Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Product Review] Minix NEO X8-H Quad Core TV BOX Review – Android 4.4 Kitkat + Amlogic S802-H Up to 2.0Ghz+2G RAM + 16G EMMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titooo7 View Post
    3-In some of my posts I also ask them about the kernel source but I didn't got any reply about it neither so I decided to open a thread asking them about it and this is the reply that I got: http://minixforums.com/threads/is-mi...-sources.7448/
    We always do since 2012 for every product, so please shut up (*1.) and stop threatening us with the GPL thing. We love to release anything we have and we don't care the GPL (*2.). It's so annoying that 3 out of your 5 replies contained the same content.
    1. Isn't really nice !!!
    2. Typical Chinese
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      1. Isn't really nice !!!
      2. Typical Chinese
      Oh oh! steady on mate......

Comment

Originally posted by titooo7 View Post
        Absolutely.
        I bought my X8-H few weeks ago (it's on it's way to my home right now) because I heard about Minix caring about updates and so on but after seeing how rude this Minix representative is I regret I spent some money that it could end on his pockets. I don't want to support a company that makes good products but treat their customers in that way.

In my case the story was like this:
        1-I sent 2 emails to minix asking them if they would release kernel sources. I didn't got any reply (I understood they might be very busy and didn't had time to send me a reply) so I decided to register on their forum.
        2-If you check my post history in their forum you would see that in none of my posts I was disrespectful to them: http://minixforums.com/members/titooo.21565/
        3-In some of my posts I also ask them about the kernel source but I didn't got any reply about it neither so I decided to open a thread asking them about it and this is the reply that I got: http://minixforums.com/threads/is-mi...-sources.7448/
        4-That forced me to send this message to that minix person: http://minixforums.com/members/minix...file-post-1440

Minix, I know you are reading this.
        I wasn't threatening anybody when I said it was mandatory to release the source code because the GPL thing. I had respect for you (I respect anyone who didn't disrespect me previously) and obviously I also respect Minix and that's why I bought an X8-H.
        But now I feel sorry for your company for having a so bad representative that is making more bad than good. Because your attitude I will try to make sure that that the users of DN3, which is a rom I made with some friends and maybe the most known rom of Galaxy Note 2, know well about how you treat customers who have certain questions before they decide to spend money on your products.

I might change my opinion about spreading my experience with your customer service manners if you apologise. But you proved that you are not mature enough to know that when you are selling a product your customers should be treated with as much respect as possible, so I doubt you will do that.
        That is awful,have you seen the post below your about to person begging to be unblocked for being critical lol

compyy
        Hi Minix,

could you please unblock my id "https://www.facebook.com/compyy" on facebook page, i am sorry if i was critical, and i cannot share any more comment on your page, i will be carefull in future now, please unblock me so i can ask questions on facebook.

thanks

Comment

They blocked me and many others when X7 was new for no reason at all. I am still blocked to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandroid534 View Post
            That is awful,have you seen the post below your about to person begging to be unblocked for being critical lol

compyy
            Hi Minix,

could you please unblock my id "https://www.facebook.com/compyy" on facebook page, i am sorry if i was critical, and i cannot share any more comment on your page, i will be carefull in future now, please unblock me so i can ask questions on facebook.

thanks

I didn't see it, but that's another proof about how bad they handle their customer service.
            That censorship attitude probably will make them lose some sales if they don't rectify that.

I could see how XTreamer reputation got harmed by the manners of their moderators and the same will happen to Minix if they don't ask this guy (or kid?) to stop moderating and posting in forums.
            In my case I wasn't even being critic but making a question!

Your product can be as good as you want, but if you don't treat well your customers and you try to censor people freedom in internet like China or Korea governments do will face the consequences sooner or later. And you will be surpassed by other Chinese companies that spend $0 in marketing and software development (and consequently hace lower prices) but at least don't disrespect their customers.

Comment

[Product Review] Minix NEO X8-H Quad Core TV BOX Review – Android 4.4 Kitkat ...

Originally posted by pmerritt View Post
              I have already received my unit (arrived in two days from Hong Kong via DHL). It works perfectly, hasn't crashed and was worth every opinion imho. Note: it DOES have bluetooth which i don't remember seeing listed. My Moga works perfectly the Wiimote like controller that was included for the early buy works well but I also own a bluetooth kb and mouse. I actually kind of felt like I was using a regular computer this way. The box is really snappy compared to the various Android sticks I have used previously.

This is the biggest thing though.......I honestly don't feel like I really need to upgrade the rom on this box. Everything has been working perfectly (as stated above). I highly, highly recommend this box.
              Thanks.
              There are still some distance to perfect.
              I hope we get diverted less and could focus to perfect it ASAP.

Comment

Edit
                Last edited by HardwareGuru; 06-18-2014, 14:58.

Comment

edited. I will edit some of my previous post later in order to help to keep the thread clean..

Comment

edit post.. its best to leave it as is indeed.

Comment

Working...
                    X