Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garny View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, yes xpad.ko is in system/lib
    I would of thought it would of picked up the xbox controller straight away I haven't got the s805 so can not say or sure. try installing the tincore app see if that picks up your controller https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apper&hl=en_GB
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

thanks for your help, will try it now

Comment

Originally posted by Garny View Post
        thanks for your help, will try it now
        No worrys thanks for your Politeness & welcome to freaktakb sure someone can help you so don't give up
        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

I'm getting somewhere tincore can see the pad after I enabled usb, I just havent got a clue what to do next

Comment

Acemax S805 MXQ

Hey guys,

I'm a bit late to the party... thanks for the efforts Bob and Woomg

Regarding Acemax S805 MXQ (no button on case), will the ENY_M8_XBOX_PS3_INSTALL files in original post work for MXQ as well?

Thanks

Comment

Hi everybody,

I have a s89-H with Finless 2.1 ROM. Today I borrowed a wired XBOX360 controller from my neighbour. The s89 doesn't see it (settings, language and input) and the controller is not working at all.
              I read I don't have to install this patch, but since it's not working I thought I'd try to see if this would work (this one: UPDATE ->Xbox/PS3 KO module installer for Finless S82/S89 ROMs (200 KB)). No luck either.

I can see the files (09xpadjoy in init.d and the 4 ko-files in lib) in the box.
              I noticed something that (to me as a layman) seems strange. In 09xpadjoy there are 2 forward slashes in 2 places, is this correct (or maybe the reason it's not functioning?):

#!/system/bin/sh
              #Insmod modules
              insmod /system//lib/xpad.ko
              insmod /system//lib/gameport.ko
              insmod /system/lib/hidsony.ko
              insmod /system/lib/hidps3remote.ko

I tried terminal emulator and typed "su" and "lsmod" and this is what I got back:
              gameport 8227 0 - Live 0x00000000
              xpad 10860 0 - Live 0x00000000
              mali 192126 45 - Live 0x00000000
              aml_nftl_dev 60945 3 - Live 0x00000000 (P)

Hope you can help me get the controller to work.

Wim

Comment

I haven't tried a wired Xbox controller but for a wireless one you will need the usb PC receiver module for Xbox controllers. I have used this and it works. You may also need to use usbjoygold from the market to get your controller working. But be warned usbjoygold is pretty flaky and the dev isn't very good at customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by dibnah View Post
                  I haven't tried a wired Xbox controller but for a wireless one you will need the usb PC receiver module for Xbox controllers. I have used this and it works. You may also need to use usbjoygold from the market to get your controller working. But be warned usbjoygold is pretty flaky and the dev isn't very good at customer service.
                  Hi,

Thanks for the response. I assume you mean this app: USB/BT Joystick Center GOLD. Unfortunately, this app isn't in the playstore anymore and I can't find a reliable source on the web for it. Is it really necessary? Maybe you can PM me the app or give me a good link?

Wim

Comment

Well,

I think the double forward slashes are wrong, but this didn't create a problem probably because the files were already in the ROM.

Maybe ff-memless.ko is missing? According to post #65 it's builtin, but I can't find the file.
                    So I used the one from post #63 (neo x8).

Then insmod manually, but got this message:
                    insmod /system/lib/ff-memless.ko failed (Operation not permitted)

Checked permission:
                    chmod 644 ff-memless.ko RW-R--R-- just like every other file.

I noticed different versions:
                    ff_memless.ko, ff-memless.ko or ffmemless.ko?

I'm going to try complete zip-files for M8 and X8, see if that makes the difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wim

Comment

Well,

I think the double forward slashes are wrong, but this didn't create a problem probably because the files were already in the ROM.

Maybe ff-memless.ko is missing? According to post #65 it's builtin, but I can't find the file.
                      So I used the one from post #63 (neo x8).

Then insmod manually, but got this message:
                      insmod /system/lib/ff-memless.ko failed (Operation not permitted)

Checked permission:
                      chmod 644 ff-memless.ko RW-R--R-- just like every other file.

I noticed different versions:
                      ff_memless.ko, ff-memless.ko or ffmemless.ko?

I'm going to try complete zip-files for M8 and X8, see if that makes the difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wim

EDIT:
                      Tried the X8-zip, insmod gave this: exec format error.
                      Tried M8-zip: nothing.
                      I have kernel 3.10.33.

I'm lost now..........

Comment

UPDATE
                        I tried tincore keymapper and although the box doesn't detect the xbox controller, when I disconnect the usb-cable when tincore is active I get the message "tkm change in usb connected devices detected. Stopping all dependent mappings."
                        I guess the device detects something.

Any help appreciated.

Wim

Comment

UPDATE:

I did a dmesg, I attached the output file. I hope someone can see now what the problem is, this is to complicated for me.

Please help.

Wim
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WimK View Post
                            UPDATE:

I did a dmesg, I attached the output file. I hope someone can see now what the problem is, this is to complicated for me.

Please help.

Wim
                            Get a rockcandy controller from WalMart for ~$20. It has a little receiver you plug in to the device. Then dmesg to get id of the device and search for it on google to get the keyboard layout. It works without kl but buttons are weird. At least on the ps4 version.
                            Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                              Get a rockcandy controller from WalMart for ~$20. It has a little receiver you plug in to the device. Then dmesg to get id of the device and search for it on google to get the keyboard layout. It works without kl but buttons are weird. At least on the ps4 version.
                              Thanks for your response but if the xbox controller doesn't work I'm not sure that any controller would work.
                              I investigated a bit further and I did a lsusb, now I know the device is connect. But when I press any key, there's no entry in dmesg. That supports what I experienced before with keytest app: no key presses are seen.

Anyone?

Wim
                              EDIT: I don't know if a PS3 controller is supposed to work with a USB cable, but that doesn't work either, same problem.
                              Last edited by WimK; 02-27-2015, 19:17.

Comment

Well, maybe got another clue. Got this from dmesg:

<6>[ 13.716314@0] usbcore: registered new interface driver xpad
                                <11>[ 13.955509@1] init: property 'ro.usb.vendor.string' doesn't exist while expanding '${ro.usb.vendor.string}'
                                <11>[ 13.955516@1] init: cannot expand '${ro.usb.vendor.string}' while writing to '/sys/class/android_usb/android0/f_mass_storage/vendor_string'
                                <11>[ 13.955523@1] init: property 'ro.usb.product.string' doesn't exist while expanding '${ro.usb.product.string}'
                                <11>[ 13.955526@1] init: cannot expand '${ro.usb.product.string}' while writing to '/sys/class/android_usb/android0/f_mass_storage/product_string'
                                <3>[ 13.957766@1] android_usb: already disabled

Maybe there's something wrong with the driver?

Comment

Working...
                                X