This ROM is super-fast... After first boot, boots after that are super-fast... You almost don’t get time to watch the boot animation

I did some other tweaks for memory and video performance. Kind of my usual tweaks I have always done.

This is a IMG and flashed via the USB Flash Tool.
      Do not ask for a update.zip as I just do not have time to do it. The new ZIP architecture is a PITA and takes a lot of time which I do not have.

Here is the download link:

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Enjoy,
      Bob
      Hello.

I try to download the file from google drive but I can't, it tells me that I don't have access and that I should request access.

Can you leave the file free or give me access? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Konansia View Post

Hello.

I try to download the file from google drive but I can't, it tells me that I don't have access and that I should request access.

Can you leave the file free or give me access? Thanks.

I downloaded this file yesterday and uploaded it to the * MEGA * service

Everything works wonderfully for me.
        And here is the link where I told about this in the Russian-language forum Minix_x8h_plus

I also want to thank the author of this thread for the work he did!

Comment

Originally posted by savchtat View Post

I downloaded this file yesterday and uploaded it to the * MEGA * service

Everything works wonderfully for me.
          And here is the link where I told about this in the Russian-language forum Minix_x8h_plus

I also want to thank the author of this thread for the work he did!
          Whatcha out. This thread is about the Minix XH8 NOT the Minix XH8 Plus!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dingydroid View Post

Whatcha out. This thread is about the Minix XH8 NOT the Minix XH8 Plus!!!
            I wrote to help. I have this firmware installed. I have a plus version.

Comment

Hi, all who the remaining still in this topic!
              For some reason, on my minix neo x8-h, this firmware MINIX XH8 - Finless Lollipop ROM 1.0 works very bad, as well as PROBOX2-EX-PLUS-20161221, on which the FINLESS firmware is based.
              The processor throttling is constant, Minix freezes, I have to reboot it with the jerking of the power cable.
              After a while it happens again.
              I would like to know, is this me as lucky or at others the same happens ?

Maybe all this comes from the fact that I installed castom Recovery TWRP_2.8.1.0_X8-H, which is for the 4th android?
              But this recovery worked on Lolipop, but could it load the processor so much?
              Last edited by thistle; 10-14-2021, 09:59.

Comment

Yes,exactly, the reason for the throttling was, that TWRP from version 4 of the android was installed, although it became and worked normaly on the plunging of the android 5.1.1.
                Last edited by thistle; 10-15-2021, 09:03.

Comment

I revived my Minix Neo 8 with your Finless Lollipop ROM 1.0 and it works fine.

Thank you for the nice explanation.

Willy

Comment

could anyone reupload the original ROM from Finless? I have received an authorization message and I suggest Finless is not active anymore for that case...

Comment

The link die,Can you please re-upload the firmware?

Comment

I can't download wait

Comment

Link is dead..

Comment

Working...
                          X